The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a few more pictures from seeger.

Frederik -- Frederik & Mary -- Frederik & Mary 2 -- Frederik & Mary 3 -- Queen, Henrik, Frederik & Mary -- walking in -- Mary

Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

What a gown! I love it! Mary looks very regal, elegant, and like a previous poster said - very Jackie Kennedy-esque. Margrethe, this is one of my favourite of her gowns - it just screams "Scandinavian Queen" for me

ETA: Pictures from Polfoto

Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I love her dress, the colour and the shape! She really will make a lovely Queen of Denmark!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

I am in with Mary's ENTIRE look here. Oh my goodness, no other crown princess can dress like Mary. Breathtaking. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Maybe becouse someone whant to kiss their hands

Great page about gloves The Etiquette of Opera Gloves
According to that, you're supposed to leave your gloves on. I know Queen Elizabeth keeps hers on even whilst shaking hands. But perhaps, even though you're supposed to leave them on, it doesn't seem polite.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

More news and photos (here, here, here, and here) about the New Year's Court at Amalienborg Palace.

DRWs is reporting, via Jyllands Posten, the details of the event dubbing it as the Hundreeds of Handshakes in the Knights Hall. The paper notes:

Quote:
To the sound of trumpet fanfares worthy a majesty, the Queen went along with Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary into the waiting Diplomatic Corps in the Knights Hall at Christiansborg on Thursday morning.
To read more from the article please click here.

Finally, DRWs is reports about the Grand New Year's Court at Christianborg Palace in which the Queen arrived in a beautiful ornate gold carriage:

Quote:
where they met Crown Prince Frederik and received military representatives and representatives from their patronages. They receive representatives from the Danish Defence and ...
A short video clip of the event.

To read more please click here.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Mary is channeling Jacqueline Kennedy in her diplomatic event gown -- it suits her quite a bit.
I thought that too. Mary looks phenomenal. I love that her hair is softly done up and I love the pearls, and of course the elegant gown, jacket and gloves. Aka I love everything about it!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Mary is channeling Jacqueline Kennedy in her diplomatic event gown -- it suits her quite a bit.
The lady is quite a tough act to follow. Do you think it's a strapless gown underneath the coat? I guess we have to wait until she recycles the dress!! Well done Mary!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post

A short video clip of the event.
Where should we click to see Mary and Frederik at this event?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

The video clip corresponds with the latter part of my previous post, Regina, which highlights The Queen and the Prince Consort riding in the gold carriage prior, or after, the Grand New Year's Court at Christianborg palace.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I just loved the pagentry of the day. It truely gives the fairytale impression.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Moderator Emeritus

10-01-2008 Copenhagen Princess Mary at a reception for her patronages in Chr. VIII Palae at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency

Mary looked very classic and elegant. I like her look. She recycled the jacket she wore for Christian's Christening. This time she also wore the matching skirt.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Here they are:
PPE Agency

I love Mary's new dress. It looks unusual and very elegant. The gloves complete the elegant look .
Princess Mary's gown is designed by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade. Info from Billed-Bladet.

-Ayvee
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dates for the 2009 New Year's Courts were announced a while ago, and are now posted on the royal family's official calender.

Here is the press release (in Danish) for the New Year's Courts.

And the dates:
January 1st - The Regent Pair host a court for invited people (such as the Elephant Knights, selected Government members, representatives of the official court of Denmark. The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim & Princess Marie will attend.
January 5th - The Regent Pair host a court for the Supreme Court, the Royal Life Guards and the Guard House Regiment Officers.
January 5th - The Regent Pair host a court for the Diplomatic Corps.
January 6th - The Regent Pair travel from Amalienborg Palace to Christiansborg Palace via coach, for the court for the grand court

Old 12-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Do they also have a New Year's Eve party or event?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Do they also have a New Year's Eve party or event?
The Queen and Prince Henrik is always having a New Years party with their friends at Sjęlland...CP Frederik, CP Mary and their children is also having a New Years party with their friends but i don´t know wher they are having it this time.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Majesty

i can't wait for this years new years courts! it's marie's first time in them, it will be nice to see all the family together.

the previous years frederik and mary attended the court to the diplomatic corps, are they not going this year? are joachim and marie also not going to be there?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

First picture of the New Years Gala 2008 (2009)

¤¤¤

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim

Old 01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Nobility

First picture of the New Years Court, held January 1st, 2009 at Amalienborg, Copenhagen

http://images.bt.dk/apps/pbcsi.dll/b...W=197&NoBorder Princess Marie and Prince Joachim arriving

Another picture of happy Joachim and Marie: http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb...ik_397885m.jpg (Ekstrabladet), Marie looks really stunning
Old 01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Here are more pictures from Belga (4 pages): BelgaPicture - Category details . Both princesses look fab. I especially love Marie's up-do and tiara, and am finding the ruby tiara suits Mary more and more each time she wears is. It seems she's finding better hairdos to go with it.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie's gown reminds me something between Margrethe and Alexandra's gowns.

Mary and Margrethe recycle their gowns - Mary her prewedding gown.

I waite for more.

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals