Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mary is channeling Jacqueline Kennedy in her diplomatic event gown -- it suits her quite a bit.
The lady is quite a tough act to follow. Do you think it's a strapless gown underneath the coat? I guess we have to wait until she recycles the dress!! Well done Mary!

The video clip corresponds with the latter part of my previous post, Regina, which highlights The Queen and the Prince Consort riding in the gold carriage prior, or after, the Grand New Year's Court at Christianborg palace.

:)

10-01-2008 Copenhagen Princess Mary at a reception for her patronages in Chr. VIII Palae at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency

Mary looked very classic and elegant. I like her look. She recycled the jacket she wore for Christian's Christening. This time she also wore the matching skirt.

Here they are:
PPE Agency

I love Mary's new dress. It looks unusual and very elegant. The gloves complete the elegant look .

Princess Mary's gown is designed by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade. Info from Billed-Bladet.

-Ayvee

The dates for the 2009 New Year's Courts were announced a while ago, and are now posted on the royal family's official calender.

Here is the press release (in Danish) for the New Year's Courts.

And the dates:
January 1st - The Regent Pair host a court for invited people (such as the Elephant Knights, selected Government members, representatives of the official court of Denmark. The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim & Princess Marie will attend.
January 5th - The Regent Pair host a court for the Supreme Court, the Royal Life Guards and the Guard House Regiment Officers.
January 5th - The Regent Pair host a court for the Diplomatic Corps.
January 6th - The Regent Pair travel from Amalienborg Palace to Christiansborg Palace via coach, for the court for the grand court

:)

Do they also have a New Year's Eve party or event?

Do they also have a New Year's Eve party or event?

The Queen and Prince Henrik is always having a New Years party with their friends at Sjælland...CP Frederik, CP Mary and their children is also having a New Years party with their friends but i don´t know wher they are having it this time.

i can't wait for this years new years courts! it's marie's first time in them, it will be nice to see all the family together.

the previous years frederik and mary attended the court to the diplomatic corps, are they not going this year? are joachim and marie also not going to be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are more pictures from Belga (4 pages): BelgaPicture - Category details . Both princesses look fab. I especially love Marie's up-do and tiara, and am finding the ruby tiara suits Mary more and more each time she wears is. It seems she's finding better hairdos to go with it.

Marie's gown reminds me something between Margrethe and Alexandra's gowns.

Mary and Margrethe recycle their gowns - Mary her prewedding gown.

I waite for more.

They both look very beautiful :flowers:
Lovely to see how Marie has the 'fairy tale princessy' look with her elegant hair-do and beautiful tiara tonight.

All the ladies look wonderful. It's nice to see that both the Queen and CP Mary chose to recycle a gown since there is so much focus on the bad economy right now. Obviously Princess Marie could not do so, as the is her first formal court event, plus she is pregnant (and please, please, please don't think I am criticizing her for wearing a new gown as I'm not...) I think Marie looked wonderful with her evening gloves also. Mary could have chosen a darker fur to contrast with her gown and pick up the black trim of it as the light fur kind of blends into the gown in the hail of flashbulbs.

So nice to see everyone looking so lovely for the event.

Marie looks absolutely GORGEOUS, the best dressed. Love her hairdo and her tiara.

She really has charm.

Princess Marie look so beautiful:) Is that the same tiara she use on here wedding day?

Please pardon me, I am repeating often the same: Princess Marie is a beautiful woman and am admiring her, but I cannot help feeling sorrows dwelling in my heart, when suddenly I think of Alexandra.

WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character:wub:, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG:eek: gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ;) ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information:flowers:

Alexandra seems very happy and has a nice life with Martin, she has beautiful children who are thriving and happy, on the surface it seems a smooth transition for her to private life. I do still admire and follow her family thread but i really like marie and i'm glad everyone got to end up happy and they've kept their behavior postive. in a few years the princes:wub: will be be attending the kurs (that's another wow...they are growing up fast)
(i hope i hope i hope for a video) btw Happy New Year

WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character:wub:, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG:eek: gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ;) ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information:flowers:

Alexandra seems very happy and has a nice life with Martin, she has beautiful children who are thriving and happy, on the surface it seems a smooth transition for her to private life. I do still admire and follow her family thread but i really like marie and i'm glad everyone got to end up happy and they've kept their behavior postive. in a few years the princes:wub: will be be attending the kurs (that's another wow...they are growing up fast)
(i hope i hope i hope for a video) btw Happy New Year
bbb, is that queen magrethe on your avatar ? :)

yes it is miss saga, i picked it because it looks like she's in a cowboy hat (texan and all ;) )

i wish we could see a photo without their wraps and all together in one shot. It looks like a movie ....i'm a fan of romantic fairytales (chick flick lol)

Wow both Princesses look great but I think Marie steals the show tonight!

Wow! Princess Marie looked great! I love her gown :wub: Too bad we cant see pics w/o the fur coat. :ermm: Is

Both Mary and Marie looked fantastic! They look like something out of a fairytale. I noticed that Marie is wearing the Order of the Elephant, which confirms what we have been wondering about.

I absolutely loved Mary's hair. This is (IMO), one of the best looks for her with the ruby parure.

Back
Top Bottom