Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What can I say watching so beautiful royal family and so so elegant crown princess? :) They all are gorgeus and really regal! And Mary's dress is my favourite because it's so elegant, classic and like fairy tale.

Yay!! Mary recycled the sari-gown again! :D:D (where's my dancing banana when I need it?) Mary looks fantastic, love that she's finally wearing the Desiree tiara with her hair up again. Margrethe looks great, orange really suits her. Didn't she wear this dress to the Swedish State Visit?

Picture gallery from Polfoto

Beautiful pictures indeed!! Mary looks perfect, I love the color of her dress.
This is a very pretty pic, imo. Can't wait to see Marie as a new member of the royal family!

Love the gown, purple is coming back!
Did Mary remove the velevt coat or she didn't,but i understund it's cold out there!

i never really liked that gown, i think mary has more beautiful ones! i'm looking forward to see what she wears during the next nytarskurt.

Thanks for all the photos. I am pleased Mary's new L.inW didn't attend . My feeling is she is just not up to the job. I guess time will tell but certainlt is no Caroline Heering and doesn't appear to be able to work the job. But I could be wrong. Mary looked lovely at New Year celebrations.Loved the opera cap.

This is one of my favourite Mary gowns and orange is a good colour on Queen Margrethe.

I wish we had the banana smilie on this forum right now.

Is this a new tiara? I can't tell if it is the parure set that is featured on the home page of these forums or not.

She looks stunning, and Fred, very handsome.

Thanks for all the photos. I am pleased Mary's new L.inW didn't attend . My feeling is she is just not up to the job. I guess time will tell but certainlt is no Caroline Heering and doesn't appear to be able to work the job. But I could be wrong. Mary looked lovely at New Year celebrations.Loved the opera cap.

Ms. Doky has a background in PR, so why do you think she wouldn't be up to the job? Given that we've only seen her at a few events, why have you decided she is incapable of doing her job? From the pics I've seen, she seems to be doing just fine. (I mean, it ain't rocket science.)

We don't know the reason she's not at the New Year's celebration. Perhaps she could have fallen ill or her child could be sick. Given the close relationship between Frederik and her Tanja's husband, I doubt that Mary didn't carefully consider her qualifications before hiring her (at the risk of hurting the relationship).

Mary looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Mary looks gorgeous :) I love the dress, hair and tiara:wub:

I am so pleased that Mary is wearing this 'sari' gown again. It has always been one of my favourites, especially the colour. Does it look as if the earings have been adjusted or are they new earrings?

Stellad

Love the gown, purple is coming back!
Did Mary remove the velevt coat or she didn't,but i understund it's cold out there!

Since we didnt get any pictures of Mary inside, I would assume she did take it off once in. I would like to see the dress again without the velvet over it.

Mary looks fabulous, hair & make up are great! I love this gown and the fact that she does wear such wonderful dresses that can actually be considered top quality gala dresses. Christmas must have been kind since her face looks quite full ;)
As usual I don't know what to say about Fred. These official events seem to be a torture for him. He does not look happy or confident at all, rather like he wants to be somewhere else (and we could see last year that there are environments where he is so much at ease, eg when he is with his children or on a sailing boat). Although they are not Kings yet I see them more and more in the Carl Gustaf & Silvia position meaning Fred keeping a lower profile in the background and Mary doing the front office work and gaining some popularity. It did work in Sweden and I am sure it will become a success in Denmark, too.

Would love to see Mary's beautiful dress without the wrap. It was skin-tight when she wore it in 2004 and I wonder if they had to let out the bodice. It would be interesting to see how she put it all together: ruby gems, regal paraphernalia and honors. Not to worry, however, fashion cops give royal excesses a pass when it encorporates tradition, I loved it in any case.

I remember when Mary has wore this gown for the first time. There were many opinions not only here but on GREMB too that this isn't beautiful dress.

Like the outfit, but i was hopping that she wares something new...I simple adore the her make-up... she looks very pretty and placid!

Well, like many women Mary recycle her gowns too.

Why is this thread only for 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008?
What happened in 2005?

May I say that both the Queen and Mary looked stunning? Orange is a good color for Margarethe and Mary could wear a sheet and look good (OK, so maybe not, but you get the picture). Thanks for the pictures everyone!

Why is this thread only for 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008?
What happened in 2005?

The event was a solemn one becasue of the 2004 tragedy days before:

The New Years reception in 2005 where cancelled and took place much smaller because of the Tsunami where a lot of Danes where killed.

I am the only one who loves Soren Steffen's pictures, but hates how his watermark has evolved over the past, say, six months? It always covers the people's face - and you feel sad because the pictures and their quality are fantastic!

In the Soren Steffen pics, you can see Mary's Order of the Elephant chain, or at least the elephant fob, so for those wondering whether she was wearing it or not, she was :)

You really don't let gowns out. It's very difficult. Can it be done? yes. But you usually don't. And since Mary can afford to buy a new gala gown or wear another she has, I think it's safe to assume this still fits. She prides herself on eating well, and physical fitness.

I think the dress is so beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom