Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This years gown is a stunner! When I think of it, last years new years gown was one of the only time I was really disapointed in CPSS Mary's attire, This year makes up for it!

I said this in the Mary's Gala Dress thread, but I thought she looked utterly divine at this year's court. With the little baby bump, and the ruby parure, and the dark wine-colored dress...she looked a dream.

Lasse Pedersen said:
Here you have an overview of how the Danish Royal Family entered 2007!

Finally, according to this article from Billed Bladet (in Danish), HRH Prince Joachim celebrated the coming of the new year at Amalienborg with both his girlfriend Ms. Marie Cavallier, his ex-wife HH Princess Alexandra and the Princess’ girlfriend, Mr. Martin Jørgensen, along with his and the Princess’ children, TH Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. The celebrations started in the afternoon and lasted until late in the night.

/Lasse Pedersen
Divorce is never an ideal thing, but I love it when the new family structure is able to work together like this. Martin drove Felix and Nikolai to the gathering, and Alexandra came a bit later.

Apparently Joachim and his friends were sending up fireworks from the garden behind the Palace.

magnik said:
Mary looks radiant. :wub:
When I look on today's photos from I think that in this blue outfit she looks much more pregnant than on her red gown.

For example here:
http://galleri.tv2.dk/index.php/category-Nyhederne/id-5744855/page-4.html

yes that is true but if you look at the two dresses, both different cuts. i'd love to see what her dress looks like under the blue coat. liked her simple jewlley and hair. The red dress was nice, but maybe if she had pulled her hair up, looked a bit messy but beautiful jewllery again. Her belly is growing and showing at last. she looks wonderful

Lasse Pedersen said:
At The New Year’s Court and Banquet for the Government and other ‘specially invited’ guests (to be held on January 1st), sometimes referred to as the ‘Small Court’, The Reigning Couple are the hosts, and TRH The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Benedikte and TH Princess Elisabeth and Princess Alexandra are amongst the so-called ‘specially invited’. NOTE: The above ‘guest list’ of royals is a guess on my part.

And I was wrong:sad: HH Princess Elisabeth, 7th in line to the Danish throne, did not attend the New Year's Banquet on January 1, and today, I learned why.

According to Billed Bladet (#1, 2007), Her Highness fell in her home, resulting in an ulcer on her right foot, which has rendered her unable to put on her shoes.

So let us hope that the 71-year-old princess will recover soon!

/Lasse

Lasse Pedersen said:
And I was wrong:sad: HH Princess Elisabeth, 7th in line to the Danish throne, did not attend the New Year's Banquet on January 1...
So let us hope that the 71-year-old princess will recover soon!

/Lasse

Who is HH Princess Elisabeth (and what relation is she to Frederik?)

LadyK said:
Who is HH Princess Elisabeth (and what relation is she to Frederik?)

HH Princess Elisabeth is the daugther of heir presumptive Knud of Denmark and heir presumptive Caroline-Mathilde. Therfor she is cousin to HM Queen Margrethe and second cousin to CP Frederik and Prince Joachim of Denmark.

Mary looks wonderful!! And HM looks very regal, especially with the fur coat! Thanks for the pics, I'll have to take a proper look when I get home!

sara1981 said:
CP Mary looks nice in her gala dress and she very pregnant
Maybe she's expecting twins...she's only what, 5 months pregnant? (due in May?)

Linda Hsu said:
A very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary from Billedbladet. She looks perfect!
thumbsup.gif
:wub:

Link : http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=4728
Then again, after seeing this photo, I think she needs to eat more b/c she's eating for 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen, Mary and Alexandra simply looked stunning in all their finery!

Thanks for all the pictures!

They are beatiful! Thanks for all these great pictures!

Vanesa.

Lady Bluffton said:
Then again, after seeing this photo, I think she needs to eat more b/c she's eating for 2!

Actually, that's a common misconception. Women aren't really "eating" for 2 or 3, or however many babies they're having. Doctors say that pregnant women don't need to increase their caloric count by all that much when they're pregnant. Yes, they need to eat more to feed nutrients to the baby, but they don't need to double all their portions either. I'm sure Mary is eating healthy and taking her pre-natal vitamins and doing all the things she needs to be doing to have a healthy baby. :)

Nytårskur og -taffel
Tirsdag 1. januar 2008 kl. 19:10
Kronprinsparret deltager i Nytårskur og -taffel for Regeringen, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og Hoffet i Chr. VII's Palæ, Amalienborg.

January 1, 2008 - 19:10
The Crown Prince Couple will attend the New Year's Court and Gala Dinner.

Margrethe, Henrik and Joachim are also the regulars.

:flowers:

new gowns for mary or will she repeat some previous ones im looking forward as it has been a while since she was last in a ballgown was it for the brazil visit in sept07

new gowns for mary or will she repeat some previous ones im looking forward as it has been a while since she was last in a ballgown was it for the brazil visit in sept07
Perhaps she will do like her MIL and recycle those she already has. These new year's court dresses are not like the ordinary ball gowns - more austere somehow. Queen Margrethe has a least one, a fur-lined one, which she has recycled on and off for the past 20 years or there about :)

The Reigning Couple will hold the traditional Nytårskur regal gala this evening. The guestlist can be found here as well as the menu and music for the evening.

Guests will include TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, HRH Prince Joachim (without Miss Marie Cavallier), HH Princess Elisabeth, Per Thornit and his wfe, Caroling Herring and her husband, the Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller, and a bunch of other very important people.

Here is an article from BT.dk regarding tonights gala event along with a lovely photo of the Queen and the Prince Consort. Also, first photo series from ANP, another photo series from [URL="http://www.berlingske.dk/apps/pbcs.dll/tngallery?avis=bm&date=20080101&kategori=abmbilleder&lopenr=101004&ref=ph&mime=xml/"]Berlingske Tidende[/URL], and [URL="http://jp.dk/indland/article1217227.ece"]another article[/URL]. Enjoy!

More information to come or if you have something to add regarding this evening please post it!

Later on, I'm sure, Dr.dk as well as TV2 will have something available for those of us who do not live in Denmark.

Finally, the Danish Royal Calender for January 2008 can be found here.

Happy New Year, everyone!
:fireworks: :newyear:

quite a shame mary's new lady in waiting tanja doky is not attending. it's also sad marie isn't attending, although no surprise: we will see her next year, hopefully!

was maersk mckinney a usual in the new year celebrations or is it the first year he is invited?

i can't wait to see pictures!

out of curiousity what is the menu?

Fasan Consommé ( i assume a consomme, whats a fasan?)

Fiske terrin med fennikel (fish w/fennel in a turrin?)

Lammekølle (potoatoes?)
Græskarpuré (?)
Stegte kartofler (?)

Regent kage (regent cake?)

wild guesses just wondered what they were dining on, thanks in advance ;)
can't wait i'm going to try and watch it live (do we have a time listed yet?)

arrival for the rich in tradition New Year Levee in the Royal Palace Amalienborg in Copenhagen January 1. 2008 (anp)
Danish Queen Margrethe -- Queen M -- Queen M & Prince Henrik -- Frederik & Mary 1 -- Frederik & Mary 2 -- Frederik & Mary 3 -- Joachim -- Joachim 2

QM looks lovely, like the dress & color and her fur stole very pretty against the orange. Mary looks lovely in lilac, nice to see her recycling the dress, also like her hair.

polfoto pictures

Mary close-up -- Fredreik -- Frederik & Mary 1 -- Frederik & Mary 2 -- Frederik & Mary 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lammekølle (potoatoes?)
Græskarpuré (?)
Stegte kartofler (?)

Fasan = pheasant
Lammekølle = Lamb
Kartofler = potatoes (I'm not sure what stegte means)

I like both Queen Margrethe and Princess Mary's outfits. HM's dress is of a very unusual color, it seems to be- but it looks really great! Mary looks very pretty, I like her dress and hair. The men don't really look particularly special- what's special about uniforms?;)

I've always loved that gown, first worn in March of 2004 during the Romanian State visit, on Mary.

More images from tonight can be found here. Just click the photo and it will lead you to a series of images. Enjoy!

Lammekølle (potoatoes?)
Græskarpuré (?)
Stegte kartofler (?)

lammekølle is meat from a lamb.
stegte kartofler = potaoatoes

And here is the speech on Kongehuset, it's in Danish - maybe a DK member could translate the main points for us? :)

DRWs is reporting, via their translators and sources, that the Queen's speech detailed the:

..welcoming migrants into the Danish community and being more open minded about 'new Danes'... that Danes should have a warmer and more open attitude towards the country's migrants...

This is interesting that this was a highlight of her speech along with the effects of global warming/the environment, in which they paraphrased:

...for greater care and thought for the environment, for nature and the legacy for future generations.

Finally, they note that the Queen:

...expressed special thoughts and good wishes to Danes serving overseas, especially in Afghanistan and Iraq.

To read more click the link above. Or if you like to read the entire English version of the Queen's speech, via JP, please click [url=http://jp.dk/uknews/article1217536.ece]here.[/URL]

Just a few weeks ago I wondered why Mary never recycled this ebautiful purple gown.
I'm glad to see this dress again as it is one of my favourite Royal dresses! :flowers:
I aslo like her hair: beautifully styled, but not too "high" or "big" (like in 2006 for example).

Back
Top Bottom