Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QMII is in a recycled green dress. I think we saw it at her birthday.

Pss Marie is in a new dress. I couldn´t establish the color...

Looking forward to pictures, shame there's no Princess Mary.

Was there no new years eve celebration? Also this thread is titled 2004,2006-11 new year courts, what about 2005?

The celebration is going on right now ;) 2005's Celebrations were cancelled due to the Tsunami :)

TV2 news at 19.00 had a clip from the arrival of the DRF.

Here is an article:
Skl i rosenborgvin p Amalienborg - TV 2 Nyhederne

This New Year Table is for the official Denmark, i.e. members of the government, holders of the Order of the Elephant, the Chairman of the Parliament and similar of the highest ranking officials.
Not even the opposition in the Parliament, nor wives/spouses of ministers are invited.
They all have the opportunity to wish the DRF (and each other) a Happy New year.
This costum goes back a long, long time. At the beggining of the new year it was costumary not only to personally wish friends a family a Happy New Year but also very much your network. - This is basically continuation of that tradition.

After having greeted the DRF they all have dinner (taffel = table), where the old, albeit now diluted Rosenborg Wine is served. That wine is more than 400 years old.

There were 58 guests and for the holders of the Order of the Elephant, this is the only time of the year, that order is worn on a chain, around the shoulders.

Why don't you tell us what your Marie is wearing? ;)

Why don't you tell us what your Marie is wearing? ;)

Because words fail me.

I'm mesmerized, enchanted.

This cannot be described, a sight like that must be experienced, savoured, feasted on.

Wait for the pics, Sternchen. :lol:

Thanks for the clip, Fanvanmaxima.

- It looks for a moment, that Prince Henrik had problems keeping up...

Last edited:
Looks like grey to me :) And it looks like QMII had trouble getting out of the car?

Muhler, who are Karen Ellemann and Charlotte Sahl-Madsen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhler, who are Karen Ellemann and Charlotte Sahl-Madsen?

Karen Ellemann is Minster for Environment and also Minister for Nordic Cooperation - A junior post, probably more suited for her... talents.

Charlotte Sahl-Madsen is Minster for Science and Development.

Charlotte is wearing an uhm interesting outfit :D

Charlotte is wearing an uhm interesting outfit :D

She is? - Where is she?

I notice that the Foreign Minister and head of the Conservative Party, Lene Espersen, was late. - Well, she's managed to put her feet wrong all year, so why not start the new year in the same manner? :whistling:
She is the talking cleavage... sorry, that's her nickname. She is the lady seen talking behind the reporter.

Thank you, agami.pearl :flowers:
P Joachim&P Marie
Maginificent, right Sternchen?
Joachim is wearing the gala uniform of the army.
The uniform dates back to the Schleswigan wars in the mid 1800's, when the field uniform for officers looked very similar.

Frederik is wearing the gala uniform of the navy. - With the "sauce-bowl" hat.

I notice that Prince Henrik is in civillian. I'm tempted to deduce that his... pondus, combined with the metal bottons of military uniforms would be too big a risk, for innocent bystanders.

Last edited:
Sorry Muhler, but Marie looks boring.

Last edited:
Except made of different material, not surprising.

P Joachim&P Marie
Maginificent, right Sternchen?
She is a copygirl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The dress is very similar to the one CPss Mary wore last year ;););)

I notice that the Foreign Minister and head of the Conservative Party, Lene Espersen, was late. - Well, she's managed to put her feet wrong all year, so why not start the new year in the same manner? :whistling:
She is the talking cleavage... sorry, that's her nickname. She is the lady seen talking behind the reporter.
She knows how to get attention - good or bad :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she the one who rather went on Holiday than doing her job?

I don't think Marie looks bad at all. Very pretty dress and color on her.

The Queen looks divine as usual, I think Henrik has gotten a bit too rotund for his uniform. Fred's is dishy as always, if not a bit tired looking, but it would be too if my misses was about to pop too little ones out. And Marie looks lovely, the dress is similar to Mary's yes, but I actually like this dress better.

It's good to see Marie again. Her dress looks indeed similar to Mary's one from last year, only better ;)

Here's a gallery of pics from today from Berlingske.dk:

** De lange kjolers aften **

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Let's go through them:

#1: Queen Margrethe.
#2: Minister of Defence, Gitte Lillelund Bech.
#3: Minister of employment, Birgitte Støjberg. - I shall refrain from further comments...
#4: The gentleman is Søren Pind, Minster for Foreign Aide. I like him, he's got some unorthodox ideas.
The lady to the left is Minster of Climate, Lykke Friis. She contribute half the IQ of the combined government.
The woman to the right is Minister for Integration, Birthe Rønn Hornbech. She is, however you define it, unique...
#5: Minister of Environment, Karen Ellemann. To the right is a gift-wrapped?!? Minister for Science, Charlotte Sahl-Madsen.
#6: (See pic #4).
#7: Minister of Culture Per Stig Møller. Formerly a very competent Foreign Minister. Alas, the present minister needed that post to boost her ratings. - She failed...
#8: (See pic #5).
#9: The Chairman of the Parliament, Thor Pedersen. Wearing a foreign order. Don't know which one.
#10&11: And late... Foreign Minister, Lene Espersen.
#12&13: The Prime Minister, Lars Løkke. - Whose New Year speech was on air at the same time this New Year Table took place.
#14: Crown Prince Frederik, in his navy gala.
#15: Our Marie and her Joachim. - I could not fail to notice how Joachim, being the gentleman he is, discreetly focused his attention on the precious lady beside him.
#16: Frederik again. He looks pretty delighted tonight.
#17: Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. The attentive will notice that they have turned on the heels before posing for the photographers. While Joachim, being the correct gentleman he is, usually execute a 180 degree turn on top of the stairs, thus ensuring that his lady, Marie, remains on the correct side of him. To the right.
#18, 19 & 20: QMII again.

More photos!:flowers: (CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE)
International Club Copenhagen: ROYAL NEW YEAR GALA-DINNER for THE GOVERNMENT,THE ROYAL COURT..... 1.Jan 2011 at Amalienborg Palace.

Copy or not....Princess Marie looks absolutely gorgeous! My only criticism is that her earrings (green) do not match the dress. But that's a minor issue.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IxVeuC8igyI/TR-O9qJ8naI/AAAAAAAAHw0/PPHT8OQOUYk/s1600/%2521%2BROYAL%2BNEW%2BYEAR%2BGALADINNER%2Bf%2BGOVERNMENT%2B1Jan2011%2BPhoto%2BHasse%2BFerrold%2B5a.jpg (Click on the photo to enlarge)

The Queen....resplendent as always!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom