Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danish New Year Celebrations 2007

I know I am in good time, but today, a press release regarding the Danish Royal Family’s New Year celebrations of 2007 was issued. And although it will be a couple of months before we can marvel at the pictures of gala dresses and such, I found it appropriate to start this thread already. And why not do so by giving you a translation of the press release:

New Year’s Court 2007

AMALIENBORG, November 2006
On the occasion of the commencement of the new year, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort will receive specially invited in court on Monday, January 1st, right before the New Year’s Banquet.

On Wednesday, January 3rd, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort will receive specially invited in court in Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg, in this manner:
09.50 The members of the Supreme Court, the officers of the Royal Life Guards and the Royal Hussars.
And at Christiansborg Palace:
11.30 The diplomatic body.

On Thursday, January 4th, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort will hold a court at Christiansborg Palace in this manner:
09.30 Officers from the Defence and the Civil Defence Forces.
10.00 Members of the First, Second and Third Rank.
12.00 Invited representatives of major national associations and royal patronages.

Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort will go from Amalienborg to Christiansborg Palace by coach, and after the court awaits another coach ride from Christiansborg Palace to Amalienborg.

Attire: Gala/full dress.

On the occasion of the commencement of the new year, congratulatory lists for Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort will be put forward in the Lord Chamberlain’s Office, Det Gule Palæ, Amaliegade 18, Copenhagen K.

Ove Ullerup
Lord Chamberlain

/Lasse Pedersen

Dear Lasse, does the Crown Princes any act on the ocasion, or just the Queen and the Prince Consort?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Paty said:
Dear Lasse, does the Crown Princes any act on the ocasion, or just the Queen and the Prince Consort?

Thanks in avnace!

At all three New Year’s Courts, The Reigning Couple act as hosts.

At The New Year’s Court and Banquet for the Government and other ‘specially invited’ guests (to be held on January 1st), sometimes referred to as the ‘Small Court’, The Reigning Couple are the hosts, and TRH The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Benedikte and TH Princess Elisabeth and Princess Alexandra are amongst the so-called ‘specially invited’. NOTE: The above ‘guest list’ of royals is a guess on my part.

At the Court to be held on January 3rd, TRH The Crown Prince Couple will join The Reigning Couple in receiving the best wishes for the year to come from the members of the Supreme Court and officers of the royal guards. This part of the Court is always private. The reception of the diplomatic body at Christiansborg Palace is open to the press, and TRH The Crown Prince Couple will also be present at this occasion.

At the Court to be held on January 4th, sometimes referred to as the ‘Grand Court’, The Reigning Couple will, as hosts, obviously attend. However, last year, HRH The Crown Princess did something entirely new and held her own New Year’s Court for her patronages at Amalienborg, while her husband and parents-in-law were at Christiansborg Palace. Whether this will become a tradition is hard to say, so it remains unclear whether HRH The Crown Princess will attend this year’s Grand Court.

Moreover, I obviously cannot state that the above will be the case. It will only be so if the Courts of 2007 will be “same procedure as last year” – maybe we will se some more breaches of tradition in 2007!

Lasse

Thanks for the link!
Alexandra and Mary look beautiful! Mary's new dress looks really nice! :)

Both Alex and Mary looks great:wub:

Margrethe - a new gown? She looks so regal.
Mary's gown remind me Margrethe's gowns style.
Alex - lady of the train.

Last edited:
mary look great!
why alexandra is there for new year and not for christmas?

corazon said:
mary look great!
why alexandra is there for new year and not for christmas?
She is not a member of the DRF - christmas was private family affair.
New Year's Reception - she come because she was invited like it was few times before on official events like this after her divorce.

CP Mary looks nice in her gala dress and she very pregnant

Maxie said:
Princess Mary is looking very beautiful, the colour of the dress suits her very well and the ruby parure looks gorgeous as ever!

Here are some more pics from PPE:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=01-01-2007%20Amalienborg

I have to say the one that made my jaw drop is none other than Queen Margrethe herself! She looks spectacular! The dress, the Hollywood star fur coat (sorry!) and the way she enters that room is exactly what you expect from a Queen. She might be up there in years but her glamour and femeniety have no match. My best holiday dress award vote is for the Queen. :flowers:

{removed off topic part of post- Lady Jennifer}

Alex looks perfect!
Mary look ok but the dress looks like it belongs on someone much older. And am I the only one who thinks Mary looks a little funny in that tiara? Maybe its b/c she wore her hair down.

Last edited by a moderator:
magnik said:
She is not a member of the DRF - christmas was private family affair.
New Year's Reception - she come because she was invited like it was few times before on official events like this after her divorce.
I think that Alexandra will also be entitled to attend this event in her own right since she has the Order of the Elephant, the highest Danish order.
Binz said:
The New Year's Reception has nothing to do with holidays!!!
I agree with you Binz; it's wrong to put this thread in the holiday section. This gala is a recurring event, has been for years and years, just like the 'courts' that will take place in the coming week and the event belongs in the current thread for the Danish royal family.

Wonderful gowns, jewels and handsome uniforms. What else can you expect from the Danes? They know how to dress for gala events.

I think Mary looked beautiful. I would not change a thing!

I completely agree the dress the jewels the smile. I it is all just superb. Thanks for the photos and Happy New Year to all.

Toledo said:
I have to say the one that made my jaw drop is none other than Queen Margrethe herself! She looks spectacular!
I agree 100%! :wub:
Toledo said:
The dress, the Hollywood star fur coat (sorry!) and the way she enters that room is exactly what you expect from a Queen.
WOW she really knows how to put it together, and to be honest, while her two daughters-in-law looked great, Queen Margrethe knocks both their socks off on this occassion. :whistling:
Toledo said:
She might be up there in years but her glamour and femeniety have no match. My best holiday dress award vote is for the Queen. :flowers:
Colour, style, elegance, panache, chic .... and any other superlatives you can think of, she's got it! The very definition of Regal. As for her age .... fine wine! :winkiss:

Very very beautiful Mary looks great! Her dress colour is beautiful and her belly is big now!!!

I think Mary has very beautiful hair and it looks nice when she wears it like this!
The Tiara doesn't look too big for her then, like it does when she puts her hair up...:rolleyes:

MARG said:
I agree 100%! :wub:
WOW she really knows how to put it together, and to be honest, while her two daughters-in-law looked great, Queen Margrethe knocks both their socks off on this occassion. :whistling:

Colour, style, elegance, panache, chic .... and any other superlatives you can think of, she's got it! The very definition of Regal. As for her age .... fine wine! :winkiss:

Well, although I agree that Margrethe usually is one of the most elegant and regal queens,
I must say that I found her two daughters-in-law more regal looking on this occasion.
Perhaps it's the fur or the shiny dress combined with the heavy jewellery
but she looked a bit too much "operetta queen" for me, or, as Toledo said, too much Hollywood.
A little bit over the top.

Mary looked every inch a fairytale-princess and quite spectacular IMO.
(Of course "red" is always a spectacular colour.)
I like that she manages to look regal and simple at the same time,
which is not easy when you are overloaded with jewellery and medals.:lol:
(I didn't like the Pompadour bag though, and the makeup looks very heavy in some pictures.)

Alexandra's dress is not as spectacular as the dress she wore last year
but I thought she looked very elegant and happy (though I didn't like her hairstyle).

Mary looked fabulous :flowers: , this is the ideal look for a princess! Soft femine hair, glimmering jewels and a elegant deep coloured gown!

I actually thought Mary's dress looked very nice on her. Not to mention the jewels. I just absolutely love the ruby parure.

As for the Queen- She looked better than I've seen her in a long time. Simply spectacular!

Alexandra looked pretty, but I've seen her look better.

Fred looked handsome as always, and his father and brother also looked very festive.

Thank you for the pictures!

Princess Mary was spectacular with this Dress: elegant, regal and with class!
She's perfect in her role.

Mary is very beautiful... Thanks for fotos... ans happy new year for you!

CASSARD said:
Mary is very beautiful... Thanks for fotos... ans happy new year for you!

I woud like to know if it was a French Empire cut the lovley CP Mary had on/in her fantastic red dress ?

Back
Top Bottom