Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Danish New Year Courts are always a wonderful start to the Royal New Year!

Daisy's new red outfit is gorgeous!! I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The new court dress was gifted to QMII by Haandværkerforeningen i Kjøbenhavn for her Golden Jubilee last year.

It is stunning indeed. The colour is magnificent on QMII. Although it does make me a bit sad that her and Mary won't match in their royal blue gowns anymore :D

I didn't know that the court of Denmark still wore a court dress.
I know that Sweden also has a court dress.

Crown Princess Mary in that repeat gorgeous plum gown with cape. Just stunning. Crown Prince Frederik handsome in his uniform. They both present such a beautiful and regal aesthetic.

Will Prince Christian participate in this event in 2024?

At what age did Prince Frederik start participating in this event?

Probably, with the university time break up for the holidays, and Frederik participated for the first time in 1987, he turned 18 on May 26, 1986

Who's that guy, which was at the door of Christian VII Palace on Sunday? He's wore the sash of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.

Greeting Princess Benedikte

With Margrethe

With Joachim

With Benedikte

With Frederik and Mary

At side of Daisy

Greeting Daisy

The New Year Courts are the highlight of my Royal watching for the New Year, I just love seeing the elegant gowns and the bling. Mary has always dressed appropriately and it's great to see Her Majesty in something new.
I can't wait to see what they will wear to the coronation later this year.

Unfortunately Prince Christian won't attend :sad::sad::sad:

HM The Queen holds a New Year's dinner and table for the government, the Speaker of the Parliament, representatives of official Denmark and the Court. Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg, at 8 p.m. The Crown Prince Couple, HRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie as well as HRH Princess Benedikte will be present.
Source: kongehuset.dk

Unfortunately Prince Christian won't attend :sad::sad::sad:

No surprises that Prince Christian is not attending, as he is still in school. I think it'll be 2025 before we see his first Danish New Year Court dinner

No surprises that Prince Christian is not attending, as he is still in school. I think it'll be 2025 before we see his first Danish New Year Court dinner

I wish he attended, 'cause the school is in break

Given that he didn't attend the gala dinner for the Spanish state visit, I don't think that's surprising. I suspect he won't start attending until he starts undertaking engagements.

Going off of the birthday documentary, it did sound like he would be present for the Opening of the Parliament going forward though. I like that way of slowly easing him into his role – starting off with the more constitutional duties and then taking it from there.

Guests are arriving
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...enhed-dronning-margrethe-og-danmarks-kommende

Benedikte has arrived. She looks beautiful (wearing her fringe tiara).

Marie (wearing the Dagmar Floral) in dark blue.

Mary looks beautiful, Frede looks nervous.

There's a guy coughing his lungs out. Poor thing. Lol

God bless you Queen Margrethe. She looks like what she is: THE QUEEN.
I wanted the emeralds though.

The Queen

Mary and Fred

:coffee:It may have dawned on some of you by now :coffee: ? that today is 1st January. And as such the Grand New Year Court is about to start.

In fact the first guests have already arrived and the DRF are expected to arrive in about half an hour after this is posted.

The DRF will show up in force. QMII, Benedikte, M&F and J&M.

Quite a few foreign journalists have shown up as well.

BT has a running coverage here: https://www.bt.dk/royale/live-dronningen-afholder-nytaarstaffel-foelg-den-historiske-begivenhed-her

And as always you can find more on DR1 = dr.dk, TV2 and Billed Bladet. Especially in regards to vids of the DRF arriving.

It will I think probably be the last QMII will curtsy to the politicians - as a mark of respect for the democracy. Next year it will be M&F who will lead in that honor.

Because I suspect QMII will withdraw completely from official duties - if for no other reason to provide room for M&F.

It's a mark of class to when to bow out gracefully.

Former minister of ceremonies Christian Eugen-Olsen just noted that the famed Rosenborg Wine served at the New Year's Banquet tonight tastes like... Rosenborg :cool:

:previous: ?
That's typical of him.

To be blunt, this wine originating from casks from the 1600s taste like foxp*ss. (A common DK expression for alcohol/wine/liqueur with a bad taste).

PH did try and soften the taste a little bit many years ago, by adding sugar and what not, but the wine still taste very much like... Rosenborg.

QMII looked stunning. But I note that she didn't turn in the door to wave to the crowd that had braved the heavy rain to see her.

Could be emotions because of the gravity of the night and not wanting to get emotional but to be honest, my first thought was that she looked like she was in pain. Sweet Daisy.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik look wonderful and regal. Mary looks like the Queen she's about to be. Frederik always handsome in a uniform!

What a lovely look between Frederik and Mary
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2024-01-01/_jsu1131.jpg

Everyone looks great!

Last edited:
The gentlemen with the red and white pennant on the shoulders are free masons, the volunteer serving at such events. Being free masons their discretion is supposed to be relied upon.

QMII looked stunning. But I note that she didn't turn in the door to wave to the crowd that had braved the heavy rain to see her.

Could be emotions because of the gravity of the night and not wanting to get emotional but to be honest my first thought was that she looked like she was in pain. Sweet Daisy.

I thought the same. :(
She has fulfilled her duty so beautifully, time for her to enjoy some time off.

The gentlemen with the red and white pennant on the shoulders are free masons, the volunteer serving at such events. Being free masons their discretion is supposed to be relied upon.

Can you post a photo? There are so many gentlemen around...

Could be emotions because of the gravity of the night and not wanting to get emotional but to be honest my first thought was that she looked like she was in pain. Sweet Daisy.

I thought it was because of the rain as also the other royals hurried in and did not pose in the door as they have done in other years.

Could be emotions because of the gravity of the night and not wanting to get emotional but to be honest, my first thought was that she looked like she was in pain. Sweet Daisy.

I noticed that too but thought she was too focused on getting through the palace door in one piece, without stumbling or blown away by the wind. She seemed something between frail and in pain.

I thought the same. :(
She has fulfilled her duty so beautifully, time for her to enjoy some time off.

Can you post a photo? There are so many gentlemen around...

Can't find a photo right now, but you can see it on the gentleman holding an umbrella for QMII.

There is always an ups.

A freemason stepped on Mary's dress.
https://cdn-free.tv2i.dk/e/d/i/edit...=format&fit=crop&rect64=MCw0MTEsNzg1Niw0NDE5&
Can't really blame him, he was probably focused on holding the umbrella.

I thought it was because of the rain as also the other royals hurried in and did not pose in the door as they have done in other years.

Mary, Frederik, Marie and Joachim all turned and waved.

Benedikte didn't turn and wave in the doorway but turned just outside – seemingly to answer a question from the press.

Back
Top Bottom