Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can somebody put together something that shows what outfits the 3 M's have worn at NYC over the years?

The PM had a wonderful choice of dress! Good for her.

Mary looks great. Freddie, as usual, was her best accessory or vice versa. Marie's dress was easier for me to figure out in the lighting, though and the dress was very pretty.

This is such a great tradition!

The PM had a wonderful choice of dress! Good for her.

Mary looks great. Freddie, as usual, was her best accessory or vice versa. Marie's dress was easier for me to figure out in the lighting, though and the dress was very pretty.

This is such a great tradition!

It is a very nice tradition and I'm glad they allow it to be seen.

I wonder why the prime minister used again the same dress? can she change please, she is so beautiful! please another dress!!!!! and How this ladies do with nothing warm over the dress I am sure it is very cold outside! I imagine inside the palace it is a lot of heating! but still how they do it?Marie nice dress and short sleeves! wow I couldn't do that!

always wonderful to look at these pictures

Its always a pleasure to watch the Danish New Years Court and what a way to usher in the New Year!

Three Hasse Ferrold pictures:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7YnbPRSSY...ION+1+01+2015+DRONNINGEN+&+KGL+FAMILIE+5a.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BZ-CavkUP...ION+1+01+2015+DRONNINGEN+&+KGL+FAMILIE+2a.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KMKTePXr3...ION+1+01+2015+DRONNINGEN+&+KGL+FAMILIE+9a.jpg

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...tml?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

"After the Danish government had arrived, came first Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. Next came Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary — probably the most popular person of the evening judging from the crowds — and lastly, Queen Margrethe and Prince Consort Henrik arrived in the finest of the royal cars. It’s a Rolls Royce Silver Wraith seven seater from 1958 and mostly used at big official events, such as the New Year banquet, or for official state visits to Denmark."

Article and pics from Royalista with more of the cars... and description of the women's dresses (and Frederik's handsomeness in his uniform :p)

GALLERY: A magnificent New Year banquet in Copenhagen | Royalista

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how Princess Elisabeth arrives?
Perhaps she drove to the port and took the lift up :)

I can't but feel a bit sorry for them that they never can just relax on the 1th January :D
Well, at least they´re not working at a church. A lot of danish churces has New Years Mass on the 1st January at 10 o´clock :whistling:

I wonder why the prime minister used again the same dress? can she change please, she is so beautiful! please another dress!!!!! and How this ladies do with nothing warm over the dress I am sure it is very cold outside! I imagine inside the palace it is a lot of heating! but still how they do it?Marie nice dress and short sleeves! wow I couldn't do that!

Perhaps because this is in all likelihood her last New Year Court as Prime Minister, let alone leader of her party. (Even though the leader of the opposition does his very best to help her being reelected this year)!
So no need to invest in an expensive gala dress... :p

A video from BB og the DRF arriving: VIDEO: Margrethe og Mary sørgede for fornem start på 2015 | Billed Bladet

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember having seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth at the New Year's Court for several years. If she attends she can't have used the main entrance for ages.

What about Princess Benedikte, does she ever attend the New Year's Court?

I can't remember having seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth at the New Year's Court for several years. If she attends she can't have used the main entrance for ages.

What about Princess Benedikte, does she ever attend the New Year's Court?

As for Princess Elisabeth this is only the second year that all guests arrive at the main entrace. Before that they arrived all through the side entrance where the car can drive in. As for Princess Benedikte i dont think she attenced in the last 15-20 years. Did she stop to attend after her marriage?

Muhler , I saw yesterday the video of their arrival.
Your Prince Henrik needs SERIOUS help for the few stair steps.
The Prince is really too fat and is suffering from his back too.
I really hope he will not fall in 2015...

:previous: You are absolutely right.

He is only a few steps away from a heart attack and only one wrong step away from a complicated fracture.

But then again, he has reached the age of 80 enjoying life and the culinary delights,:D so that's perhaps not such a bad choice?

Last edited:
I like your funny Answer .

He so often publicly said that it is terrible to be a Consort...

May he enjoy culinary delights until the end of his life...

I'm giving the crown to Princess Marie tonight in the royal ladies division for the fashion parade.

I always look forward to the New Year's Courts. I might go to Denmark around this time next year - I've always wanted to visit Copenhagen and I think it would be great to watch the royals go to the New Year's Courts at Amalienborg.

I found the menu for the banquet:

- Fish cream
- Baked beef tenderloin, glazed salsify and potato cake with bordelaise sauce
- Mushroom pie
- Paris brest with oranges
- Rosenborgvin
- Chateau de Cayx 1998
- Royal Prestige, Cahors
- Champagne
- Moet and Chandon Cuvee Speciale M/H

Source: http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/2015/01/menu-du-diner-de-gala-de-nouvel-an-a-amalienborg/

----
She's not royal, but one of my favourite gowns this year was Helle Thorning-Schmidt's. I absolutely adore that shade of blue. I also agree with roseroyal that it's a bit Frozen-esque, I have a little cousin who is obsessed with Queen Elsa (and just Frozen in general) and Helle's gown reminded me a little of Elsa's blue dress.

Can somebody put together something that shows what outfits the 3 M's have worn at NYC over the years?

This thread goes back to 2004, so you could look at the older pages, but otherwise, The Royal Watcher on Tumblr has created very informative lists of what Queen Margrethe, CP Mary and Princess Marie have worn to the New Year Courts. Queen Margrethe's list dates back to 1997 (you can click on the years to find out more information about each gown the three royals have worn) :flowers::

Queen Margrethe
CP Mary
Princess Marie

Last edited:
It was informative to learn that Queen Caroline Amalie's parure was gifted to the Danish Crown Jewels.
Also, only the Queen can wear it.
The Danish Royals have very fancy automobiles.

Last edited:
Fish cream? Yuck...
Thanks HP for all the dress pics! QM in the orange peach- oh my word...

Last edited:
Perhaps because this is in all likelihood her last New Year Court as Prime Minister, let alone leader of her party. (Even though the leader of the opposition does his very best to help her being reelected this year)!
So no need to invest in an expensive gala dress... :p

A video from BB og the DRF arriving: VIDEO: Margrethe og Mary sørgede for fornem start på 2015 | Billed Bladet

I must say
Helle Thorning-Schmidt's is so beautiful, she can have a tiara too and look like a Queen. I do not know if she is good or not in her job as Prime Minister but she is so beautiful , don't wonder why Obama was having a nice conversation with her..........!:ROFLMAO::whistling: Surprise the Queen didn't give her any decoration!!!!:sad:! I would love to see her with a new dress and a tiara! :flowers:
Regarding the video in the Danish website about how they put the table , I didn't understand everything, may be when you can could you tell us what it said?

Do we know why CPM is on the opposite side of the car from QM and Princess Marie?

:previous:
QM, as the Sovereign, sits in the right side of the car, as she has precedence over her husband. CPF has precedence over CPMary, that's why he sits on the right side as well.
About Joachim and Marie: Muhler, once explained that since Joachim is the consumate gentelman, he lets his wife sit on the right side.:flowers:

So, it's all a matter of precedence.

Reactions: RJC
QM, as the Sovereign, sits in the right side of the car, as she has precedence over her husband. CPF has precedence over CPMary, that's why he sits on the right side as well.
About Joachim and Marie: Muhler, once explained that since Joachim is the consumate gentelman, he lets his wife sit on the right side.:flowers:

So, it's all a matter of precedence.

Yes, that's the "explanation" Muhler likes to give....;):lol:

Does the order of precedence apply only to the Regent couple and CP couple in Denmark?

IIRC, it has been said several times that QM is a "stickler for protocol" (or do I remember that wrong?) but in this case she doesn't seem to care?

Back
Top Bottom