Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hair

Aie Aie aie, i spoke toooo fast

I hate her hair..... is the first time she has such an ugly hair, my Gooood:eek:

http://tinypic.com/jkwxg5.jpg
jkwxg5.jpg

Of course they are artificials but this is not the problem, .....
Is her tiara the same that she wore on her marriage eve, with the red gown??? If yes, even this stunning tiara now look toooo much, and with this enormeous head :(

Mary sorry, is the first time I do not like your choice...

paca said:
And before all she is the mother to Joachims sons. If he just remarried, she might choose not to attend for a while to avoid any awkwardness that might occur at first, but once things are settled down, why shouldn't she be there. They have sorted things out, she is still appreciated and valued by the Queen and she will alwas be part of the family due to her sons. I think they are handling this divorce much more dignified and natural then the Brits.

Paca..I totally agree with your statement. But in all fairness..I think the DRF took valuable lessons from the Brits and Diana.

Here you have an extremely popular princess who is the mother of two princes, you don't just demote her so to speak (although I do believe that Diana should have loss her HRH title...and before anyone gets in arms..I adore her. I am just being realistic). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH. Luckily, the reasons of the Alexandra/Joachim divorce have never been revealed (as well they shouldn't) whereas with Charles and Diana we knew everything and that not a good thing. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any bitterness between the two and the Queen acknowledges and respects Alexandra....as she should the mother of her two grandsons. I also think in fairness to Queen Elizabeth..she was treading on unchartered territory and didn't know how to handle the situation.

All the royal ladies looked exceptionally elegant and regal for the New Year Leeve.

The Scandanavian monarchs have always been a particularly forward thinking group and they've always made individual happiness just as important as their royal obligations ever since King Harald had to wait 9 years to marry the woman he loved and Carl Gustav had to become king to marry his true love.

I'm sure Margrethe has always just wanted her children to be happy and would have done the same thing no matter what was going on elsewhere. And we're very glad that she did because now there are two beautiful princesses in Denmark to watch and not just one. :)

ps I thought Mary wore the ruby tiara - that one is not that small is it? Its quite enchanting but its hard to see the rubies on it.

Zonk1189 said:
Paca..I totally agree with your statement. But in all fairness..I think the DRF took valuable lessons from the Brits and Diana.

Here you have an extremely popular princess who is the mother of two princes, you don't just demote her so to speak (although I do believe that Diana should have loss her HRH title...and before anyone gets in arms..I adore her. I am just being realistic). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH. Luckily, the reasons of the Alexandra/Joachim divorce have never been revealed (as well they shouldn't) whereas with Charles and Diana we knew everything and that not a good thing. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any bitterness between the two and the Queen acknowledges and respects Alexandra....as she should the mother of her two grandsons. I also think in fairness to Queen Elizabeth..she was treading on unchartered territory and didn't know how to handle the situation.
I do agree, they have taught other Royals a lesson of how not to do it, but still the second time around they didn't do a better job with Fergie. About Anne's and Margrethes divorces they didn't seem to have too many problems, considering that Megs ex used to take official pics of them. They just seem to have problems with the women, though Andrew and Fergie have become/stayed friends in spite of every thing. But still she doesn't seem to let bygones be bygones and get on with the mother of her granddaughters.

But admittedly the scandinavians have always been much more progressive, then other European countries (not only their Royals) and they were also the ones who changed their laws to equal rights for male and female heirs.

I know I'm the minority but I like both Princess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary dresses, not to thrilled with the Queen though I think she has worn it a few times in the past

). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH

Not trying to drag Diana into the conversation but I just felt it was important to point out since WW1 there have been no British royals with HH, they were either all demoted or raised to HRH. It was impossible for her to get that style.

Oppie...we must agree to disagree. Again not trying to turn it into a Diana discussion...but the Queen could have made an allowance for the HH. I mean, she is the Queen, and true its not like back in the day when she had a tons of power but allowances could and should have been made.

I think that Queen Margrethe said at one point that her role is and requires of her to preserve the monarchy which is a conservative role, but that she also had the duty to adapt the monarchy to its time where it needs to adapt. And this is a lesson that the Brits only learned after Dianas death, whereas the Danes and the other scandinavian royalty already practiced this with success.

So once again bravo for the Danish Royals for handling delicate situations with bravado giving a good example to their subjects.

paca said:
I think that Queen Margrethe said at one point that her role is and requires of her to preserve the monarchy which is a conservative role, but that she also had the duty to adapt the monarchy to its time where it needs to adapt. And this is a lesson that the Brits only learned after Dianas death, whereas the Danes and the other scandinavian royalty already practiced this with success.

So once again bravo for the Danish Royals for handling delicate situations with bravado giving a good example to their subjects.

I totally agree. Princess Alexandra is truly an asset to the family and the nation. If and when Prince Joachim remarries, it understandable that his wife could and should take a more active role but until then....I will continue to enjoy and appreciate HH Princess Alexandra :)

ysbel said:
The Scandanavian monarchs have always been a particularly forward thinking group and they've always made individual happiness just as important as their royal obligations ever since King Harald had to wait 9 years to marry the woman he loved and Carl Gustav had to become king to marry his true love.

I'm sure Margrethe has always just wanted her children to be happy and would have done the same thing no matter what was going on elsewhere. And we're very glad that she did because now there are two beautiful princesses in Denmark to watch and not just one. :)

ps I thought Mary wore the ruby tiara - that one is not that small is it? Its quite enchanting but its hard to see the rubies on it.

ysbel,

It is the Queen Desiree diamond & ruby parure ;) :) The base of the tiara was covered by HRH hair this time round which looked much better I thought...

"MII"

They all look so medieval and dramatic in those outfits.
Even with the smiles.:)

Last edited:
from polfoto.

2 more from polfoto

Attachments

• ch150797_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch150797_guest.jpg.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 825
  • ch150792_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch150792_guest.jpg.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 532
  • ch150799_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch150799_guest.jpg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 496
Last edited by a moderator:
New Year's Reception for Diplomatic Corps
January 4th, 2006
(photos from polfoto & BT)

Attachments

• ch150790_guest.jpg
    ch150790_guest.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 604
  • ch150791_guest.jpg
    ch150791_guest.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 504
  • ch150793_guest.jpg
    ch150793_guest.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 521
  • ch150800_guest.jpg
    ch150800_guest.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 317134_large.jpg
    317134_large.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
one more from the reception for diplomatic corps from polfoto

see the paintings hanging on the wall... a really unique painting of margarethe & henrik, or is it weird?

Attachments

• ch150798_guest.jpg
    ch150798_guest.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 451
purple_platinum said:

see the paintings hanging on the wall... a really unique painting of margarethe & henrik, or is it weird?

Very, very, very, weird.
It looks like tapestry more than a painting. If it sags a bit in the middle this might explain the distorted shapes.

purple_platinum said:

It is not a painting with paint,but a tapestry.
If my memory is rigth they receivede it as a present when they had their silver anniversary from the town council in Copenhagen.

H.M. Margrethe said:
It is not a painting with paint,but a tapestry.
If my memory is rigth they receivede it as a present when they had their silver anniversary from the town council in Copenhagen.

yes, HM Margarethe, sorry for the mistake.. i thought it was a painting, but now i realised it's a tapestry.

purple_platinum said:
yes, HM Margarethe, sorry for the mistake.. i thought it was a painting, but now i realised it's a tapestry.

I like this tapestry a lot. i wonder if margarethe designed it herself. it seems to be in the same style as other works of hers that i've seen.

pollyemma said:

:D :D if I'd take Mary as a fashion idol these days, I'd definetely would need to go through grannys old housedresses. Really, what happened. Bad day? I don't like the hair either. Did she change the hairddresser?

Mary, being a mum doesn't mean that you have to turn yourself into a matron. Please get back to your old self.

paca said:
:D :D if I'd take Mary as a fashion idol these days, I'd definetely would need to go through grannys old housedresses. Really, what happened. Bad day? I don't like the hair either. Did she change the hairddresser?

I agree! I haven't seen hideous hairdos like that since my high school prom.

its a pity because she has such beautiful hair.

Last edited:
Sorry. I think Princess Alexander hair looked terrible that day-so high like a bee nest. No offence.

what is mary wearing these days man! i thought i would see something that would "wow" us like in her previous outings.....omg.....she just wore 2 of the worst dresses....!!! 2 times in a roll~!!!

BB doesn't seem to know that the hairstyle isn't new. She's worn her hair in similar fashion before.

It's strange to me that everyone seems to dislike CP Mary's outfit as I think she looks very elegant from head to to toe.

The coat is lovely imo and the fit is alot better than the dress she wore on Jan 1st. Her hairstyle is also more youthful and the pearls are perfect. She nailed the look.

The Queen also looks nice, but she is just wearing too much fur. She contrary to Mary looked much nicer at the kur on the 1st compared to today.

Last edited by a moderator:
"another reception another housecoat."

LOL pollyemma, it is pretty horrific.

Just out of interest, I quite like the tapestry and was wondering if Queen Margrethe has a portrait commissioned every year like Queen Elizabeth.

bigheadshirmp said:
what is mary wearing these days man! i thought i would see something that would "wow" us like in her previous outings.....omg.....she just wore 2 of the worst dresses....!!! 2 times in a roll~!!!
You people don't seem to have any sence about what this occasion is. This event has nothing to do with being "wow" or being smart or fashionable. It is a formal reception for diplomats and ambasadors from different countries and cultures around the world to greet the Queen. The different diplomats show up in thier national dresses if they have any and the Royal family tries to show a little formality and regalness instead. Imagine showing too much skin or being too sexy when greeting an ambassadors from the middel east:) This is not a show for you.

fromEU said:
You people don't seem to have any sence about what this occasion is. This event has nothing to do with being "wow" or being smart or fashionable. It is a formal reception for diplomats and ambasadors from different countries and cultures around the world to greet the Queen. The different diplomats show up in thier national dresses if they have any and the Royal family tries to show a little formality and regalness instead. Imagine showing too much skin or being too sexy when greeting an ambassadors from the middel east:) This is not a show for you.

this has nothing to do with a show. it has to do with Mary's looking no better than a dowdy housewife!

Well said fromEU!

Mary's job first and foremost is to act as a representative of one of the oldest royal families in the world, not to be a fashion icon. This dress wasn't worn to make a statement...it was worn because it was appropriate for the formality of the evening.

Granted, I highly doubt any of us would ever choose this dress for ourselves but then again, none of us will probably ever have a chance to attend such an event.

I don't know about any of you, but I've never seen a "doudy housewife" that looks like she does.

Back
Top Bottom