Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dress was an Empire waist cut dress with small bell shaped sleeves at the wrist.

The deep red velvet dress, with its small flowing train, looked nice on the Crown Princess. Nonetheless, the gown was overshadowed with the late Queen Ingrid's ruby parure set, the Order of the Elephant, and other royal orders. It was a bit much for my taste.

GlitteringTiaras said:
The dress was an Empire waist cut dress with small bell shaped sleeves at the wrist.

The deep red velvet dress, with its small flowing train, looked nice on the Crown Princess. Nonetheless, the gown was overshadowed with the late Queen Ingrid's ruby parure set, the Order of the Elephant, and other royal orders. It was a bit much for my taste.

Okay thanks for your fast answer...I was not shure about the dress if it had the Empire cut or not.
I think that the dark red coulor is beautiful for CP Mary..vonder how she woude look like if she had a yellow galladress on just like the one Princess Alexandra had when she and Prince Joachim attend the galla for Queen Margrethe 25. anniversary ?

As I have said so often; the royal family makes me proud being a dane!

But I think Mary's ruby parure is too grand to be worn with the hair down...

The dress of Alexandra is stunning but not very winterlike...

Though the dress of the Queen is old it is perfect for this formal gala dinner...

H.M. Margrethe said:
vonder how she woude look like if she had a yellow galladress on just like the one Princess Alexandra had when she and Prince Joachim attend the galla for Queen Margrethe 25. anniversary ?

I remember that gown.

The Canary yellow satin ball gown was to die for. It is a perfect color for HH Princess Alexandra, but I don't believe a bright color would suit the Crown Princess. The coloring of that gown may not compliment her skin tone.

Her Majesty's gown, though old, is a favorite of mine. The deep forest green looks great on her.

January 9, 2007 the Crown Princess will hold her own New Year's reception for her patronages. Perhaps she'll wear something even better than the gown worn on January 1, 2007.

Everyone looked great. Mary looked beautifully pregnant. Alexandra Looked nice as well. The best however was queen Margrethe, simply stunning.

GlitteringTiaras said:
I remember that gown.

The Canary yellow satin ball gown was to die for. It is a perfect color for HH Princess Alexandra, but I don't believe a bright color would suit the Crown Princess. The coloring of that gown may not compliment her skin tone.

Her Majesty's gown, though old, is a favorite of mine. The deep forest green looks great on her.

January 9, 2007 the Crown Princess will hold her own New Year's reception for her patronages. Perhaps she'll wear something even better than the gown worn on January 1, 2007.

Did you see her gown today ??
It was so beautiful but i am sorry that i can´t find any pic of it :sad:

Mary looks simply stunning! The purple dress is beautiful and I love her hairdo! Simply perfect! :flowers:

3 more pictures from PPE

Close-up of Mary
Mary
Royal Family

All Pictures from PPE: here.

Last edited by a moderator:
RachelD said:
Here's a little update on this cute couple. Danish Royal Watchers has some info on the New Years festivities:

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/

Great pictures !! must say both the Royal couple's at The New Year court and banquet at Christian V11 palace . looked like they they were in fancy dress !! the out fits looked really over the top for some reason.

Mary looks beautifull!!!She´s radiant, really gorgeous pregnant!!!

Mary looks stunning!! I like the blue/purple dress than the red one. It makes her look very good.

Her_Majesty said:

Mary looks stunning in this!!! The color is so flattering on her- I hope she wears it again. And so is that extra sparkle in her eyes!!!

yes i think stunning just about covers it. simply gorgeous. she looks so good in the deep gem tones colors and the rich, fabulous materials (red velvet, blue silk) these are timeless and can be worn forever because they are classic and will never be "out of style" or can be remade (remember how diana would remove sleeves, or change the neckline or shorten the hem) and have a beautiful new outfit). i love her hair, i can't wait till mine grows out again and i can wear it long. just got it cut today, its to my ears!!!! yea
the queen is every inch a queen in the green yesterday and today the shapphire blue, such a beautiful lady. i just love her.
i know to some its very over the top but when they dress up for court (like these events) its more than expected. it would be the howl heard around the world if they showed up looking "normal" why the board would prolly shut down from all the traffic with the complaints about it :)
quick question, how many "court occasions" happen a year? 3 or 4?
i don't think you can flaunt it enough if you know what i mean. gosh i'd love to to have the chance to wear those emeralds.

mary look radiant and happy!

only one word to describe Mary : Beautiful in her blue dress

i personally liked the purple dress more than the red velvet dress. she really looks good in dark color dresses.

I loved both the red velvet and the blue and purple, however, I think her hair was a disaster.

In the red gown her dark hair just faded into the background and made the Ruby Tiara look like an overlarge headband.

The blue and purple ensemble had wonderful rich tones which compliment her colouring, but the hair looked like it had been pulled back in an askew ponytail!

Mary has wonderful carriage and a very graceful neck. Both hairstyles made her look (in some photos) like she had no neck.

Both occassions called for an updo, and the Ruby Parure demands it! :ermm:

Mary looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

A very beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary from Billedbladet. She looks perfect!
thumbsup.gif
:wub:

Link : http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=4728

Danish Royal Watchers have photos without watermarks from the New Year's Receptions on below link :

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
great pictures! Mary is regal and stunning as usual. She looks very happy.

Mary looks gorgeous in the velvet burgundy dress. The ruby pasture goes perfectly with the dress and Mary looks so elegant in it. However, she looks more pregnant in the satin blue/lavender dress than in the velvet burgundy dress.

Her Majesty the Queen looks stunning in the emerald dress. I love the Queen emerald.

how many of the new year reception galas has mary taken part of?

kimlan said:
Her Majesty the Queen looks stunning in the emerald dress. I love the Queen emerald.
Queen Margrethe looks magnificent in her emerald dress and Emerald Parure sans Tiara? Which Tiara was she wearing, I couldn't quite make it out in the photographs?

MARG said:
Queen Margrethe looks magnificent in her emerald dress and Emerald Parure sans Tiara? Which Tiara was she wearing, I couldn't quite make it out in the photographs?

Queen Margrethe is wearing the Emerald Parure including the tiara. She looks magnificent in green, doesn't she?

Here you have an overview of how the Danish Royal Family entered 2007!

According to these articles in Billed Bladet and Se & Hør, The Reigning Couple celebrated New Year’s Eve at a themed party hosted by their close friend, Mr. Bent Fabricius-Bjerre, a well-known Danish composer and musician. The theme of the party was the Danish TV series “Matador”, and according to Se & Hør, HM The Queen was dressed as Misse Møhge, an elderly spinster taking care of her bossy mother, Mrs. Fernando Møhge, who is in a wheelchair. And of course, HRH The Prince Consort dressed as Mrs. Fernando Møhge, seated himself in a wheelchair and ordered his wife around! Sadly, the couple arrived out of coustume and changed inside! I, for one, would have liked to see The Queen pushing The Prince Consort around while he constantly shouts orders at his wife. A sight for sore eyes, I imagine:lol:

Regarding the New Year’s Eve of TRH The Crown Prince Couple, I have not been able to find any information on what they did this year. But if they go by “same procedure as last year”, the couple have celebrated the New Year in Northern Jutland with some private friends.

Finally, according to this article from Billed Bladet (in Danish), HRH Prince Joachim celebrated the coming of the new year at Amalienborg with both his girlfriend Ms. Marie Cavallier, his ex-wife HH Princess Alexandra and the Princess’ girlfriend, Mr. Martin Jørgensen, along with his and the Princess’ children, TH Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. The celebrations started in the afternoon and lasted until late in the night.

/Lasse Pedersen

soCal girl said:
Queen Margrethe is wearing the Emerald Parure including the tiara. She looks magnificent in green, doesn't she?
Thanks soCal girl. I just wasn't sure.
I have to admit it is hard to really get a good look at the tiara when the queen is wearing it, which is a great pity. The photos of the parure itself show a magnificent tiara.
Does anyone have a good picture of Queen Margrethe wearing it (in more recent years)?

Josefine said:
how many of the new year reception galas has mary taken part of?
2 in 2006 and 2007. The New Years reception in 2005 where cancelled and took place much smaller because of the Tsunami where a lot of Danes where killed.

I read on CPMaryboard that Mary and Fred spended New Year with the Handwerk family in Copenhagen along with 20 other guests.

Back
Top Bottom