The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Can anyone tell me who the lady was in the white gown, it had a lace top and long lace sleeves? That was a very beautiful gown, very elegant and classy. I loved that CM reused a former gown, I happen to love velvet, in fact dark red velvet and she looked really beautiful tonight. I also like CMarie's gown, new and cute on her. QM, don't like the color on her, green is not her color at all.
Worst dress there, the gray gown with the green huge green bow down the front.......oh my goodness who would wear that?
She is the Primer Minester of Denamrk, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, very beautiful and intelligent Lady! she needs a tiara too fer her heair do!and she her dress to die for too!

Old 01-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Va va voom quite a PM for Denmark! No wonder our President and others were taken by her and her wonderful english accent (by Marriage) how interesting life is.
What a lovely gown she wore, reminds me of Mary's gown from the Dutch abdication.
anyway...Mary needs a new dress for this, too many repeats

Old 01-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Picture gallery of the royals arriving from kongehuset.dk
Marie's outfit looks much nicer in the video than the pictures. Mary & the Queen looks nice as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

For those who are interested in fashion and the beautiful dresses, here's a link to the Danish Tv2.dk. One of Denmark's most famous fashion experts, Uffe Buchard comment on those three dresses, which he finds nicest from last night: Prime Minister Helle Thorning, CP Mary and Queen Margrethe, and a couple of other dresses as well.

Mode-ekspert: Her er den flotteste kjole | GO'
Translated: Google Oversæt
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Courtier

All the 3 royal ladies were beautiful, but i´m a little tired of seing crown princess Mary with this dress, i think it´s time for a change!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love these two pictures.
Wonderful smiles from Frederik and Mary
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-b.ak/..._8816267_n.jpg

and this one, something so regal about it
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...frederik-3.jpg

Handsome Frederik getting out of the car
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/am25.jpg

another pic of Frederik and Mary
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/am1.jpg
Old 01-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe some of our Danish experts can answer this for me, why did Joachim salute the soldiers inside when they were at attention and Fred didn't, Fred walked by them, spoke to them but didn't salute them? Also, I noticed while watching the video, Joachim stopped and spoke to more people then Fred and Mary, he seemed warmer then I anticipated because normally he seems more standoffish.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Maybe some of our Danish experts can answer this for me, why did Joachim salute the soldiers inside when they were at attention and Fred didn't, Fred walked by them, spoke to them but didn't salute them? Also, I noticed while watching the video, Joachim stopped and spoke to more people then Fred and Mary, he seemed warmer then I anticipated because normally he seems more standoffish.
Well, correct procedure IIRC, and mind you I wasn't an officer in the army myself.
Is that you salute the officer in command of the guard first and continue to do so, until he has given his report. Because until you take over, the guard on duty can give you a command, which you are obliged to obey, no matter your rank. (I.e. a private on guard can give an order to a full general).
After which the senior officer (here a royal) walk down the line of guardsmen and recieve their salute by looking each one of them in the eyes.
Having done that you give a "very well/carry onl" or something like that to the commanding guards officer by saluting him.
ADDED: There wasn't a colourbearer, so I deleted that part to avoid confusion.

So as far as I could tell Joachim did the whole thing by the letter. While Frederik opted for a more relaxed approach (he is after all a navy man) and saluted with his eyes. I.e. by looking the commanding officer in the eyes at the end.

Did this make any sense?

- As to why Joachim greeted and spoke to more people than Frederik I can't say. Three of them were adjutants, so I can imagine that at least one was attached Joachim and our Marie when M&F arrived.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
video of the arrivals.
Dronningens nytårskur - 01. jan. 2014 | DR1 | DR
its funny seeing Joachim moving around Marie so much, one side and then around, and then to the other side again.

This picture, I like it, very regal both Mary and handsome Frederik
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PWSBcg9V1s...070697-001.JPG

Another member pointed this out in the fashion thread, but is Marie not wearing the Family Order? ( the portrait of the Queen? sorry if thats not what its called)

are they not suppose to? i see Mary wearing it
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/70/7/x2...malienborg.jpg
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/70/7/x2...6-maryass3.jpg

the queen uses the one with her father
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=8t1GSWg0
It seems that Marie forgot hers this year. She did wear it last year: http://joachimetmarie.j.o.pic.center...lants-2013.jpg
Old 01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Majesty

The royal ladies don't always wear their Royal Family Orders. It's like you are free to choose to wear it or not when it's required to be worn.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more galleries:

** hola gallery **

** dpp: Danish royals new year reception 2014 **

** parismatch: Marie & Mary, princesses majestueuses pour nouvel an royal **

** pp: Mary et Marie de Danemark : Glamour au côté de la reine Margrethe, éblouissante **
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Did Princess Benedikte or her cousin Princess Elisabeth attend? (Apologies if this was already asked).
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did Princess Benedikte or her cousin Princess Elisabeth attend? (Apologies if this was already asked).
Princess Elisabeth dit not attend probably because of Health Issues as she has said in an Interview. Princess Benedikte never attends at last i can not remember, perhaps she used to attend earlier.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Princess Elisabeth dit not attend probably because of Health Issues as she has said in an Interview. Princess Benedikte never attends at last i can not remember, perhaps she used to attend earlier.
Many thanks Stefan,its quite rare that we get to see Princess Elisabeth,though I think she hasn't attended the last few New Years Courts due to ill health .(Pity)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The menu for the annual New Year Court:

- Pheasant Consommé
- Ballotine shellfish, lobster bisque and salad dressing
- Roast venison, green beans and potatoes
- Chocolate cake and custard
- A selection of wines (including Castle Cayx 1989 and Rogomme Cayx 2012)

Source: Menu du dîner de gala de Nouvel An 2014 ā Amalienborg | Noblesse & Royautés
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The royal ladies don't always wear their Royal Family Orders. It's like you are free to choose to wear it or not when it's required to be worn.
I didnt know they got to pick and choose. Mary and the Queen were wearing theirs
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Happy New Year, All, and especially Muhler. :) Each year, I look forward to seeing what beautiful clothes will be there and what will Queen Margrethe wear. I remember her wearing this green dress to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. She had to move her dress in order to make room for the King to sit down and at one point during the ceremony the dress was over his lap. Which made me laugh. She has so much savoir faire/panache/style? I admire her so much and I think this dress looks great on her. I believe I remember reading that she styled it herself? Does it anyone else remember that?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

I thought there was an event right after this one during the day. It seems the Queen and PC and then Fred and Mary attend.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
I didnt know they got to pick and choose. Mary and the Queen were wearing theirs
I didn't know they could pick and choose either but after I've seen old pictures of the British royal ladies over the years, they've too decided when or not to wear their Royal Family Orders on occasions where it would usually be required for them to wear it. Some decide to wear it and some decide not to.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Elisabeth certainly did not attend as her sister-in-law Countess Anne-Dorte passed away.

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals