The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,211
All the ladies look lovely! I agree about the Queen's teeth. There is really no excuse. Also, like the Princess Royal, I believe she has beautiful hair..I just wish she would wear it differently. It looks so harsh.

Princess Alexandra...I adore her! She looks great as always...in regards to the recycling of the dress..yes..it would be great if she wore another dress.. but then she would have been accused of being flamboyant. It must be hard to be in the public eye...you can never please anyone.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Harmony's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tropical city somewhere near, Singapore
Posts: 148
Thanks for all the lovely pictures. QMII looked very very majestic, CP Frederik and CPs Mary looked great! What a lovely couple! Both so happy- parenthood does suit them.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Paula**'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 661
Princess Alexandra was there, but isn't she divorced with the Queen's son?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
Princess Alexandra was there, but isn't she divorced with the Queen's son?
Indeed, Alex and Joachim are divorced now, but she keeps being invited to the official acts or dinners offered by the Royal House, as you see she wears her tiara and Order, but this is the first time she takes part as a guest and no like a member of the Royal Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark, countess of Frederiksborg is no longer an immediate member of the royal famiy but is an extended member so to speak. the fact that the Princess is still acknowledged on Kongehuset (the official Danish Monarchy website) affirms this.

She holds the same rank now as Her Highness Princess Elizabeth of Denmark (1st cousin of Her Majesty the Queen).

As Alexandra was made a Grand Dame of the Order of the Elephant, she is still 'expected' and 'required' to attend ceremony's, galas & state visits that necessitate such pageantry. Of course, this isn't to say that she can't not go if she wishes, but obviously still feels it her duty & obligation to her position, country and "family".

She is afterall, still a representative of the royal family & the Kingdom of Denmark.


"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
And before all she is the mother to Joachims sons. If he just remarried, she might choose not to attend for a while to avoid any awkwardness that might occur at first, but once things are settled down, why shouldn't she be there. They have sorted things out, she is still appreciated and valued by the Queen and she will alwas be part of the family due to her sons. I think they are handling this divorce much more dignified and natural then the Brits.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 8
Thank you for sharing the pictures. I think CP Mary looks lovely as always. I think the blue dress is beautiful and the tiara is gorgeous on her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,193
the dresses at new year leave seems to be more covered up
1: its a winter events
2 how the order are worn in a chain it would not be good with a low neckline and starpless gown


but thats my opinion
alexdra has worn a few great dresses at this events i would love to see a few of them posted here
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:16 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
I don't know why everyone thinks Mary looks old. I think she looks absoutely gorgeous and I think her dress fits just fine and is extremely appropriate for the event.
FUUUUUUULLY AGREEEEE


Mary is extremely classy and always well dressed and appropriate on any occasion, and THIS occasion is a very formal occasion, she does not look old she looks her age, but being A LADY.

I never understood why people wanted royal to look like the every day vegetable seller !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
All the ladies look lovely! I agree about the Queen's teeth. There is really no excuse. Also, like the Princess Royal, I believe she has beautiful hair..I just wish she would wear it differently. It looks so harsh.
.

Well well well said
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:22 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
I think the comments here are being made because the style of dress is not one usually worn by the Crown Princess, she usually goes for more low cut short sleeve etc. BTW none of the photos are clear, I would love to see a good picture!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,231
Hair

Aie Aie aie, i spoke toooo fast

I hate her hair..... is the first time she has such an ugly hair, my Gooood

http://tinypic.com/jkwxg5.jpg


Of course they are artificials but this is not the problem, .....
Is her tiara the same that she wore on her marriage eve, with the red gown??? If yes, even this stunning tiara now look toooo much, and with this enormeous head :(

Mary sorry, is the first time I do not like your choice...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
And before all she is the mother to Joachims sons. If he just remarried, she might choose not to attend for a while to avoid any awkwardness that might occur at first, but once things are settled down, why shouldn't she be there. They have sorted things out, she is still appreciated and valued by the Queen and she will alwas be part of the family due to her sons. I think they are handling this divorce much more dignified and natural then the Brits.
Paca..I totally agree with your statement. But in all fairness..I think the DRF took valuable lessons from the Brits and Diana.

Here you have an extremely popular princess who is the mother of two princes, you don't just demote her so to speak (although I do believe that Diana should have loss her HRH title...and before anyone gets in arms..I adore her. I am just being realistic). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH. Luckily, the reasons of the Alexandra/Joachim divorce have never been revealed (as well they shouldn't) whereas with Charles and Diana we knew everything and that not a good thing. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any bitterness between the two and the Queen acknowledges and respects Alexandra....as she should the mother of her two grandsons. I also think in fairness to Queen Elizabeth..she was treading on unchartered territory and didn't know how to handle the situation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: , Philippines
Posts: 751
All the royal ladies looked exceptionally elegant and regal for the New Year Leeve.
__________________
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
The Scandanavian monarchs have always been a particularly forward thinking group and they've always made individual happiness just as important as their royal obligations ever since King Harald had to wait 9 years to marry the woman he loved and Carl Gustav had to become king to marry his true love.

I'm sure Margrethe has always just wanted her children to be happy and would have done the same thing no matter what was going on elsewhere. And we're very glad that she did because now there are two beautiful princesses in Denmark to watch and not just one. :)

ps I thought Mary wore the ruby tiara - that one is not that small is it? Its quite enchanting but its hard to see the rubies on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Paca..I totally agree with your statement. But in all fairness..I think the DRF took valuable lessons from the Brits and Diana.

Here you have an extremely popular princess who is the mother of two princes, you don't just demote her so to speak (although I do believe that Diana should have loss her HRH title...and before anyone gets in arms..I adore her. I am just being realistic). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH. Luckily, the reasons of the Alexandra/Joachim divorce have never been revealed (as well they shouldn't) whereas with Charles and Diana we knew everything and that not a good thing. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any bitterness between the two and the Queen acknowledges and respects Alexandra....as she should the mother of her two grandsons. I also think in fairness to Queen Elizabeth..she was treading on unchartered territory and didn't know how to handle the situation.
I do agree, they have taught other Royals a lesson of how not to do it, but still the second time around they didn't do a better job with Fergie. About Anne's and Margrethes divorces they didn't seem to have too many problems, considering that Megs ex used to take official pics of them. They just seem to have problems with the women, though Andrew and Fergie have become/stayed friends in spite of every thing. But still she doesn't seem to let bygones be bygones and get on with the mother of her granddaughters.

But admittedly the scandinavians have always been much more progressive, then other European countries (not only their Royals) and they were also the ones who changed their laws to equal rights for male and female heirs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Oppie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 537
I know I'm the minority but I like both Princess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary dresses, not to thrilled with the Queen though I think she has worn it a few times in the past

Quote:
). Like Alexandra she should have been made an HH
Not trying to drag Diana into the conversation but I just felt it was important to point out since WW1 there have been no British royals with HH, they were either all demoted or raised to HRH. It was impossible for her to get that style.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,211
Oppie...we must agree to disagree. Again not trying to turn it into a Diana discussion...but the Queen could have made an allowance for the HH. I mean, she is the Queen, and true its not like back in the day when she had a tons of power but allowances could and should have been made.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
I think that Queen Margrethe said at one point that her role is and requires of her to preserve the monarchy which is a conservative role, but that she also had the duty to adapt the monarchy to its time where it needs to adapt. And this is a lesson that the Brits only learned after Dianas death, whereas the Danes and the other scandinavian royalty already practiced this with success.

So once again bravo for the Danish Royals for handling delicate situations with bravado giving a good example to their subjects.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I think that Queen Margrethe said at one point that her role is and requires of her to preserve the monarchy which is a conservative role, but that she also had the duty to adapt the monarchy to its time where it needs to adapt. And this is a lesson that the Brits only learned after Dianas death, whereas the Danes and the other scandinavian royalty already practiced this with success.

So once again bravo for the Danish Royals for handling delicate situations with bravado giving a good example to their subjects.
I totally agree. Princess Alexandra is truly an asset to the family and the nation. If and when Prince Joachim remarries, it understandable that his wife could and should take a more active role but until then....I will continue to enjoy and appreciate HH Princess Alexandra :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
The Scandanavian monarchs have always been a particularly forward thinking group and they've always made individual happiness just as important as their royal obligations ever since King Harald had to wait 9 years to marry the woman he loved and Carl Gustav had to become king to marry his true love.

I'm sure Margrethe has always just wanted her children to be happy and would have done the same thing no matter what was going on elsewhere. And we're very glad that she did because now there are two beautiful princesses in Denmark to watch and not just one. :)

ps I thought Mary wore the ruby tiara - that one is not that small is it? Its quite enchanting but its hard to see the rubies on it.
ysbel,

It is the Queen Desiree diamond & ruby parure :) The base of the tiara was covered by HRH hair this time round which looked much better I thought...

"MII"
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities Josefine Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 192 08-18-2014 04:53 AM
Danish TV series "The Monarchy Inside" by DR Paty The Electronic Domain 179 05-08-2011 01:03 PM
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006 Julia Current Events Archive 564 11-23-2006 01:46 PM
Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 463 05-08-2004 11:52 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]