The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome

I'm sure FasterB will agree with you. She has a tendecy to swoon at the sight of a Guards Hussar.
Certainly I do I have a weak point for the GHs

Old 01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

well the uniform is dashing. especially with blue-eyed soldier... and now that i think of it, i remember a certain blue eyed prince cutting quite a swwoning figure donning the hussard uniform

Old 01-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I dare not start to list them though, lest FasterB & Sternchen will start bullying me again.
Well, now you can perhaps part in free from mobbying
Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

810 hands that sounds too much! i gues they havad to use a lot of hand sanitizing!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
810 hands that sounds too much! i gues they havad to use a lot of hand sanitizing!
You have got a point. CP Frederik has to be carefull not to bring home a cold.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

BB managed to cover the first New Year Court before deadline this week.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Nytårskur uden Mary - New Year Court without Mary.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

As you probably noticed, Mary was not present at the New Year Courts this year. So Frederik had to go alone, wearing his navy gala uniform, his orders and the Order of the Elephant worn on a chain, the only time of year, this order in worn on a chain.
Unsurprisingly he nevertheless got a good deal of attention. He was in great mood and despite Mary not being there, he had to pose: "Do you want such a alone-picture of me"?

Prior to Frederik, Joachim arrived, in his infantry gala uniform, with la Marie by his side.
The fair Marie was wearing her wedding tiara and dressed in a gown by Rikke Gudnitz.

The Regent Couple was there too, you know. QMII wearing a gown of ziberline-silk, whatever that is, created by Birgitte Thaulow.
The less said about Prince Henrik and him advertizing for the ladies, the better....
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Courtier

I was disappointed that Marie wasn't wearing more impressive jewellry at the New Year Gala. I wish the Queen would give her a decent necklace as well as the family order which I thought she would have had by now.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Why should the Queen give her a necklace? Last time I checked, Marie had a husband
Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I was disappointed that Marie wasn't wearing more impressive jewellry at the New Year Gala. I wish the Queen would give her a decent necklace as well as the family order which I thought she would have had by now.
Which order are you referring to here? The order of the Elephant? Pss Marie does have that one, you know
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

I thought the portrait of Margrethe is the family order?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Which order are you referring to here? The order of the Elephant? Pss Marie does have that one, you know
I think she means the monarchs portrait.I also find it strange that Princess Marie doen't have it yet. Princess Alexandra got hers for the Queens Silver Jubilee in January 1997 and Crown Princess Mary got hers also very early after the marriage (i believe about 1 year later).

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Ahh, thank you, Sternchen and Stefan, I had forgot about that one :)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

From the danish BB "Billedbladet" article (paperedition) about the New Year "kur":

"Will you have such a sole picture of me? asked Crown Prince Frederik, whereupon he smiled on the red carpet in front of the enlightened Christian VII's Palace at Amalienborg, where the royal couple has New Year Levee and banquet for the government, court and official Denmark. The Crown Prince was in top form after a nice New Year's Eve with his little family, and although he obviously wanted to have Mary at his side, he was still more comfortable with her staying home and taking care of her pregnant belly, because now the twins are expected to the world every moment.
The first celebration in the royal family is something that all the invited look forward to, and as usual there were beautiful deck to the royal table in the Great Hall, where about 60 guests ..... took place after having wished the royal couple, Crown Prince, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie Happy New Year. Fred got a speciel warm handshake to Princess Mary and a desire for "everything good " for the impending birth. The menu was ..."
Old 01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Majesty

has the queen missed ány new year galas since she became queen?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I mentioned the Queen giving her a necklace as I presume that she decides who gets what heirlooms to wear.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think I have ever seen a borrowed necklace on either Mary or Alexandra, so I think it is highly unlikely that she will do it different with Marie
Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Frederik has a pretty close association to the navy. Partly through his grandfather Frederik IX, whom he resemble so much. Frederik IX was known as the Sailor King, and with good reason.
Also, Frederik served in the navy onboard a patrol frigate in the North Atlantic.
He also served in the Frogman Corps, which belongs to the navy.
On top of that he is pretty fond of the sea and sailing.

And as you point out, the navy uniform is the smartest looking. - It can certainly make some of you drool heavily.
I have a friend here in the US who was born and raised in Denmark (his family still live there) and he served with Frederick in the military. He told me that Frederick also came to the US to train with the Navy Seals. A daunting task to be sure. He made it clear that every medal Frederick wears, he earned by the sweat of his brow. He insisted on doing the same work that any regular soldier had to accomplish for those medals. So for anyone that might think that they are purely decoration or were given to him because of who he is, he got them the hard way.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki63 View Post
I have a friend here in the US who was born and raised in Denmark (his family still live there) and he served with Frederick in the military. He told me that Frederick also came to the US to train with the Navy Seals. A daunting task to be sure. He made it clear that every medal Frederick wears, he earned by the sweat of his brow. He insisted on doing the same work that any regular soldier had to accomplish for those medals. So for anyone that might think that they are purely decoration or were given to him because of who he is, he got them the hard way.
That is 100 pct. true. The military education he obtained is the hardest you can get in Denmark.

On top of that CP Frederik has achieved an academic degree named cand scient pol.
His studies included a year at Harvard University. In 1995 Crown Prince Frederik obtained his MA degree in Political Science from University of Aarhus. He completed in the prescribed number of years with an exam result above average. His final paper was an analysis on the foreign policy of the Baltic States.

Frederik has also joined the expedition Sirius -a polar expedition.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's a gallery of pics from today from Berlingske.dk:

** De lange kjolers aften **
hello
there are beautiful pictures but the ceremony is it entire on TV
? if yes where can see it
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I noticed when I was watching the arrivals on tv, that Joachim was swinging his right arm 45 degrees in moore than one occasion.

A coincidence?

Sone one who is much hung on formalities will appriciate this I'm sure. :)
hello beneddikte
we have noticed when you watching the arrivals on tv
do you seen entire arrival ?
what chance!!!!i
Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIERRE LEVALLOIS View Post
hello beneddikte
we have noticed when you watching the arrivals on tv
do you seen entire arrival ?
what chance!!!!i
I'm sorry I don't understand what you have written.

Would you do me the favor of writing your comment in french, s'il vous plaît

Je suis désolé je ne comprends pas ce que vous avez écrit.

Souhaitez-vous me faire le plaisir d'écrire votre commentaire en français,

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals