The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That's what i always wondered. do they drive direct from theirn respecitive Amalienborg Palais to Christian VII. Palais or do they make a round around the block so to say so that the arrive all friom the same street/direction?
They go direct from their respective parts of Amalienborg. Yesterday we saw QMII and Prince Henrik drive out from their part passing the CPC´s part, then the part with the Amalienborg Museum and then arrive in front of the guestpart.

Sorry, I can´t remember all the names for the four different parts of Amalienborg, but I hope you get, what I mean

Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfc149 View Post
It's good to see Marie again. Her dress looks indeed similar to Mary's one from last year, only better
You took the words out from my mouth!
Princess Marie looks wonderful.
Simple, but wonderful!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

nice pics.
question for the experts: what or whom is fred bowing to in one of the pics?
by the way, i really like him smiling and in a uniform.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
They go direct from their respective parts of Amalienborg. Yesterday we saw QMII and Prince Henrik drive out from their part passing the CPC´s part, then the part with the Amalienborg Museum and then arrive in front of the guestpart.

Sorry, I can´t remember all the names for the four different parts of Amalienborg, but I hope you get, what I mean
Yes thank.But at last the queen and Prince then drive around the Place. They could also drive along the Colonnade which would be even shorter.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Another photogallery

From "MSN Starlounge"
De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg | Starlounge
Thank you, Marika

A few details I'd like to point out:

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 5 | Starlounge
Enjoy the way our Marie is looking at her Joachim. - As befits an adoring wife.

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 7 | Starlounge

Compare the pic above with this of the Regent Couple:
De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 22 | Starlounge

Notice how Joachim and la Marie are standing. Marie stay at Joachim's right side as is both proper and correct.
QMII and PH merely turned around on their heels when they posed.
I like it when things are done with style.

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 14 | Starlounge
It's nice to see Frederik genuinely delighted. And having served in the army myself, I must nevertheless admit that the navy uniform is by far the smartest looking of all the branches.
I think Frederik is looking at his feet, for whatever reason, as there is nothing in front of him but Amalienborg Square.

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 28 | Starlounge
The guard has turned out, complete with the regimental colour. The red tunic combined with the white cord, connecting the bandollier and bearskin caps is gala-1. The finest uniform.
Their rifles are the stripped down version of the current standard rifle (M95), with a short magazine, for aestetic reasons. They have live ammunition in their rifles.

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 30 | Starlounge
The honour guard in the collonnade, where the cars with the guests stop. The guardsmen here are wearing the dark greatcoat, which is worn in cold weather.

De kongelige til Nytårskur på Amalienborg - Billede 31 | Starlounge
Inside the sentry boxes is a red cloak, used in very poor weather and sometimes in rain.
When the guards are relieved, the serving NCO always check the sentry box, to see whether a girlfriend should be hiding behind the cloak. A little tradition of the regiment.
The sentry boxes always carry the monogram of the reigning monarch.
A sentry always has the (knife-)bayonet fixed.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Henrik left his zipper open...
How embarrassing!!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

I noticed when I was watching the arrivals on tv, that Joachim was swinging his right arm 45 degrees in moore than one occasion.

A coincidence?

Sone one who is much hung on formalities will appriciate this I'm sure. :)
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a distinction in English for the Danish words: Kur and Hof.
This is a New Year "kur", which means: to court someone, in this case the DRF. - That's where you are recieved by the DRF and greet them.
Now, the word "hof" can have two meanings, depending on how it's used. Usually you translate the word "hof" to court. I.e. the royal household, complete with LiW's and what not.
However, "holde hof" is also translated to court, but that meaning is very different. To "holde hof" is when the monarch precides over his/her court. I don't even believe that is done anymore. Not since Absolutism was abolished in 1848.
Do you get my meaning? - We are talking about very old expressions here.
There is the expression "to hold court" in English meaning jour fixes where the king surrounded himself with his courtiers and advisors while the queen sat with her ladies. On these occasions young people could be introduced to the king and queen by sponsors who already had the ear of the monarch and his spouse.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes thank.But at last the queen and Prince then drive around the Place. They could also drive along the Colonnade which would be even shorter.
Well, they could, but that would be against the way to drive. Even at Amalienborg Square one have to drive in the right side of the road as you do in Denmark
Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
How embarrassing!!
Oh well, he mooned at us last summer, so this is nothing.
I think it was more likely that the zipper opened on its own. That's after all preferable to the trousers "opening" elsewhere, right?

Without Prince Henrik the photographers wouldn't have as many great photos and we wouldn't be entertained as much.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the information Muhler. I know very little about the Danish court so I found your post very interesting.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
How embarrassing!!
http://www.hola.com/imagenes//realez...n-reyes--z.jpg

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_danesa/2011010250541/recepcion/nuevo/dinamarca/1/
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

The flyer is open.

Oh dear.

I have just been reading an interview book about the prince consort Henrik by Stephanie Surrugue.

It is a very good book.

Oddly enough it states that a french magazine pointed out at the engagement with QMII, that Henry Montpezat wasn't a nobleman, but it turned out to be a mistake.

But it is contradicting a previous book where he is telling that he is not a nobleman.

Some secondcousin 100 years ago forgot to deliver a paper and lost the right to be a nobleman. But if the paper had been delivered his family wouldn't have been member of the nobility anyway. It was another branch of the family.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

henri being noble, well, its at least a bit shady. he certainly wasnt "A class noble", rather "being made" noble because his family was somehow in the grey area noble - not noble.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

I feel pity with the prince consort Henrik.

In some way he is too concerned with titels.

Besides his grey area nobility, he also wanted to change his titel from prince to prince consort some years ago.

It is difficult for me to understand.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Mary was watching the event from TV?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Sorry, but Frederik looks abysmal
Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think it is going to help Fred to deny that he turns up to occasions looking drunk or even stoned. His eyes are red here - and if that's the result of too much drinking, rather than getting stoned - that doesn't make it OK. It's an abuse of a privileged position not to take it seriously enough to NOT overindulge ahead of an event like this. Remember, this is Frederik AT WORK. If you or I turned up at work looking like this, there would be hell to pay.

It should be not just noticed, but discussed. I think Mary has in many ways been a real saviour for Fred - but if he's still looking trashed at an event six years into his marriage and with two more kids on the way, there's something seriously wrong with his attitude. I say: grow up and face reality, Crown Prince Frederik!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Serene Highness

How do you know the reason for his look?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Aristocracy

i would'n infer anything about anybody's look depending just on pics, which fix eternally the expression a person had for just one second.
all the more so as judging somebody's appearence is often a matter of personal taste.
i, for one, have found him smiling a lot. my guess was he had spent a very good new year's night. he seemed to me happily tired, if you get what i mean. but i am very conscious it is only a guess and that i absolutely do not know how things went in reality.
as for mary being a saviour under many respect, i am inclned to believe it, bc both frederick and the queen have hinted at this.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think it is going to help Fred to deny that he turns up to occasions looking drunk or even stoned. His eyes are red here - and if that's the result of too much drinking, rather than getting stoned - that doesn't make it OK. It's an abuse of a privileged position not to take it seriously enough to NOT overindulge ahead of an event like this. Remember, this is Frederik AT WORK. If you or I turned up at work looking like this, there would be hell to pay.

It should be not just noticed, but discussed. I think Mary has in many ways been a real saviour for Fred - but if he's still looking trashed at an event six years into his marriage and with two more kids on the way, there's something seriously wrong with his attitude. I say: grow up and face reality, Crown Prince Frederik!
He could be having a cold or some other illness. The flu is rife in Denmark at the moment. Would you chastise him for putting in an effort too? He could have sneezed a couple of times (from a cold or otherwise) - my eyes waters when that happens. As someone pointed out, there's plenty of bright lights, which can make your eyes water. There are many reasons why a person can have red or sore eyes - smoking pot or heavy drinking aren't the only two.

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals