Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

What about this years celebrations?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Nobility

New Year's 2010

There's a video here: Nyhederne fra TV - TV 2 Nyhederne

I couldn't find a direct link but if you look at the top right of that webpage, you'll see a link called "Nytårskur og taffel på Amalienborg". There's a video of the royal couples arriving.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Henrik is not in his military uniform.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Courtier

That's sort of unusual, isn't it? I wonder why?

Wow, I really don't like Mary's dress. I'm rarely ever a fan of orange, and it's not a good color on her. I'm not sure about Marie's - it's hard to tell much about it because her little jacket covers so much of the top. The Queen's, however, I love. Great color, and I like the flowers at the bottom.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Henrik is not in his military uniform.
Maybe he can't fit into it?

Anyway...more pics from Flotte prinsesser og fjollede hatte | www.bt.dk

Photos from PPE Agency
Old 01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amalienborg
- how beautiful.

- waheyyyyyyy to frederik.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Courtier

More photos Dronningen bød på dyrekølle og dadelkage - Fyens Stiftstidende - Indland/Fyn

and http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cf...agenr=1&page=1
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Does Marie have the Queen's family order?
Old 01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Not as yet! Of course, CP Mary as the crown princess and future queen received it probably after she was married! While on an official visit to Australia in 2005, an official painting was done of CP Mary by Chinese-born Australian artist Jiawei Shen and you can see the ribbon of the family order on the painting...so I think that CP Mary received the family order in 2004, which would have been worn at the 2005 New Year's Courts if they had not been cancelled because of the Asian tsunami.

We know that Princess Marie did not receive the order last year as she didn't wear any. The former Princess Alexandra received hers 2 years after her marriage. If Queen Margrethe follows the same example, Princess Marie may receive hers this year in celebration of the Queen's 70th birthday...if she hasn't received it already.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Courtier

P Mary is such a classic "winter" type that she should stick to jeweled tones for her wardrobe. The orange doesn't do her justice. She is still the same beautiful woman, but this wrap around dress seems too convoluted and the wrong color.

P Marie in her flowy soft color looks good, but the dress has unusual openings and separations of fabric where one wouldn't expect them - like the back as well as the center front. Unusual, not particularly attractive.

Her braid down the back should have been enhanced with diamond clips of some sort, like Sissi, or looped into some sort of shape in back. Leaving it plain is not what one would expect for a formal hairdo with a tiara. It looks unfinished. Her face looks wonderful as ever.

The queen never fails to strike the right note. The detail of her dress is at the hem, and rightly so, as she has medals, jewery and decorations on the top. The color is beautiful on her. No wrap arounds or flimsy gauzy look for her. Instead, a regal look. Perfect.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Courtier

IS the family's order the golden bow with the cross I see in some of the guests?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just was wondering, all the decorations that the Queen has and Mary plus the jewelery plus the crown, must be haevy to walk with all this, i imagine they practice before!?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Aristocracy

I notice that Mary had to walk around the car to the red carpet while Marie didn't have to.
Is there protocol for different members of the DRF when appear at functions/receptions?

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10010110.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10010114.jpg
Old 01-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Courtier

I was wondering the same thing about walking around the car.

The queen doesn't, Marie hasn't, yet Mary does walk around the car.

I thought perhaps Marie didn't do so last year because she was expecting a child and direct access to the curb would be easier. Yet this year she didn't walk around the car either. Could it be that there is another baby coming and nobody has mentioned it yet?

The others with direct access to the curb are born royal.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A nice picture gallery here from fyens.dk
BT.dk gallery
Old 01-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
IS the family's order the golden bow with the cross I see in some of the guests?

You mean this golden bow?
I don't know what it is, it's not Qm silver jubliee medal because Mary doesn't have this.

Mary If i remember has always walked around the car, it seems appropriate for her to get out the right side but she doesn't.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Mary If i remember has always walked around the car, it seems appropriate for her to get out the right side but she doesn't.
The Regent Couple and the CP Couple stick to protocol (the higher ranking gets better treatment , the lower ranking has to walk around the car), Joachim&Marie don't. As for why they don't - perhaps they think they can take it easier with protocol since they are more private royals.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Nobility

The golden chain around the shoulders is the Order of the Elephant. Usually it is worn in a blue band on the left shoulder, but for very special occassionssuch as New Year it is worn in the the chain. The bow on her shoulder is a pendant with the current regents picture to be worn with the insignia of the Order of the Elephant. If you look closely you will see a miniature painting of HM margrethe II
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
The golden chain around the shoulders is the Order of the Elephant. Usually it is worn in a blue band on the left shoulder, but for very special occassionssuch as New Year it is worn in the the chain. The bow on her shoulder is a pendant with the current regents picture to be worn with the insignia of the Order of the Elephant. If you look closely you will see a miniature painting of HM margrethe II
Can you explain about the star as well? Mary has 1 star but Frederick has 2.
So Marie only has the Order of the Elephant? No bow and no star yet?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

the ladies look lovely. i really liked mary's orange dress. it's great to see marie and joachim there, because i don't think they are attending the other new year's receptions.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals