The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

the princess and the queen looks exactly as the same as 2006! they wear the same coats!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
the princess and the queen looks exactly as the same as 2006! they wear the same coats!
QMII has always reused her Cour dresses a lot - which makes sense since they are mostly used for this occasion. Bet that Mary's cour dresses will be reused many times as well - which I personally think is fine

Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency
Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Courtier

I'm disapointed with crown princess Mary. The same coat...
Old 01-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
It's Margrethe's diplomatic corps combo:

2006 (same outfit for Mary in 2009)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i_ho/nyrc4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Nyrrskur2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/ba8fbd0a.jpg
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Queen is wearing the same outfit every year!I wonder why?....

Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonieta View Post
I'm disapointed with crown princess Mary. The same coat...
don't like the coat either. it looks like a sophisticated bathrobe. the hairpiece is not elegant at all and adds to the boring housewifey look.

sorry but the fashion thread is closed. maybe the moderators can move when re-opened?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

I did not notice that the Queen used to wear the same coat every year!it's kind of a tradition!lol

I like what princess Mary wears and her hairpiece but i would have had happier with something new!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh....Mary....

The Queen looks quite good year in year out. I quite like the fact she re wears the same garb each year. It suits her.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Oh my God they look so boring/bored
And Mary, Mary...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
Oh, it just looks Sooooooooooooooooooo boring. :-D
In which case you should count youself very lucky indeed that you are not a member of the Danish Royal Family!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

What's wrong with Mary's coat? I quite like the fabric and the colour(s).

The cour dresses should not be evaluated in the same way as the royals' dresses at other events; they are not fashionable - and are not meant to be that. They are just specially made for this particular event - which then makes it quite natural that they should be used several times.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

I agree for these types of events there should be ongoing recycling of outfits. Those in uniform each year wear the same uniform and those in non-uniform shouldn't be concerned about wearing something new either. I'm glad to see the royal ladies being fiscally responsible too, especial in these times of economic uncertainty. I hate CP Mary's outfit, but I would have hated it more if she had a new outfit. I would love to see the hairband with a different outfit... I agree this doesn't help the frumpy housewife look the gown creates.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

it's such a shame joachim and marie do not participate in diplomatic corps receptions, i would have loved to see marie in a second gala gown! i was never too sure about mary's dress. i didn't really like it the first time she wore it, nor do i now. she had some many lovely gowns to recycle - why this one?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Courtier

I really didn’t like this outfit the first time Mary wore it but, while I’m still not overly fond of it, I like it a little better this time. There seems to be better photographs available this year, last time I thought it look like an animal print but I can clearly see the purple flower print this year. I think that they outfit she wore last year is my favourite, However it is good to see that she wore recycled dresses for both the New Year Courts
Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

Danish Royal Family new year reception fot the diplomatic corps www.myroyal.wordpress.com
Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I didn't like this coat on mary when she wore it for the first time... and I still don't like it.

And: What is she wearing in her hair?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

I like the coat, it looks warm and relatively comfortable, which I would assume have to be key factors in choosing it.

However...the headpiece. Oh my! It looks like she was doing housework and had to rush out the door to a formal event and forgot to take it off. Her hair is normally very elegant so it's a little odd to see this. Maybe she was trying to liven up an outfit she has already worn to give it a different look since this is not a tiara event.

I know that times are tight, but could The Queen find another dress in the closet to wear. The picture of her walking down the hall with the big fur coat was not very flattering at all! She looked like she had been attacked by a grizzly bear on her way in.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

What did your Prince Consort do to have all his decorations ?? Is General of the Army or is he admiral ??
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
QMII has always reused her Cour dresses a lot - which makes sense since they are mostly used for this occasion. Bet that Mary's cour dresses will be reused many times as well - which I personally think is fine
But altast Mary has a few different gowns which she now starts to recyle and not every year the same like the Queen who has worn the same gown for atlast 10 years to this Event.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals