The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I just loved Mary those jewels are some of my favourites. I hate to disagree but I think Mary is the star. The colours I love those on her. Marie looks pretty and I love her fur but the pale fur Mary is wearing is my favourite. Thanks for the posts so quickly.
I agree-Mary is the star. Her tiara doesn't clash with her gown like Marie's does (Marie's tiara is in a white metal but her gown has a gold-ish trim to it--I personally don't like that) but since it's the order of the Elephant I can "let it go"!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Commoner

Competition

There must be a lot of pressure on Mary and Marie to dress up for the press since we all seem to compare them, unfortunately.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

I think the Danish Royal ladies all look absolutely amazing in their resplendant gowns. This is I think Princess Marie's first New Year gala and I think she looks the very epitome of a Danish princess. She carried herself charmingly and is clearly starting to bring out her own individual charm and style to these events. Crown Princess Mary is clearly very confortable in her role and looks very confident and lovely. I don't think you can compare the two princesses as they compliment eachother very well.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

it's lovely to see marie in her first new year court! i loved the tiara she chose/was offered, it really suits her. her style in gala gowns seems much different to mary's, who generally goes for lighter colours and much more similar to alexandra's.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Serene Highness

Princes Mary is still very elegant and gorgeous! I love that dresse even she has worn it several times! It's always a pleasure to see her in a gala dress with a tiara and a wonderful hairdo!

Princesse Marie is gorgeous too! I would like to see the dress without the fur to see how it is in reality! She's becoming more and more confident as a princess!

Danish people must be very proud of its 2 beautiful princesses!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
Princes Mary is still very elegant and gorgeous! I love that dresse even she has worn it several times! It's always a pleasure to see her in a gala dress with a tiara and a wonderful hairdo!
The Crown Princess has worn this ice blue evening gown three times, not several.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information
The Queen is wearing this pearl and ruby set from the Crown jewels. She has put the stomacher on the necklace.
There is a nice story about pearl-newcklace. It wasn't worn for a long time so they pearl lost there colour and became grey. Queen Ingrid then started to wearl the pearl necklace at night and sleept with it then the pearls started to work again

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Does anyone know if Prince Gustav and Carina attended this event? I have tried searching for them in photos, but could not find anything. Do Queen Anne-Marie and her family typically attend this event?
They don't! This is an official event reflecting the constitutional relation between monarch and government, and it concerns the institution = the Royal House rather than the royal family.

Those present are members of the royal house; the monarch & spouse, the heir apparent and others in the line of succession and their spouses. Apparently the only one missing is the elderly HH Princess Elisabeth.

A happy new year to all!

Viv
Old 01-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Nobility

Close-up pic of Mary from royals.web-log.nl

http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_179lo.jpg

She looks amazing, I love her look. Her gown, make-up, hair do, everything is just perfect

There are also good photos of her in troonopvolgers.web-log.nl

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...jaarsgala.html
Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Nobility

A question: was CP Mary wearing the same dress she wore during her pre-wedding gala banquet at Christinsborg Palace? For me she only had,this time, different earings. But, anyway, I think she looks great!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Two lovely pictures and an article from Billed Bladet:
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesserne strålede ved nytårstaffel
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

More pictures from Royals:
royals.web-log.nl: New Year's court Denemarken

Hola Gallery
Galerías de imágenes

BT Gallery
B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Courtier

All the ladies look beatiful. Though I've to say that princess Marie was indeed very beatiful.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Courtier

All the ladies were beatiful. Even though i must admit that princess Marie was indeed very beatiful.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Serene Highness

The ladies are beautiful indeed.

Marie has a beautiful tiara. It's much nicer than the tiara Mary got upon her wedding to Fred. Since Marie is on the shorter side, her gown seems to drown her a bit.

Mary looks good too. Love the fur jacket/shrug. I do wish Margrethe would give her another crown/parure other than the Ruby one. It really doesn't go with everything. But I guess she couldn't wear her smaller diamond tiara.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

It is unfortunate that the two princesses are often compared as each bring their own strengths to the royal family. Seeing CP Mary in this recycled dress reminds me how much she has grown in her role. She looks more comfortable since the first time she wore this gown. She carries herself more confidently... almost like she has grown into the gown and the tiara if that makes sense (I'm not speaking in the physical sense, although I am very impressed that she can still wear the dress after 2 babies and she does look great). I think the more we see Princess Marie at gala events, the more confident she will appear too, although she presented herself very well at this event.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Thank you thank you, Anabel, for all the pictures and not least for the two Christmas resp. New Year Cards. How do I love those romantic postcards !!! This Forum is awaking all my romanticism !!!

And also thank you to bbb for the words about Alexandra, which have been cheering to me.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a French article with pics, just click on the first to enlarge
it and to see them all:

Les princesses Marie et Mary de Danemark réunies et en grande tenue pour le réveillon de la famille danoise !
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Both Princesses look wonderful! Princess Mary is always very elegant. Princess Marie is absolutely beautiful & I love her tiara.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Marie is wearing for the first time the necklace of the Order of the Olifant. Do you think ex-Princess Alexandra had to give her's back ???

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals