The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

They both look very beautiful
Lovely to see how Marie has the 'fairy tale princessy' look with her elegant hair-do and beautiful tiara tonight.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

All the ladies look wonderful. It's nice to see that both the Queen and CP Mary chose to recycle a gown since there is so much focus on the bad economy right now. Obviously Princess Marie could not do so, as the is her first formal court event, plus she is pregnant (and please, please, please don't think I am criticizing her for wearing a new gown as I'm not...) I think Marie looked wonderful with her evening gloves also. Mary could have chosen a darker fur to contrast with her gown and pick up the black trim of it as the light fur kind of blends into the gown in the hail of flashbulbs.

So nice to see everyone looking so lovely for the event.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

2 more pics of Marie
http://images.berlingske.dk/apps/pbc...W=620&border=0
http://multimedia.jp.dk/archive/0014...d-_142499e.jpg

Gallery by PPE
http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...%20Amalienborg

Old 01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Marie looks absolutely GORGEOUS, the best dressed. Love her hairdo and her tiara.

She really has charm.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Small Gallery
jp.dk - Nytårskur 2009

Old 01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie look so beautiful Is that the same tiara she use on here wedding day?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene View Post
Princess Marie look so beautiful Is that the same tiara she use on here wedding day?
Yes it is, I think it's called "Floral Tiara"
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Please pardon me, I am repeating often the same: Princess Marie is a beautiful woman and am admiring her, but I cannot help feeling sorrows dwelling in my heart, when suddenly I think of Alexandra.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information

Alexandra seems very happy and has a nice life with Martin, she has beautiful children who are thriving and happy, on the surface it seems a smooth transition for her to private life. I do still admire and follow her family thread but i really like marie and i'm glad everyone got to end up happy and they've kept their behavior postive. in a few years the princes will be be attending the kurs (that's another wow...they are growing up fast)
(i hope i hope i hope for a video) btw Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information

Alexandra seems very happy and has a nice life with Martin, she has beautiful children who are thriving and happy, on the surface it seems a smooth transition for her to private life. I do still admire and follow her family thread but i really like marie and i'm glad everyone got to end up happy and they've kept their behavior postive. in a few years the princes will be be attending the kurs (that's another wow...they are growing up fast)
(i hope i hope i hope for a video) btw Happy New Year
bbb, is that queen magrethe on your avatar ?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

yes it is miss saga, i picked it because it looks like she's in a cowboy hat (texan and all )

i wish we could see a photo without their wraps and all together in one shot. It looks like a movie ....i'm a fan of romantic fairytales (chick flick lol)
Old 01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

Wow both Princesses look great but I think Marie steals the show tonight!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Wow! Princess Marie looked great! I love her gown Too bad we cant see pics w/o the fur coat. Is
Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Both Mary and Marie looked fantastic! They look like something out of a fairytale. I noticed that Marie is wearing the Order of the Elephant, which confirms what we have been wondering about.

I absolutely loved Mary's hair. This is (IMO), one of the best looks for her with the ruby parure.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Both Mary and Marie looked fantastic! They look like something out of a fairytale. I noticed that Marie is wearing the Order of the Elephant, which confirms what we have been wondering about.
Yes, now we're absolutely sure about it.

Her gown remind me http://www.cardboardcutouts.com/0637%20Cinderella.jpg and http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/6821/sgown4ah.png

Old 01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
There is definitely a Cinderella-like similarity to Marie's look.

Does anyone know if Prince Gustav and Carina attended this event? I have tried searching for them in photos, but could not find anything. Do Queen Anne-Marie and her family typically attend this event?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Did I correctly see a bit of the chain of the Order of the Elephant on Marie's shoulder?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Yes, Marie is wearing the chain of the Order of the Elephant.

sgl, I don't think that Gustav and Carina would have been there. We usually only see the immediate DRF at the New Year's Courts. I've never seen Queen Anne-Marie at this event, or Princess Benedikte either. Does anyone know if they've ever attended? Maybe way back in the '70s?

I think Mary and Marie both look fantastic, I'd really like to see Marie's gown without the fur wrap; it's the only gown out of the three ladies' that we haven't seen without a wrap/jacket.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Marie looked amazing! Totally gorgeous and beautiful! The star of the event. That being said, Mary still looked immaculate. As always.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just loved Mary those jewels are some of my favourites. I hate to disagree but I think Mary is the star. The colours I love those on her. Marie looks pretty and I love her fur but the pale fur Mary is wearing is my favourite. Thanks for the posts so quickly.

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals