The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of the wedding:

** ppe gallery **

Old 08-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

And an article about the wedding from DM.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark's second cousin Countess Camilla of Rosenborg marries Ivan Ottesen | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Camilla & Josephine are non-identical twins, aren't they?
Old 08-27-2018, 06:54 AM
Administrator

They are twins, yes. On several photos I've seen they look pretty similar. I don't know whether it is known whether they are identical or fraternal twins, but I know that even identical twins can differ, for example due to a varying position and a varying supply in the maternal body..
Old 08-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple - Countess Camilla's dress is very beautiful.
I don't follow the Rosenborg side of the DRF much so I didn't realise that Camilla's oldest children were already adults.

Were any other members of the DRF present?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-14-2018, 06:08 AM
Administrator

When attending a film premiere with her son Julius yesterday, Josephine of Rosenborg told the press that she had to quit her job for her own sake - it had been too stressful for her:

** BB: Josephine af Rosenborg har sagt jobbet op: Ramt af stress ** translation **
Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The sapphire tiara owned by the Rosenborgs has been sold at a Bruun & Rasmussen action today.

https://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/EC...lioner-kroner/

The tiara which has caused considerable interest, was sold in a few minutes for two million DKK.
The buyer is as yet unknown.
It has been speculated that a Russian buyer might buy the tiara.

The value of the stones has been estimated at around 1.3 million DKK.

The other items will be put up for auction in about two weeks.

To convert use this rough guide.
6 DKK = 1$.
8 DKK = £.
7.5 DKK = 1 €.

Please feel free to repost or use this at other relevant threads or sites.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK
Old 11-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK
From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.
Also don't forget that Queen Alexandrine's mother was Russian
Princess Elisabeth was supposedly the owner of many Russian made artifacts that was used as gifts from the Romanovs to their relatives. One example of this is the small Fabergé Easter eggs that many royals, for instance Queen Sofia of Spain, made into necklaces.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I recently read that Dagmar brought a chest with her jewels to Denmark which she kept locked up, not even her daughters got something from it. Then, when she was close to dying, she sent the chest via diplomate bag to London, to be given to her daughters after her death. Some days after she died, her nephew and host, Denmark's king inquired about the jewels, because he had spent a lot of money on his aunt. Alas, they were already in the UK and soon Xenia and her sister shared them, with Xenia getting the most of them. She sold them and most went to Queen Mary. Maybe Olga sold her share in Denmark as she stayed there and bought a dairy farm close to Copenhagen?
Old 12-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

So the Rosenborg Countesses sold also Princess Elisabeth heirloom.
A small item 978 (9 cm) from Henrik Wigstrom who worked for Fabergé was sold 850.000 DKK , estimation price between 100.000 ans 150.000 !
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Bruun Rasmussen auction over a number of items from the Rosenborg family has as you know been put up for auction.
The star attraction was of course the sapphire tiara, but there were of course quite a few of other items that went under the hammer.
The three Rosenborg sisters, Camilla, Josephine and Feodora paid for the expenses and a 16 % sales fee.
The rest went into their pockets.

Here are the scans of some of items put up for auction.
Note in particular the captions in blue boxes.
Vurdering = Assessment.
Solgt = sale price.

And a rough converter:
1 £ = 8.5 DKK.
1 € = 7.5 DKK.
1 $ = 6 DKK.

But see for yourselves here:
https://app.box.com/s/z4tlob80h3iea4hykgr5399sz1n9o3ux
https://app.box.com/s/k2ixrt5epjky1dwk8nl09sp3cacpx97k
https://app.box.com/s/o93nitec6ivf3vz77kqwddyskh97zusz
https://app.box.com/s/pjwjn0oy4f0t8qe8ubb2mu3q8lxghm13
https://app.box.com/s/9hjsgvckd5w0vukwsw86bzvldhaxw9t5
https://app.box.com/s/48x9k9squoy8t8vsb7gg9fk52ljuro07
Old 12-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Elisabeth had a fine collection of jewels and other antiques

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 12-07-2018, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

She was Queen Alexandrine Grand Child.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #51, 2018.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who met Count Ingolf and his wife Countess Sussie, when they recently visited Sorgenfri Cemetery in order to put flowers on Princess Elisabeth's grave.
78 year old Cont Ingolf is getting older too. He needed the support from his wife when he bent down to place the flowers.

Prior to going to the cemetery the two of them drove past Sorgenfri Manor first, in order to pause and reflect for a moment.

Count Ingolf said: "It is so strange that Elisabeth is here no more. I miss her og now here at Christmas time it's really hard. Sussie and I used to visit her in December to bring her her Christmas presents, and we are here at her grave at Sorgenfri Kirkegård. (Kirkegård = church-yard = cemetery.) It's sad. That's ho I can best put it."

Each year Ingolf gave his sister the same present:
"Elisabeth loved Greenland, so that's why she each year got the Greenland-calendar with twelve different, very fine pictures from the beautiful island. It's odd not having to order it this year. It has after all been a tradition.
Then we all had lunch together, drank coffee and had a cozy time. But we never celebrated Christmas together. We celebrated that apart."

He explains how he and his wife, who live at a small manor in Jutland, celebrate Christmas:
"In the afternoon we go to Fredericia garrison-church and then we drive home and eat roast pork with all that goes to that. And at the end risalamande (a rice-porridge dessert.)
After the dinner we watch a little TV and if we have been given books for Christmas, we flip through them. We don't have a Christmas tree, that's too much effort."

But in the childhood, also at Sorgenfri Manor.
"Then we had a Christmas tree going to the ceiling and all the presents on tables here and there. That was an evening we three children, Elisabeth, Christian and I looked forward to. Now I'm left alone.
To lose your little brother is terrible and after the death of Christian only six months passed then his wife Anne Dorte died as well. I never get used to that."

Before visiting Elisabeth's grave, they went by Sorgenfri Manor.
"Then we stopped for a moment and remembered Elisabeth. Because we lived so far apart, (*) we didn't see each other so often, but we spoke on the phone and usually had a good talk.
Fortunately Sussie and I managed to visit Elisabeth at the hospice where she was committed at the end. That was eight days before she died and she was very weak. She couldn't speak, but when we left we could tell from her eyes that now she said goodbye."

Count Ingolf also visited the graves of his younger brother and sister-in-law at Lyngby Cemetery.
As well as visiting the sarcophagus of his parents in Roskilde Cathedral. The sarcophagus is placed in the crypt of the Cathedral "so you need a special permit to get down there."
When Count Ingolf dies he too will be buried in Roskilde Cathedral. "That has been allowed by the Queen. Together with Sussie, of course."

(*) Distances are relative. In DK the little more than 200 km by road from Ingolf's home to Northern Zealand where Elisabeth lived, is a long distance.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Mr Muhler for sharing Count Ingolf's interview. It was a warm family. I did not know that as the focus is always on the main Royals
Old 05-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Clara of Rosenborg had her confirmation at Lundtofte Church today, May 17 - several members of the family attended the ceremony:

** ppe gallery **
Old 05-18-2019, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you Iceflower, I enjoy your posts with many pictures. I don't like instagram pictures .
Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wedding of Countess Josephine and Kenneth Schmidt at Lyngby City Hall in Denmark today 6 August

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...2019%20Wedding

Tags
count christian of rosenborg, count ingolf of rosenborg