The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 05-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
What are the names of Alex's grandparents? (does anybody know Alex's grandparents from her dad's side, and those from her mum's side?)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-29-2004, 08:46 PM
sky's Avatar
sky sky is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 280
I think Mr.Manley's father's name was Willian or Nigel. And Mrs. Manley's mother's name was Mathilde.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-30-2004, 08:17 PM
moosey60's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 660
Alexandra's grandfather was named William. Joachim and she gave Nikolai his name. Nikolai William Alexander Frederik. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Thanks very much for the info!

I wish there was a family tree though. I want to know more about Alex's grandparents - nobody ever knows much about the grandparents. If you do, can you identify whether it is the maternal or paternal grandparents and their surnames (I don't know the family name of Alex's Chinese relatives)?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-30-2004, 08:29 PM
sky's Avatar
sky sky is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 280
Alexandra's mother's last name Nowotny( Polish) means "Newman when translated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-06-2004, 06:30 AM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Thanxs for the pictures, I've never seen the last one before, it's so cute. Alexandra looks like she could be the youngest sister, not the oldest.
Yeah, at least she's the most attractive of them all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-06-2004, 07:29 AM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 826
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
Alexandra's grandfather was named William. Joachim and she gave Nikolai his name. Nikolai William Alexander Frederik. :)
Do´t you think that the reason for them to give ther first chiled the name William is beceaus that ther is a prince William in England ??
__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
moosey60's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 660
No, I read somewhere that they gave Nikolai the name because it was the name of Alexandra's grandfather. I don't think they jumped on the Prince William bandwagon. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36
How did Princess Alexandra & Prince Joachim meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenue
can someone recap how she and the prince met and fell in love? also notice how different she looks now. when she just got married, she looked so chinese. but now she looks real eurasian!
:-) :P
I always wanted to know this!

Did Alexandra graduate college? It says she went for one year in someof these posts
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeadonite
I always wanted to know this!

Did Alexandra graduate college? It says she went for one year in someof these posts
I found it in Kongehuset official site

Princess Alexandra attended Quarry Bay Junior School in the years 1969-1971, Glenealy Junior School 1971-1974 and Island School 1974-1982, all in Hong Kong. After having finalised general schooling, the Princess completed an international business education. In the period 1983-1984, Princess Alexandra studied at Wirtschaftsuniversität in Vienna. In the years 1984-1986, the Princess was a student in Tokyo. In 1989-90, the Princess studied in London.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-11-2004, 06:22 PM
sky's Avatar
sky sky is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 280
Alexandra went to the London school of econonics and she was a stockbroker in Tokyo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 32
I've read somewhere that Alexandra's mother is half-Austrian half-Polish. Is that true?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nowak
I've read somewhere that Alexandra's mother is half-Austrian half-Polish. Is that true?
As the post was moved to the thread about Alexandra's family, here's a quote from the exerpt translated above:

Quote:
My mother is Austrian with Polish inheritance,” Alexandra said.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ~, Singapore
Posts: 480
I remember an interview in which Alexandra had said she just came from four hours of cantonese - so I think that we can assume that while she doesn't speak it natively, she is learning.
__________________
Don't forget to visit the TRF Blog!

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricota View Post
As for grandparrents, I asume we are talking about Alexandra's parents, they are as far as I know, still living in one of the old houses at Schackenborg and has said that they have no wish to move. And Joachim seams to be happy with that arengement aswell.
Thanks for explaining about Schackenborg. Thank you also to RubyPrincess.
About Alexandra's parents, I was sure they had left Schackenborg to live nearer to Alexandra in the Copenhagen area. I read this sometime ago in BT. But I could also remember it only vaguely or inaccurately, so I'm not saying you aren't correct. This is just what I remember, and it makes sense to me, as it seems reasonable that they would want to be close not only to Alexandra, their daughter, but to their grandchildren. All the same, I can imagine that both of us are correct in a way: that they have a house in town as well as keeping the Schackenborg house. It is nice of Joachim to let them still use Schackenborg, in any case, if that is the case. I mean, he certainly doesn't have to do that, and I'm sure many ex-husbands wouldn't like to do that, especially bringing a new wife onto the scene. So if this is the case, it speaks well of both Joachim and Marie.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Tricota's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Thanks for explaining about Schackenborg. Thank you also to RubyPrincess.
About Alexandra's parents, I was sure they had left Schackenborg to live nearer to Alexandra in the Copenhagen area. I read this sometime ago in BT. But I could also remember it only vaguely or inaccurately, so I'm not saying you aren't correct. This is just what I remember, and it makes sense to me, as it seems reasonable that they would want to be close not only to Alexandra, their daughter, but to their grandchildren. All the same, I can imagine that both of us are correct in a way: that they have a house in town as well as keeping the house. It is nice of Joachim to let them still use Schackenborg, in any case, if that is the case. I mean, he certainly doesn't have to do that, and I'm sure many ex-husbands wouldn't like to do that, especially bringing a new wife onto the scene. So if this is the case, it speaks well of both Joachim and Marie.
Everything I have heard, and also confirmed in the last article I could find about the subject from this summer, they still live at Schackenborg withno plans of moving, partly because they love the area and prtly because of Richard Manley's pour health. He is apparently suffereing from heart problem and has problems walking. Alexandre stays with them, when she is at Schackenborg...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricota View Post
Everything I have heard, and also confirmed in the last article I could find about the subject from this summer, they still live at Schackenborg withno plans of moving, partly because they love the area and prtly because of Richard Manley's pour health. He is apparently suffereing from heart problem and has problems walking. Alexandre stays with them, when she is at Schackenborg...
I think it was actually mentioned at the engagement press conference that Mr. and Mrs Manley are planning to move out; think it was discussed here at TRF as well just after the engagement was announce.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
It does seem to say here that while the Manleys did stay for about the past three years at Schackenborg, there are now "problems" with the situation. (BT, June 2007)

Then Politiken (October 2007) seems to say here that the Manleys are still there for now, but have plans to leave.
The articles seem to be blaming Marie for the change in the situation, for the "problems," whatever they are. It is probably for the better, imho, for everyone. The Manleys surely have the means to have their own home.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Tricota's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It does seem to say here that while the Manleys did stay for about the past three years at Schackenborg, there are now "problems" with the situation. (BT, June 2007)
.
Actually it doesnt really say that. It speculates - "it" being the media - that there might someday in the future be some problem with the arengement and that people are wondering why they are still living there. It is "If" and "If" all over again, and doesn't mean there is a problem with the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Then Politiken (October 2007) seems to say here that the Manleys are still there for now, but have plans to leave.
The articles seem to be blaming Marie for the change in the situation, for the "problems," whatever they are. It is probably for the better, imho, for everyone. The Manleys surely have the means to have their own home.
Okay, I didn't see that one, as I don't read Politiken. But I dont really see how they blame Maria for the situation. The whole situation with them there has worked when he was singe, but now things have changed. And apparently this is their decision. And as he says, thre is no big rush.

I am not aware of their finansil sitution, but it is not my understanding that the family was ever a wealthy one, but simply that they had great education, great jobs and worked hard. When you stop working, the income tends to dry out and I honestly dont think they have alot of money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I think it was actually mentioned at the engagement press conference that Mr. and Mrs Manley are planning to move out; think it was discussed here at TRF as well just after the engagement was announce.
Okay, I was not aware of that. Whenever these big things happen, I normally don't follow things that closely, as the whole media blitz is a little to much for me. Thanks...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricota View Post
Actually it doesnt really say that. It speculates - "it" being the media - that there might someday in the future be some problem with the arengement and that people are wondering why they are still living there. It is "If" and "If" all over again, and doesn't mean there is a problem with the situation.
Yes, the BT article is definitely speculative in the biggest "if" way. There is a lot of supposition going on there.
Quote:
Okay, I didn't see that one, as I don't read Politiken.
Nor I. I had only found it on a Google search.
Quote:
But I dont really see how they blame Maria for the situation. The whole situation with them there has worked when he was singe, but now things have changed. And apparently this is their decision. And as he says, thre is no big rush.

I am not aware of their finansil sitution, but it is not my understanding that the family was ever a wealthy one, but simply that they had great education, great jobs and worked hard. When you stop working, the income tends to dry out and I honestly dont think they have alot of money...
I don't understand how they can assume it's Marie's fault either. But I am not surprised that the articles point the finger at her, because doesn't the woman, or the new wife, usually get the blame? Sometimes the blame is deserved, but not always, and it's fair to say that Marie is not in a very powerful position at this point. The idea of her wielding this much power over this situation is, I think, giving her too much credit.
I thought before that the Manleys were wealthy, but I guess I only thought so because of their nice education, jobs, but it seems that you are saying that they were just a working rich, now retired, and don't necessarily have a great fortune built up, and of course I can't argue because I have no idea.
All the same, they will be fine. If they have a difficulty, I'm sure their daughter has abilities & ample willingness to be of assistance.
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earl and Countess of St. Andrews and Family mybags British Royals 117 12-02-2013 04:40 PM
Earl And Countess Of Ulster and Family H.H British Royals 83 06-05-2012 03:21 PM
Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family current events 10: February-August 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 197 08-17-2008 11:44 AM
Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007 Sophus Royal House of Denmark 187 06-14-2007 05:59 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway palace picture thread pom pregnancy prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess annette princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sheikh state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]