Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like she is pregnant but hedging her bets. At her age she will need to have a number of genetic tests done. You cant do amniocentesis until 16 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get the results, Personally, i was 38 years old, but told NO ONE including my mother until I got the all clear from the doctor. I was very fit as she is, and really didnt show at all untill 32 weeks. We told the family at 29 weeks.

And good for her at her age, if she wants to have another baby. So many of us who try to have a child in our late 30s or early 40s have to do the whole in vitro route, sometimes with only heartbreak to show for it. How great for them if it is true!

Last edited:
scooter said:
It sounds to me like she is pregnant but hedging her bets. At her age she will need to have a number of genetic tests done. You cant do amniocentesis until 16 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get the results, Personally, i was 38 years old, but told NO ONE including my mother until I got the all clear from the doctor. I was very fit as she is, and really didnt show at all untill 32 weeks. We told the family at 29 weeks.

And good for her at her age, if she wants to have another baby. So many of us who try to have a child in our late 30s or early 40s have to do the whole in vitro route, sometimes with only heartbreak to show for it. How great for them if it is true!

These are my thoughts too....I can understand if she is hesitating to announce a pregnancy. However, if she´s not pregnant why not just say so??? Or else like someone else said she´s making such ambiguous statements to keep the media interest in her (but she never struck me as that kind of person). If her privacy is really so important to her why not say something like we will not be commenting on that, rather than statements like her seamstress knowing how to sew her dress :ermm::ermm: and being happy if they have additions to the family, or not...(maybe that statement got lost in translation, but in English it sounded like the "or not" was added as an after thought).:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Scooter´s explaination makes sense to me.

And I´d like to add one more theory about why Alexandra didn´t answer simply yes or no, but such an ambiguous statement:

Maybe she thought, "whether I am pregnant or not, this has nothing to do with you media. Just keep guessing, you guys." Remember that she said in the wedding that now she hopes for a little peace and quiet?

I think Alexandra isn't giving a general yes or no because really....as a private citizen...its no one's business.

And yes, Heike, I totally agree with your comment about a little peace and quiet. I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background. It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon. I am sure some of the tabloids will continue their fascination with her...but mindful of the Caroline Judgement...I wonder how they will handle her new life.

Zonk said:
I think Alexandra isn't giving a general yes or no because really....as a private citizen...its no one's business.

And yes, Heike, I totally agree with your comment about a little peace and quiet. I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background. It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon. I am sure some of the tabloids will continue their fascination with her...but mindful of the Caroline Judgement...I wonder how they will handle her new life.

I agree. Now that she's no longer a member of the Royal House, it's her own business whether she's pregnant or not. If she chooses to release that information, then that's only when the public will know.

every day there are pics of them in the beach with alexandra's children. why they don't get off the paparazzi?

Zonk said:
I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background.
What makes you think that?
When I look at the wedding and honeymoon pictures (and TV clips)
I see a woman who loves the limelight,
or at least doesn't show any desire for peace and quiet.:lol:

I am absolutely convinced Alexandra has no intention to and will not fade into the background.
She has kept a lot of her patronages and she needs the media to be of any use for these organizations in the future.
She actually needs the media more now that she is no longer a royal (with an official status and calendar)
but a "celebrity" who lives from her good reputation (which is created by the media).

Zonk said:
It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon.
Alexandra always had a good relationship with the media and IMO it will even be closer in the future.
And she will be treated in exactly the same way as she has been treated so far.
As long as she cooperates with the media they will write about her in a positive way.
(That BB article about her honeymoon was so sugary that I almost got diabetes while reading it.:lol: )
It' s really very simple: Give them what they want and they give you
what you want (meaning: write positive things about you).

E.g., the only critical articles about her wedding appeared
when the media thought they would not have access to the wedding.
When Alexandra posed for them before and after the wedding
and said such things like: It's so wonderful that you are here today"
(actually she seemed very pleased to be the center of the medias' attention,
there was even a report on German TV mentioning her obvious pleasure)
everything was "pink sky" again.

It seems nowadays Joachim and Alexandra are most eager to cooperate with the media
in order to get a positive press about their new partners/relationships.
A dangerous pattern IMO.

Here I agree with you, Zonk.
But based on what she actually has said I don't think Alexandra is pregnant.

ricarda said:
(That BB article about her honeymoon was so sugary that I almost got diabetes while reading it.:lol: )
Well that are their style, not just for Alexandra, forinstance they had such a touching story about Mary freezing on her fingers in Norway and jumping up and down to keep warm inspite of her pregnancy, such a brave girl:wacko: Billedbladet never writes negatively about their own royals, and only rarely about the other royals, it is a regular piece of candy with the rose tinted truth on the royals, but because they have the best pictures I guess they can afford that style,

Well I agree, Alexandra will not disappear into the backround, and if she does it is certainly not because she wants to. I predict she will go on a UNICEF trip shortly, we will see what happens. When Mary will go on maternety leave there certianly will be room for the Countess in the media, atleast until Joachim marries, then it might be a little crowded.

She dont need a calendar to make her events know, Im sure whichever organisations she visits, sends a press release, afterall they want media attention as well

I have to wonder if there is enough room for three royal ladies IF Joachim marries Marie. I see Alexandra's role being more international.

Originally Posted by Larzen
Well that are their style, not just for Alexandra, forinstance they had such a touching story about Mary freezing on her fingers in Norway and jumping up and down to keep warm inspite of her pregnancy, such a brave girl:wacko: Billedbladet never writes negatively about their own royals, and only rarely about the other royals, it is a regular piece of candy with the rose tinted truth on the royals, but because they have the best pictures I guess they can afford that style,

That's why I read it - good pictures and something to laugh at.;)

Christo's Girl said:
I have to wonder if there is enough room for three royal ladies IF Joachim marries Marie. I see Alexandra's role being more international.
Countess Alexandra is no longer royal and doesn't represent Denmark as such in any way.

Whether a new wife of Joachim's will become a member of the royal family or he will step out of it with a count's title that remains to be seen.

I would rather see the real princess Alexandra and her sister Nathalie being more active in the Danish royal life, like their mother than any of these mayfly princesses.

GlitteringTiaras said:
:ermm: Was the Countess, the former Princess Alexandra, not a real Princess or person at one time or another?
Whether Countess Ms. Jørgensen was or is a princess, a person, a hen or a broom I have no idea.

I was referring to this Princess Alexandra: The Danish Monarchy - The Royal House - HRH Princess Benedikte
Scroll down half way in the text and you will find her.

Whether Countess Ms. Jørgensen was or is a princess, a person, a hen or a broom I have no idea.

You don't?;)

Let me say this, Daneborn, the Countess was a real Princess at one time and to belittle her isn't very kind.

For what ever reason of your disliking of her, that's your business. Nonetheless, one cannot doubt nor debate that she was a real Princess of Denmark at one time.

:)

I think Alexandra will not fade into background.
She HAS ALREADY faded into background. (Compared with CP Mary)

For example, there are much more articles and photos about CP Mary than Alexandra, no matter national or international.

It´s kind of sad for me, because I like to see how she dresses herself.

Daneborn said:

I was referring to this Princess Alexandra: The Danish Monarchy - The Royal House - HRH Princess Benedikte

Well, as much as I am for accuracy in such matters, she definitely was one at some time - let's not retend she wasn't! :)

Daneborn said:

Personally I consider your comment quite rude. I have a feeling that you are implying that the Countess is a hen or a broom in your eye. I am just expressing my feeling after reading your post. If this is not what you meant, sorry for my sensitive nose.
I don´t believe that you don´t know who Countess "Ms. Jörgensen" was, since you mentioned the name Jörgensen.
By the way, She´s called Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg now, though I think she wouldn´t mind if you call her Mrs. Jörgensen. But "Countess Ms. Jörgensen" is sort of....
Maybe you can tell us what your definition of a "real" princess is.
I think people generally agree with the definition that a commoner can become a "real" princess after she marries a prince.

Last edited:
Daneborn said:
I would rather see the real princess Alexandra and her sister Nathalie being more active in the Danish royal life, like their mother than any of these mayfly princesses.

I guess we either accept the right of HM the Queen of Denmark to create "real" princesses out of her daughters-in-law or we don't accept the monarchy in Denmark at all.

You can't have it both ways, IMHO.

I think Christo's Girl's original question is getting lost.

Christo's Girl asked whether there would be room for three royal ladies (Mary, Alexandra, Marie) if Joachim got married again.

The short answer is no, because Alexandra gave up her royal title when she married Martin and she indicated when she got married that she wanted her private life again.

I think Alexandra served her country very well during her time as a princess but that's not really relevant to the functions and activities that she may be doing now. She made a choice for a different type of life now.

Please let's get back on topic. This thread has nothing to do with Joachim, Marie or Mary. It's about whether or not Alexandra is pregnant.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

If it's true...Congratulations to the happy couple!! If they had a little girl she'd be beautiful! Her sons are an attest to the fact that she's half of the genes that make them such beautiful children! Another little boy would be just as cute!

I'm confused by now. Is Alexandra pregnant or not? She doesn't look pregnant in pictures from Caribbean Islands.

There has been no official confirmation from Countess Alexandra and Martin. Nor has there been confirmation from the Palace.

Even if she was pregnant I highly doubt the Danish Palace representatives would confirm it since she is no longer an official member of the DRF. Countess Alexandra is a private citizen now, so if she chooses to announce whether she is pregnant to the public that is her choice. If not that is her private choice as well.

:)

Lakshmi said:
I'm confused by now. Is Alexandra pregnant or not? She doesn't look pregnant in pictures from Caribbean Islands.
So far, I see it as malicious rumours from a tabloid (Se og Hør) out in the cold, just wanting to sell papers and make money from something EVERYBODY wants to read about whether it's true or not.

I think it's too premature anyway to broadcast news like this to remote relatives in Austria. But it's a good excuse for the paper to publish it.

Heike said:
I don´t believe that you don´t know who Countess "Ms. Jörgensen" was, since you mentioned the name Jörgensen.
By the way, She´s called Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg now, though I think she wouldn´t mind if you call her Mrs. Jörgensen. But "Countess Ms. Jörgensen" is sort of....
Well, it's a common way to title people in Sweden and Norway.
Princess Christina Mrs. Magnuson is one example.
Princess Ragnhild Mrs. Lorentzen is another.
It's their official title all right.

I think Countess Alexandra Mrs. Jørgensen sounds nice.

If she does get pregnant I hope it will be twin girls.

Daneborn said:
Well, it's a common way to title people in Sweden and Norway.
Princess Christina Mrs. Magnuson is one example.
Princess Ragnhild Mrs. Lorentzen is another.
It's their official title all right.

I think Countess Alexandra Mrs. Jørgensen sounds nice.

Yes. Countess Alexandra Mrs. Jörgensen sounds nice.
But not Countess Ms. Jörgensen.

halo everyone,
alexandra doesn't seem to me as a person who wants to fade to the background.of course she knows that she is not any more member of the DRF, but she has kept the most important of her patronages.this means that she will have official engagements.

Larzen said:
Yes, you are right.
That's their style in general, they are really unbearable (or laughable) at times
which is the reason why I usually don't buy BB, only at special occasions and because they do have the best pictures.
Therefore I missed the "brave Mary" article but I do remember one in connection with their Australian visit,
about Frederik moved to tears by his son. Really disgustingly sugary.:wacko:
(On the positive side it seems BB at least tries to give accurate information
and not so many "out of the blue"-stories.)
Is it really impossible to publish a mag which gives relieable information
in a normal (meaning neither sugary nor bashing) style?

I'm confused. Where did whatever wikipedian get the information that she's pregnant from? Have I missed an article or something
See bottom of this page, under "Marriage to Martin Jørgensen"

As you should know anyone can add unfounded, lies, gossip and so forth on Wikipedia. That whole site is filled with misinformation including the gossip about the Countess.

Once and for all there has been no confirmation from the Countess and Martin, the DRF or other Palace officials, even though she is no longer apart of the royal family. So far this whole notion of her being pregnant is a rumor.

Someone needs to go in and edit that false information out of Countess Alexandra's Wikipedia page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom