The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandra´s belly looked very flat in her wedding pictures.
So I assume that this pregnancy would not be older than 3 months, if she is really pregnant.

Well I have to say if Alex decided to marry Martin just after she found that she´s pregnant, then all the preparations for wedding must be arranged very quickly. It´s really amazing that she and Martin can plan such a wonderful wedding within such a short period of time.

Although accidents happen, it´s still hard for me to believe such a woman like Alexandra, would let accident happen if a pregnancy is not in her plan.

Personally I tend to believe that the wedding AND the pregnancy were both in their schedule. Of course, under the condition if she is really pregnant.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

We will waite and we will see if she is or she's not.

At the moment it's just another rumour.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

my 2 cents is, until proven otherwise, this 'announcement' just seems to stem from the 'wishful thinking' basket on the part of Se & Hor
Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Gentry

Yes, its so typically danish.
I attended a wedding this summer where the bride was around 7 months pregant, too big for the white dress she had intended to wear, and the couple's 4 yr old daughter carried the rings.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she was pregnant when they married.....big deal. She's not above having that happen to her. I'm sure Martin wanted children, and Alexandra I'm sure wanted children, so if it's true......here ya go. It doesn't make her stupid, foolish or any other negative adjective.

If this is true, I wish her a happy and healthy pregnancy.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Nobility

In the photos from Mary´s engagement today from ANP (posted in her current events thread) the captions say that Alexandra´s pregnancy was announced today....wishful thinking or has an announcement come from somewhere???
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
In the photos from Mary´s engagement today from ANP (posted in her current events thread) the captions say that Alexandra´s pregnancy was announced today....wishful thinking or has an announcement come from somewhere???
No official announcement from anywhere, as far as I'm aware. The quote that was picked up from Se & Hør, a less-than-reputable tabloid rag, in my opinion, by Ritzau among others, was:
"Alexandra and Martin are having a baby. The 42 year old countess is very secretive in public, but in the family it has been known for a long time that this weekend's bride is expecting.

The rumours have been around since the announcement of the very sudden wedding, but now the pregnancy is confirmed by that part of the "royal" family which lives in Austria. Alexandra's closest - sisters and parents - wish, quite naturally, to let her drop the "bomb" herself, but futher out in the family it is being discussed whether or not it is a boy or a girl."
It might very well be true, and this is Alexandra's way of "dropping" the bomb via her Austrian relatives, an odd way of doing it - or it might be something that's been made up to explain the sudden wedding.

I'm a bit wary of the press reporting anything without official confirmations - Mary's first "pregnancy" turned out to be gallstone
- Joachim's first "girlfriend" after the divorce turned out to never have met him at all...
- Point de Vue reporting Mette-Marit pregnant and due in April, when she's looked slimmer at recent events than in quite a while...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctejnoe
Yes, its so typically danish.
I attended a wedding this summer where the bride was around 7 months pregant, too big for the white dress she had intended to wear, and the couple's 4 yr old daughter carried the rings.
You cant say its typical danish just because you have experienced it. Most ppl i know still get married and have kids after.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! I was quite suprised to hear that Alexandra is "pregnant." However is this official now? Will there be a formal announcement by her?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Well no official statements... so I won't believe this until I hear the news coming from reliable sources like Reuters or AP news
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Courtier

I think that if she is indeed not pregnant and all this is just rumors, then there will be a denial in the next days/weeks, because the media response is now so massive...
Maybe nothing official, but something small like, "no, I am not pregnant" , if a reporter asks her...
If she is pregnant, I expect either a confirmation or nothing....
But right now, I rather think she is pregnant.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Since she is now entitled to a completely private life, there may be NO announcement whatsoever.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Commoner

Well, Martin is young and I'm sure that he wants to be a father. So it is not surprising that she might be pregnant so soon, considering Alexandra's age.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Courtier

I wondered about the short space of time between the engagement announcement and wedding announcement. If she is pregnant, best wishes to both of them and I hope she has a healthy pregnancy.

Stellad
Old 03-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

As I said in their wedding thread, but seems appropriate here too, as long as they are happy, and dedicated to each other and their family, Nicolai, Felix, and any new baby that they may have, then I wish them all the best.

I bet any babies of theirs will be cute!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Is Alexandra pregnant? read it on DRW

at her age its not really safe on the baby but people do get pregnant & may also have twins. I hope her all the best & i wish its a little girl after 2 boys, i think that would be great. I think she did not reall show is because she might just be one month pregnant, i mean look at Mary, shes about 6-7months and started to show.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Although it is true that women over thirty-five who have babies are at a higher risk for birth defects, such as Down's Syndrome, as long as Alexandra is healthy, which she seems to be, and takes all the proper precautions, she, and any baby of hers, should be just fine.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir
Told you so! She is an inspiration to us "older" women!
no older
She is 43 years old
I hope girl
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29
no older
She is 43 years old
I hope girl
She is not 43 but 42 and i still think that she is to olde to have a 3. child.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
She is not 43 but 42 and i still think that she is to olde to have a 3. child.
It's up to her to decide if she wants a third child being aged 42.
My mother had my third sister when she was 40: it has been a marvellous gift for everyone.
More and more women have a child when they are 40 or older, I don't see the problem at all.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, princess alexandra