The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Two questions:

1) Is Alexandra's title, Countess, hereditary for any future children she might have?
2) Would this child, if she is expecting, carry the title, or would it pass onto one of her son's that are Prince's?

Just wondering...

Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

I obviously have no idea if it's really true. But it seems that a rumor such as this wouldn't creep up so soon. I could be wrong about that. But it just would make sense that there are still enough other stories surrounding this union that it wouldn't need a pregnancy rumor on top of everything else. So it seems to me that Alexandra being pregnant is definitely very probable. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Two questions:

1) Is Alexandra's title, Countess, hereditary for any future children she might have?
2) Would this child, if she is expecting, carry the title, or would it pass onto one of her son's that are Prince's?

Just wondering...
Alexandra's title is personal - and not herditary. If she has children with Martin, they'd most likely carry the surname Jørgensen.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

In order for us to really know that it's true what types of news agencies or newpapers/magazine's are the most credible for things like this? How long can such a rumor like this remain unconfirmed and who would confirm this rumor? Is there a press secretary related with the DRF that might confirm it or does Alexandra have here own press representation to confirm? I'm just curious to know exactly how we will know if this is true or not. Of course in a month or so it might be obvious when looking at Alexandra so maybe that is the only confirmation the public will get.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Has it been confirmed yet? if it's true than that's great. Congrats to the couple. Felix and Nicolai could be happy to have a new brother or sister. No wonder they got married so soon if it's true
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I see. A shotgun wedding. How quaint.
I doubt they got married because she was pregnant. Did you ever consider that maybe they planned the baby at the same time as the wedding because of Alexandra's age? There hasn't even been a confirmation yet as to whether or not she is pregnant so we can't really assume it was a "shotgun weding".
Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM

She's been married a few days and now she's pregnant? If she is pregnant that is. And if she is, she was carrying a bun on her way to the cake shop.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Nobility

I think it´s normal that Alexandra would want to give her new husband a child. How old was P Caroline when she had Alexandra? - about the same age as Alexandra now?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Yes i realise that IF she is pregnant then she was pregnant at the wedding all I'm saying is that it isn't realistic to say that is why they got married. But that is just my opinion
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
I think it´s normal that Alexandra would want to give her new husband a child. How old was P Caroline when she had Alexandra? - about the same age as Alexandra now?
Yes. Princess Caroline was born Jan. 23, 1957. She married Prince Ernst on her 42nd birthday, Jan. 23, 1999. Six months later, she gave birth to Princess Alexandra on July 20, 1999.

-Ayvee
Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

the pregnancy must be confired for palace or for alexandras staff?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's nothing to do with the palace, corazon. She isn't a member of the royal family any more.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Alexandra's title is personal - and not herditary. If she has children with Martin, they'd most likely carry the surname Jørgensen.
Thanks for the answer! And now that I think about it, duh! Someone please slap me up-side the head! Of course the child/children would carry their fathers surname! I guess this head-cold is really getting to me...

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It's nothing to do with the palace, corazon. She isn't a member of the royal family any more.
oh, thanks.
so, we can't wait for a ''official'' confirmation of this news
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Gentry

She's a 42-yr-old divorceé with two kids who recently married a guy very much her junior in a church in a "white" dress and veil while pregnant.
How very danish.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
She's been married a few days and now she's pregnant? If she is pregnant that is. And if she is, she was carrying a bun on her way to the cake shop.
thanks for my laugh outloud moment today
if its true i can't say i'm surprised but it makes the over the top wedding kinda tacky. if i remember caroline was married in suits to both her husbands in low key ceremonies. sorry if i offend anybody with my old fashioned way of thinking. if they do want children i think it's great the older you are the harder it gets, so this is a good thing and i wish them happiness.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctejnoe
She's a 42-yr-old divorceé with two kids who recently married a guy very much her junior in a church in a "white" dress and veil while pregnant.
How very danish.
Does this happen often in Denmark? Your comment was cute!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Nobility

I know. Didn't she just got married?

So it is possiable for a woman get pregnant the same day???
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
I know. Didn't she just got married?

So it is possiable for a woman get pregnant the same day???
Yes, but I don't think it's possible that the pregnancy would be able to be detected a week later.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Yes, but I don't think it's possible that the pregnancy would be able to be detected a week later.
And even if a baby had been conceived the day she married Martin, she would not have had the time to
- detect it
- announce it to the whole family
- and let the family announce it to the press

She married FOUR days ago.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, princess alexandra