Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say GlitteringTiaras, that for the most part the information on wiki is fairly accurate. There have indeed been studies saying that the accuracy is on par with other, paper encyclopedias. However, you are right in that anyone can edit that information. But again, for the most part the people who run that site also do a great deal of good work in weeding the wheat from the chaff as it were.

I've edited that bit and removed the statement-like part about pregnancy. :flowers:

Empress said:
I have to say GlitteringTiaras, that for the most part the information on wiki is fairly accurate. There have indeed been studies saying that the accuracy is on par with other, paper encyclopedias. However, you are right in that anyone can edit that information. But again, for the most part the people who run that site also do a great deal of good work in weeding the wheat from the chaff as it were.

Empress, unfortunately Wikipedia is notorious for having many mistakes and misinformation on its site. Things were so out of hand at one point that the originator of the site fessed up to the myrid of misinformation on Wikipedia. That guy is also a liar as well. It's a long story, but to sum up: He lied about his education, CV, and many other things as reported by CNN, TIME, and other reputable sources.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I was referring to the false information on Alexandra's page about her being pregnant.

:flowers:

Daneborn said:
Countess Ms. Jørgensen
Heike said:
Yes. Countess Alexandra Mrs. Jörgensen sounds nice.
But not Countess Ms. Jörgensen.
If the Queen went to the trouble of having it announced that the former Princess Alexandra would be known as Her Excellency Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg, then shouldn't we call her that? Or if you want a short form, Alexandra of Frederiksborg or Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg.

Why the urge to stick the name Jörgensen on her when that's clearly not part of her name? It's not as though he's the well-known partner in the relationiship and people need to hear his surname to know who she is. If she wanted Mrs. Jörgensen stuck at the end of her name, wouldn't that have been announced.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Empress, unfortunately Wikipedia is notorious for having many mistakes and misinformation on its site. Things were so out of hand at one point that the originator of the site fessed up to the myrid of misinformation on Wikipedia. That guy is also a liar as well. It's a long story, but to sum up: He lied about his education, CV, and many other things as reported by CNN, TIME, and other reputable sources.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I was referring to the false information on Alexandra's page about her being pregnant.

:flowers:

Ah... well goes to show that even "reputable" news sources are not reputable. Although, for what it's worth, whenever I look at whatever I happen to be looking at at the time, the information seems fairly accurate... however, most of the time I am looking ar fairly boring things, so there you go.

Alexandra: "I'm not pregnant".

My summary: Alexandra and children with cancer was at Køreteknisk Institut in Roskilde to test-drive fast cars (I assume as passengers), when she was asked directly about her alledged pregnancy she answered: "Do I look pregnant? No! And does anybody think I'd put myself into a car driving a couple of hundred km/h, if I was expecting. I definitely wouldn't." She added that if anybody thought she had a baby-bump, she must have eaten too much.

Now that Alexandra has confirmed that she is not pregnant, I think it is safe to close this thread.

Thanks to eveyone who posted. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom