Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen to Separate: September 8, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really do wonder why she is giving interviews, she doesn't seem to be promoting a charity or event so its not like she has to face the questioning. She wouldnt be getting paid for them would she?

Update.

This time from Berlingske Tidende, but the same interview: Grevinde Alexandra om sin hurtige skilsmisse: »Jeg skulle jo videre med mit liv« - Nationalt | www.b.dk

In the interview Alexandra explains the two of them had drifted apart and no longer shared the same values.
"When the basic values you yourself have are not reflected in the other person, how can you even envision a future with that? Not at all. There was nothing to continue building on. Values are so important to me. I think they are for most of us. These are people I'd like to be with".

Q: One thought you had found happiness when you remarried?
A: "Yes, so did I. Then one can be surprised or shocked. But it turns out that it wasn't the happiness of my life. The love of my life. I'd rather be alone now".

It was hard.
"Some times it's a major crisis or situation in your life, that results in you having to contemplate things. And do something about them. Now I'm taking the right decisions which I don't have to discuss with someone, who may push me in the wrong direction. I'm making the right decisions now, both for myself and my children".

---

I found the last quote most interesting.
There are in my opinion three reasons that springs to mind, that would make Alexandra do an immediate and clean break. Two of them I'd like to keep to myself for the time being and the third is obvious.

Of course that she found Martin Jørgensen in bed with another.

- That happens in many marriages and I must confess that Mrs Muhler a couple of times has found me sleeping with another girl.:ermm: - A lovely brunette. Here she is BTW: https://app.box.com/s/ki9h49vjvijgw4w2575m

I know, bad Muhler, but I couldn't resist.

And Martin Jørgensen has replied.

Martin svarer igen: Ingen drøm at være gift med Alexandra – Ekstra Bladet

He will not rule out telling his version later.
He says to Ekstra Bladet: "Being married to Alexandra did not for me either develop into what I dreamed about".
He will not elaborate, but the article says:
- Martin Jørgensen acknowledge that Alexandra now has a need to speak in public about her divorse. For that reason he will not go into details to Ekstra Bladet, how he assess what she is saying. Or whether it may have something to do with his relationship to X-factor hostess, Eva Harlou, that had something to do with the process of the divorse being over so quickly as it did.
It is according to Martin Jørgensen Alexandra who needs time and space right now to come forward with her version of what happened. He will not rule out that he will present his version at a later date.

- Better get some popcorn... :popcorn:

Last edited:
If have continue i prefer to take nuts!!!

I wonder if this starts getting out of hand whether Joachim or the Queen may step in to stop constant bickering in the media, if for no other reason, to avoid upsetting the boys.
Its sad that for so long Joachim and Alexandra were in many ways an example of 'the perfect' divorced royal couple, sad that its her second divorce to a 'commoner' thats causing a fuss.

Oh please!!! I have very little sympathy for Alexandra. This sounds like a re-play of her first divorce...where Alexandra uses the media to come across like a saint while her husbands are portrayed as the bad guys. The only difference between the divorces is while in the first instance, Joachim never went to the media to strike back at Alexandra because of his position as a royal and the father of Nicolai and Felix...this time around Martin is wiling to use the media as much as Alexandra.

The nerve of her saying now that her children only has one father!! Really??!!! Is this the same woman who was only too willing to pose with Martin and her children as an idyllic family...almost pushing Joachim to the side as if he wasn't the children's real father?!

There is a saying that karma is a b***h!!! And what goes around comes around! I am glad that Alexandra is seen more critically now! It is so ironic that Joachim's second marriage is happy and thriving while Alexandra's own is ending.

She married two different men and both marriages ended in divorce. It takes 2 to make a marriage fail! How her image has fallen in the past 10 years!!!

And I agree with everyone! Why go to the media now...unless Martin is about to do the same thing!!

Last edited:
I can't imagine that Joachim is happy about this interview as Alexandra is actively drawing the boys in. He got angry as well when Alex picked up one of the sons from school in full media presence.

Alexandra is no saint, and if she is attacking Martin publicly without reason (no need to tell people that they don't speak, he doesn't see the boys etc etc) it is clear that he will respond in time.

I think Alexandra made he bed by marrying a guy like Martin (toyboy, financially depending on her, likes to party) very publicly parading themselves and the boys around where a quiet wedding would have been sufficient.

I think she realized in the past months and years that her image is suffering (still getting an allowance from the first marriage and not working) and she doesn't like to be the bad girl or even worse, forgotten. I find her desperate in many ways, very obvious the outfit again for the interview and at her recent outings, short skirts etc. Martin didn't make her any younger and without him it won't work either.

Additional update: Alexandra afslører detaljer i skilsmissen: Nu svarer Martin Jørgensen igen

Here BT has asked Martin Jørgensen for a comment.

In another article about the interview Alexandra is praising Denmark, but as that is not directly about the divorce I will only post the link: Alexandras kærlighedserklæring efter 21 år: ’Danmark er det bedste sted i verden’

In the interview Alexandra said that Martin Jørgensen did not always tell the truth, - apparently without elaborating.

Q: What do you think she means when she says the truth has not always been told?
M: "I simply don't know. We must have my version at another time. For now it's Alexandra who presents her version".

He has no comments to the almost instant divorce.

As for him being denied to see Nikolai and Felix: "It's correct that I'm not seeing them and of course I'm annoyed about that".

Ekstra Bladet reports, based on the interview, that the house Martin and Alexandra owned in Turkey has been put up for sale: Nu ryger Martin helt ud af Alex' liv – Ekstra Bladet
"I will not keep it. It was a lovely holiday spot, easy and secure. We could swim and be in the sun/frolic. But that chapter is now closed".

Last edited:
Is she popular in Denmark?

She still has her fanbase, but outside that I won't call her popular.
She's not directly unpopular either - at least not yet.
But she's is certainly not held in nearly as high regard as she was just ten years ago, even though many still respect her for the good work she did, when she was still a member of the DRF.

Thank you Muhler for all the articles and translations. It's a shame Alexandra feels a need to comment and have this discussed in the public forum.
She would do her boys good by saying "no comment".
Nikolai and Felix are grown, and I'm sure all their friends know how to read.
Plus I think she is burning bridges between Joachim and the Drf, by being so public.

And I agree with most, Alexandra always presented Martin as the boys second father, posing for photos all the time. Last year when Nikolai finished the school term, it was Martin who picked him up. Joachim had an event and Alexandra did not go, and had no problem sending Martin .

i also think it is strange and unroyal to be commenting on her private life and her divorce, let alone attacking martin in public. whatever happened, even if he cheated on her, should remain between themselves. she can easily distract the attention of the press by saying the usual 'we decided to part ways'. the more she comments, the more she is letting spill out details that make the press hungry for more.

i thought initially that the relationship seemed strange, but martin seemed down to earth and calm, and i thought that was perhaps what alex was looking for. i didn't see martin at all as a gold digger, like some people pointed out. shame on the kids who seemed to like martin.

The interviewer said that he thought the countess found happiness when she married for the second time in 2007. Alexandra replied: “Yes, so did I. Then one can be surprised or shocked. But it turns out that it wasn’t the happiness of my life. The love of my life. I’d rather be alone now.”

i wonder what alexandra meant by this: did love just die out for them, or was there a conflict of some sort and this 'change in values' that made her change her mind about

It didn’t take long for Martin Jørgensen to reply. He spoke shortly to Ekstra Bladet and said that “being married to Alexandra did not develop me into the direction I dreamed about.”

even more awkward: what did martin mean that the relationship didn't develop him? i realise it may be a translation issue, but it is the most odd wording, in my opinion - sounds a bit like he may be looking for something else in alexandra (fame, fortune?) apart from her companionship.

i wonder if alexandra is still in touch with the royal family (apart from joachim). is she still close to the queen or FM? her relationship with marie seems to be cordial and close enough.

Why is she giving these interviews? Is it to be spiteful and embarrass Martin? Does she just want the publicity? How popular is she in Denmark- I know that she was quite popular when they were married and before Frederik married Mary, but what do Danes think of her now? If she isn't popular or isn't being noticed, I could see it being some sort of strange publicity stunt.

I wonder what the DRF think of all of this. I could imagine they aren't terribly happy, particularly since she's brought the boys into this whole mess.

even more awkward: what did martin mean that the relationship didn't develop him? i realise it may be a translation issue, but it is the most odd wording, in my opinion - sounds a bit like he may be looking for something else in alexandra (fame, fortune?) apart from her companionship.

It's a misquote.

What I wrote was: - He says to Ekstra Bladet: "Being married to Alexandra did not for me either develop into what I dreamed about". -

In other words: for him as well/too the marriage did not develop into what he dreamed about.

--------------

- As far I understand the interview is 8 pages long, including photos. But these quotes seems to be the most juicy bits.
Ekstra Bladet, who would be the first to publish the most juicy parts hardly has anything more. None of the other media have bothered to write more than a couple of articles with basically the same quotes as those we have already seen.
However, looking at the other topics of the interview. The interview seems to be mostly about Alexandra and current life, where the divorce and relationship with Martin Jørgensen only takes up a relatively small part.

The other topics in the interview are:
Private dreams (for the future).
A slight sense of panic because the house has been sold (so fast presumably).
Where to move to.
Her believing she will find love again.
Thoughts about a possible future career.
She is considering writing a book.
How it was to see photos of Martin Jørgensen together with Eva Harlou - after the break-up. (Still to be dealt with).
Whether she still loves Martin Jørgensen.
Living in Denmark.
Her children.
Oasis Club. (I have no idea about what this is about).
Her finances, including the apanage. (I saw her reply to that, it was about two or three sentences long. I'll post if if you wish).
Facebook. (Don't know what that is about yet).
Bad press. (Saw her reply, just a couple of sentences long).

- It looks pretty meager to me.

The few things she says about Martin are pretty harsh IMO, but I have posted all quotes I could find and she's really not saying much. A paragraph or two

Today's bit in BT 51-årige Alexandra tror stadig på ægte kærlighed efter to skilsmisser: Det sker nok, når jeg mindst venter det
Is about her hoping to find love again and the bit is really only of interest to those who follow Alexandra and what she is up to, these days. It's very general.

I too am somewhat baffled about the interview. Surely she would know, that the press would focus on the divorce?
Why even talk about the divorce? - She could have dodged it by saying something like: I have moved on and that is in the past. or the settlement has not been finalized and until then I prefer not to say anything or for the sake of the children, I won't go into details.

But when you look at it, it's Alexandra who has been talking. Martin Jørgensen has hardly said anything.

So is this an attempt to counter bad press? And/or an attempt (to be cynical) to show: Hey, I'm still here!
Or has she been contacted by the gossip press and been faced with option: Would you prefer we tell the story or would you prefer to tell it yourself? - I don't believe in that one though, due to the lack of juicy bits.

Whatever, I think this may be a mistake. Because now Martin Jørgensen is free to tell his version and if he is smart he can present it in a way that could be unpleasant for Alexandra. Or if he is really clever, he won't say much and eventually the pendulum of the public opinion may very well swing over to him.

What did she say about the finances? I'm interested.

And yea- I think it's in poor taste and shows some questionable judgment for her to make public that neither she nor her children have contact with her former husband now- and insinuating it's because of some unknown failing on his part.

No matter what he's done, this stuff never goes well when it's played out in public

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:
Agree, this is not her best idea.

Alexandra om apanage-kritik: Nogle gange bliver der skrevet ting, man ikke skal blive ked af - TV 2

This is what she said about the apanage:
Grevinden er imidlertid selv ganske fåmælt, når talen falder på dette emne:

- Der var en ordning, der blev besluttet i Folketinget. Det er dét, jeg vil sige til det. Og hvad angår meningsmålinger, er det sådan, det er. Når man er en offentlig person, er der en balance. Jeg har sagt til mine børn, at der i ny og næ vil blive skrevet ting om familien, som de ikke skal blive kede af, siger grevinde Alexandre i et eksklusivt interview til BT.

The Countess is however pretty untalkative (taciturn?) when faced with this subject:
- There was an arrangement that was decided in the Parliament. That's what I have to say about that. And as for opinion-polls, that's the way it is. When you are a public person there is a balance. I've told my children that from time to time things will be written about the family, which they ought not be upset by, says Countess Alexandra in an exclusive interview to BT.

I too am somewhat baffled about the interview. Surely she would know, that the press would focus on the divorce?
Why even talk about the divorce? - She could have dodged it by saying something like: I have moved on and that is in the past. or the settlement has not been finalized and until then I prefer not to say anything or for the sake of the children, I won't go into details.

But when you look at it, it's Alexandra who has been talking. Martin Jørgensen has hardly said anything.

So is this an attempt to counter bad press? And/or an attempt (to be cynical) to show: Hey, I'm still here!
Or has she been contacted by the gossip press and been faced with option: Would you prefer we tell the story or would you prefer to tell it yourself? - I don't believe in that one though, due to the lack of juicy bits.

Whatever, I think this may be a mistake. Because now Martin Jørgensen is free to tell his version and if he is smart he can present it in a way that could be unpleasant for Alexandra. Or if he is really clever, he won't say much and eventually the pendulum of the public opinion may very well swing over to him.

I think if she hadn't talked about the divorce the media would not have been interested. And my impression is that Alexandra is hurt (by what Martin did and by the public critizising her) and desperate to be positive and still appreciated by the danish public. That's why she's painting herself as the hurt victim and keeps justifying her actions, especially the money she still receives from the Danes while not lifting a finger.

My guess is that all this will backfire. Whatever Martin has done and what a scumbag he is, there were times when she paraded him around with the boys. If she's angry, she should be angry in private.

And regarding the money - legally she might deserve it but you can't justify to the taxpayers that a woman like Alexandra, with all her connections and education, one son out of the house and the other one to follow in de course, is unable to work.

Well, in this day and age where all bloggers have an opinion about anything, Alexandra's interview is being commented too: Debattør skælder ud på Alexandra: Mest bitterfissede kommentar – Ekstra Bladet

An Anne Sophia Hermansen is not at all impressed! In fact I can't translate her quotes without having the words automatically converted into ****!

But judging from my wife's opinion, Anne Sophia Hermansen isn't alone among women in the basis of what she is saying.

Another one who is always phoned by the press when it's about etiquette is Inge Correll. She is also unusually sharp in her opinion!

"I thought that this is all wrong and especially when she's mother to the two Princes. It's a load of misplaced/misunderstood self-promoting.
It's undignified and out of line. She's a countess, and things like that you keep to yourself. One does not bare one's private life to the press and you are getting too close.
There are simply things that should not be laid out in front of the public and it just makes the situation even more embarrassing that the Countess herself have engaged (that's the wording) herself in Martin Jørgensen and their relationship.
She's been married to the man for eight years and she has chosen him herself. So you don't go public with these sorts of things".

-----------

I've been thinking about it and decided to translate the quotes by Anne Hermansen, because apart from her wording, she does have a point or two worth considering IMO. So do not read on if you are easily offended. ;)

The Most Bitter-c-u-n-t-e-d (*) Comment of the Week belongs to Countess Alexandra - Jesus, how lacking in style/gravitas and pathetic and a-s-s-bitter.

He's had contact with the children on a day-to-day basis. And just because there is a break-up, it doesn't mean that he stops loving them. or that they stop loving him.
It's obvious that she is totally a-s-s-bitter over their break-up and then she can't bring herself to let her own sons have contact with their stepfather. That's what it is about.
Why should a new man, by the way, dedicate himself to her kids, when she pulls them away, the moment the relationship is over, because she's too bitter to handle the aftermath in an adult matter. I think it's a testament to a lack of style/gravitas.
It points to a form of emotional incompetence. She is after all also paid via her apanage, even better than our PM, can't you also expect that for those money that she is also a good mother"?

(*) The word bitterfisse is not uncommon about certain women, but you will have to ask another Danish member for a precise definition, because it's mostly women who use it about other women.

Last edited:
It's a misquote.

What I wrote was: - He says to Ekstra Bladet: "Being married to Alexandra did not for me either develop into what I dreamed about". -

In other words: for him as well/too the marriage did not develop into what he dreamed about.

--------------

- As far I understand the interview is 8 pages long, including photos. But these quotes seems to be the most juicy bits.
Ekstra Bladet, who would be the first to publish the most juicy parts hardly has anything more. None of the other media have bothered to write more than a couple of articles with basically the same quotes as those we have already seen.
However, looking at the other topics of the interview. The interview seems to be mostly about Alexandra and current life, where the divorce and relationship with Martin Jørgensen only takes up a relatively small part.

The other topics in the interview are:
Private dreams (for the future).
A slight sense of panic because the house has been sold (so fast presumably).
Where to move to.
Her believing she will find love again.
Thoughts about a possible future career.
She is considering writing a book.
How it was to see photos of Martin Jørgensen together with Eva Harlou - after the break-up. (Still to be dealt with).
Whether she still loves Martin Jørgensen.
Living in Denmark.
Her children.
Oasis Club. (I have no idea about what this is about).
Her finances, including the apanage. (I saw her reply to that, it was about two or three sentences long. I'll post if if you wish).
Facebook. (Don't know what that is about yet).
Bad press. (Saw her reply, just a couple of sentences long).

- It looks pretty meager to me.

The few things she says about Martin are pretty harsh IMO, but I have posted all quotes I could find and she's really not saying much. A paragraph or two

Today's bit in BT 51-årige Alexandra tror stadig på ægte kærlighed efter to skilsmisser: Det sker nok, når jeg mindst venter det

I think you are right that her giving the interview puts Martin in a better light for not talking and not even responding to what she has said.

When she and Joachim were divorced they handled everything discreetly, amicably and in style. That won them a lot of brownie points with the public and the press. It really astonishes me that Alexandra handles things differently now, she's about to seriously damage her good reputation if she continues with these interviews.

I think Alex benefitted from her reputation, yes they were discreet but Joachim took all the blame. He was crucified by the tabloids and labelled a cheat and a drunk.

This time the media didn't make Alex the saint and I don't think she likes this. So she's helping a bit to make Martin the bad guy and take all the blame, but the public doesn't buy it. Her morals are questionable too, see the allowance. Danes have understood this by now.

BT has finally caught up with Martin Jørgensen. Eva Harlou og Martin Jørgensen står frem: Vi er kærester

At an event Tuesday evening he showed up with Eva Harlou and confirmed for the first time: "Yes, we are sweethearts".

What does he have to say to the interview with Alexandra?
"I think a divorce is a private matter".

And Nikolai and Felix, are they still in contact?
"It's no secret that I haven't. Unfortunately. - Of course it is hard".

Ekstra Bladet, which also follow this very closely has a video: Martin Jørgensen om Eva Harlou: Ja, vi er kærester – Ekstra Bladet
But have nothing to add that is relevant for this thread.

It's hard to know what to say about it all really. It seems a shame that Martin no longer sees the children especially as he was in their lives for so long. The cynic in me makes me wonder that a quick, discrete divorce seems at odds with Alexandra discussing things with the press. Then again, Martin himself has spoken, albeit briefly, to the press too now.

There is no love lost between the former couple, no doubt. I wonder if Nicolai's decision to go to boarding school and leave home has to do with the quarrels and the subsequent split.

Update.

Martin om Alex' sønner: Jeg elsker dem over alt i verden – Ekstra Bladet

Martin Jørgensen has been quoted for saying to BB (presumably in their magazine edition tomorrow):
"I think it's wrong and inappropriate to discuss (the divorce) in the public space - particularly because tow children are involved, whom I love above everything in this world".

I'm glad that Martin has made this statement to the magazine. IMHO it demonstrates that he is mindful of the boys' feelings about the divorce. It is a shame that things have deteriorated to this point between this couple.

There is no love lost between the former couple, no doubt. I wonder if Nicolai's decision to go to boarding school and leave home has to do with the quarrels and the subsequent split.

I suspect that as well. And that may also be one reason why he seem to thrive there.

Back
Top Bottom