The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Very, very sad news.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's sad news. Poor Alexandra, she has had two marriages that have ended in divorce. I wonder if she will marry again for a third time or stay single. It must also be tough for Nikolai and Felix having to go through this again, as someone said upthread divorces and family rifts can really affect the children involved.

I'm not surprised by the divorce though. Given the fact that he has a daughter whom he never sees, it will be interesting to see if he will carry on seeing Nikolai and Felix.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Are Alexandra's parents still living? It was very generous of Joachim to allow them to live at Schackenborg after the divorce.

I too felt for Felix - he looked so uncomfortable in those pictures. The press should have been satisfied with just pics of Alexandra and left him out of it.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Her father passed away in 2010, but I believe her mother is alive.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, her mother is still alive; she is 82 now.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

From the beginning I thought Martin was the toyboy who liked her social status & money and Alex was the older woman trying to stay young. Some marriages work well under those circumstances, if both partners do their homework. Not sure Martin understood that when he posed in is too tight dandy suits, still falling out of nightclubs in his 40ies.

I always thought that Alex was smart in many things but I couldn't believe that it took her so long to work out that there were little values to share and that there was no point in an overdone wedding with tiara and wearing the ex' jewellery, only to cause pain within the family at the end.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
From the beginning I thought Martin was the toyboy who liked her social status & money and Alex was the older woman trying to stay young. Some marriages work well under those circumstances, if both partners do their homework. Not sure Martin understood that when he posed in is too tight dandy suits, still falling out of nightclubs in his 40ies.

I always thought that Alex was smart in many things but I couldn't believe that it took her so long to work out that there were little values to share and that there was no point in an overdone wedding with tiara and wearing the ex' jewellery, only to cause pain within the family at the end.

My guess is, she was besotten with Martin, and this overdone wedding was his wish ... so she went along with it...

Bottom line: Nothing wrong with having a toyboy, just don't marry him

And I think it is fortunate that, they dont have a child together, as it would complicate the dirvorce and maybe he would try to get custody just to get more money out of her...

I don't think she stayes alone - she doesn't seem to be the kind of woman who likes to stay on her own. but if she marries a third time? Who knows
Old 09-12-2015, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I'm not particular impressed by Martin Jørgensen, but there is a saying in Danish: "They all say Jeppe is drinking, but they don't say why Jeppe is drinking".

If I am to speculate. I could believe that he is drinking and partying because he is unhappy in his marriage. Some people react like that. And there are ups and downs in all marriages.

I don't know Alexandra personally, I can't say how she is to live with, only that she like all people must have her flaws as well.
It's interesting, that there seems to be an automatic "Poor Alexandra" reaction for many. Is it because she's a woman? What if she is a pain to live with and the drinking and partying is a reaction to that? For both Martin and Joachim.

I am not saying that she is a pain, I can't possibly know that. While I do get a "Would you buy a used car from this man" reaction, when seeing a photo of Martin, I still think there are always two sides to the story.

Joachim got the blame for the first divorce and this time, she was pretty quick to give an interview that placed the blame on Martin.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
It's interesting, that there seems to be an automatic "Poor Alexandra" reaction for many. Is it because she's a woman? What if she is a pain to live with and the drinking and partying is a reaction to that? For both Martin and Joachim.

I am not saying that she is a pain, I can't possibly know that. While I do get a "Would you buy a used car from this man" reaction, when seeing a photo of Martin, I still think there are always two sides to the story.

Joachim got the blame for the first divorce and this time, she was pretty quick to give an interview that placed the blame on Martin.
You do have a point, but as I'm a woman I'm on her side and blame the men
Old 09-12-2015, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I have been thinking the exact same thing
Old 09-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
My guess is, she was besotten with Martin, and this overdone wedding was his wish ... so she went along with it...
Out of curiosity, why do you think the elaborate wedding was Martin's idea?

To be honest I thought the whole thing smelled a bit like "Hey, I'm still a around".
Old 09-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post

Bottom line: Nothing wrong with having a toyboy, just don't marry him
I hope Alex wasnt too besotted with Martin and took care of a few things, Martin needs money to continue with his lifestyle so I wonder if Alex pays for him or if he starts working. I wouldn't be surprised to see him write a tell-all book, I am sure he has a lot to say about Alex, Joachim & the DRF.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you think the elaborate wedding was Martin's idea?

To be honest I thought the whole thing smelled a bit like "Hey, I'm still a around".
Muhler, on that note I agree 100%. Plus, although a woman, I don't blame these break-ups only on just first or second husband. A marriage takes two to make and also break. I have been there done that, although 40 years ago, but the theme is still the same. When it come down to the bottom line, both must want it to last or it just doesn't.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I hope Alex wasnt too besotted with Martin and took care of a few things, Martin needs money to continue with his lifestyle so I wonder if Alex pays for him or if he starts working. I wouldn't be surprised to see him write a tell-all book, I am sure he has a lot to say about Alex, Joachim & the DRF.
They're going to have to pay him off.

And by this I mean - ALL families have stuff they don't want anybody knowing about. This guy is going to need to fund the lifestyle to which he has grown accustomed somehow.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
They're going to have to pay him off.

And by this I mean - ALL families have stuff they don't want anybody knowing about. This guy is going to need to fund the lifestyle to which he has grown accustomed somehow.
Oh I agree and people will rant and rave when it happens even though women do it all the time and that is fine. People can get really odd ideas over what is correct and what is not.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Hmm, that's an interesting observation and something I have never thought about before. It is something to consider.

However since I'm of the same gender as Alexandra, I tend to lean more towards her side of things as well!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Administrator

It's interesting that people assume that it was Alexandra wanted the 'overdone' wedding.....just because it was her 2nd wedding...it was still Martin's 1st.

The same thing happened with one of my best friends who was planning a wedding to a man who had already had the 'overdone' wedding. He said, 'I've already had the big wedding.' Guess what, I replied...'She hasn't'

IMO any decision on what type of wedding you have should be a mutual decision between the bride and groom. I know at some point someone has to give but just because one has lived the dream doesn't mean the other person should have their wedding day what they envision it to be as as well.

I mean why shouldn't Marie have had her day just because Joachim has already had already done the deed.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
It's interesting that people assume that it was Alexandra wanted the 'overdone' wedding.....just because it was her 2nd wedding...it was still Martin's 1st..
Isn´t it the other way around? That people assume that it was Martin who wanted the overdone wedding?
Old 09-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

I always believe it is very sad when there is a breakdown of a marriage. Especially as it affects so many people. I just hope they tried really hard to make it work. As most of us know a lot goes on in a marriage and usually the blame is not down to just one particular thing. I wish them both an amicable split.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Hmm, that's an interesting observation and something I have never thought about before. It is something to consider.

However since I'm of the same gender as Alexandra, I tend to lean more towards her side of things as well!
99% of the time both partners contribute to the end of a relationship, IMO. What I've seen when people I know have had a string of bad relationships is that they're often lovely, smart people who keep making the same mistakes.

Alexandra's second marriage has broken up amid rumours of drinking and partying on the part of her husband. There were very similar rumours going around when the first marriage broke up, although a tighter lid was kept on things due to the family the alleged drinker/partier belonged to. Alexandra wouldn't be the first person in the world to find that sort of behaviour cute and charming at first and then have it wear thin as time went on.