Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen to Separate: September 8, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks FasterB :flowers: I needed a sniff from my smelling salts after reading that. :shock:

Grevinde Alexandra taler ud om bolig-salg: Derfor sælger jeg mit palæ - Underholdning | www.bt.dk

Countess Alexandra has today issued an official statement regarding the sale of her house.

The statement reads:
Due to the divorce I have chosen to start a new chapter in the life of me and my sons.
The Princess and I for natural reasons seen a new beginning in new surroundings. We have had many lovely years in our home at Svanemøllevej and now the time has come for the next chapter, where our lives contain new activities and we are confident/are ready for new challenges
We have not yet found a place to live, but (we) will remain in Copenhagen. A new time is beginning and we look forward to that.

Grevinde Alexandra efter bruddet: Jeg er kommet tættere på mine børn | BILLED-BLADET

Countess Alexandra went to the Royal Theater to see a ballet and here she had a brief talk with a BB reporter. - Mainly about her current life.
She went with her former LiW and good friend, Christine Wiberg-Lyng and apparently she looked radiant, so our reporter asked why.

"I just enjoy being where I am now. I enjoy life, and if for no other reason, then everything that has happened has ensured that the children and I have become even closer. I didn't think that was possible, but we are. We are in a good spot".

Hos she done anything to become closer to her children?
"No, not apart from being honest with each other, to be there for them, support them and back them up. I've always said that it's a good parenting-thing to slowly let go. It's not always that easy.
And I can see they are well udnerway, så that makes me glad. I'm a proud mother".

About ballet:
"I've always thought ballet was lovely, also when I was a small child. Danish ballet is very well-known and has a high standard, (*) so I look forward to seeing the performance
Ballet is lovely. It's fantastic to see how people can use their body and train it so much and keep it so top-tuned".

How about the boys and ballet? Would she take them to a ballet some day?
"That would be great to do once in a while. It's a form of art that it would be nice to have the children seeing".

(*) I'm now venturing into an area I know little about, so please correct me if wrong.
Danish ballet adhere to the Bournonville school of tradition. I.e. classic ballet, with direct links to the very origins of the art-form. That is, ballet as it looked when it really took off back in the 17-1800's.
One particular ballet, from 1786, is still danced as it was back then.

Last edited:
:previous: The magazine issue this week has more details about what Alexandra said.

Nikolai is thriving at Herlufsholm boarding school: "Yes, I don't think he'll move home anymore - just once in a while during the weekends. And it is indeed nice to see that he is so well there.
In the beginning I thought it was hard that he only went home every second weekend. But now I've gotten used to it and I can tell that he is thriving.
I realize it isn't a decision he is taking. It's affects the whole family, because suddenly Felix is very much the only-child at home. But he's fine with that".

:previous: thank you:flowers:
How many more years will Nikolai be at Herlufsholm boarding school?
Im sure we can expect he to go to University right after or do Danish kids take a gap year?

:previous: thank you:flowers:
How many more years will Nikolai be at Herlufsholm boarding school?
Im sure we can expect he to go to University right after or do Danish kids take a gap year?

You are welcome. :)

IIRC he started high school last year, so that's three more years.

ADDED: I think Nikolai will opt for volunteer conscription before going to the university.

Last edited:
And we have a status-report from Alexandra.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #12, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Alexandra was also present at the movie-premiere of Concussion, which Mary also attended. And on that occasion she had a chat with our reporter.

Has she found a new man?
"No. I have to say no at once. But I think it's lovely that I have many lovely friends, who will go dining with me. But no, I haven't got a sweetheart. All in good time".

How about the house?
There is no rush and: "I'm not looking for something right now".

Her plans for Easter?
"My children will be with their father and I am to be with some good friends".
Does that mean traveling?
"To travel, can also be in this country".

How about the boys?
"They become more and more fond of sports. It's interesting to see how Nikolai is developing into being a handsome young man. He is doing a lot of sports at Herlufsholm and Felix is very much into boxing".

Exercise is a good thing: "I've for example seen with Parkinsons disease that when you do exercise you can keep the medication down. Last year I cycled with people who suffer from Parkinsons and it's important that when you do sport, you don't need as much medication.
I played squash in my younger days and have had a strained back and neck. The more sport you do, the more extreme it is, the more you can get hurt. Everything with moderation".

Reactions: eya
Martin flytter hjem til far – Ekstra Bladet

Ekstra Bladet writes that Martin Jørgense (finally) has moved his officially registered address from Svanemøllevej (where Countess Alexandra lives) to a small house further away from Copenhagen city center.
That house belongs to Martin Jørgensen's father, who has used that house in connection with his company.

After the split Martin Jørgensen moved into a luxury flat owned by a friend of his, but apparently without moving his official address.

Martin has not commented on an inquiry from EB, so it is not known whether he is actually moving into his father's house or whether he will continue to live in his friend's flat.
Whatever, he still has to pay his share of the debt in the house at Svanemøllevej. The debt is a considerable 6.2 million DKK.

- This makes me think two things:
A) His friend has had enough and kicked him out of the flat, not wishing to have a (presumably) non-paying tenant forever. It's one thing to lend a friend a helping hand and offer him a bed for a couple of months, but that long?
So now he's leeching on his dad... Sorry, I mean now he has accepted his father's hospitality.
B) His father's considerably more modest house, located far away from the nightclubs and cafes, is just a c/o address and Martin continues to live in the luxury flat. Presumably because the IRS are beginning to define Martin as a tenant and that means an income, which is taxed, so Martin now costs his friend even more if he doesn't "move out".

Another update. It appears Alexandra has sold her house.
Alexandras luksusvilla taget af markedet

The house no longer figure on the real estate agents webpage, whether it has been sold or is no longer for sale is unclear, but the agent, Lützau, has said to BT: "I have no comments to the sale".
- So that smells like a sale to me.

Added. That may also explain why Martin Jørgensen recently moved his publicly registered address away from the house. He simply has to.
------------------------------

A little update from BT: Grevinde Alexandra klar til nyt liv efter skilsmissen: Registrerer egen virksomhed

Alexandra has activated her company.
Her secretary, Eiliya Julie Jacobsen, explains: "The Countess has formally reactivated the old one-man-firm in order for the settings to be in place for a future work at a later stage".

The company is registered as PR and communication, but: "It's registered as such because something has to be stated, but in no way does it say what the Countess may occupy herself with at some point".

Last edited:
Last edited:
Martin Jørgensen taget for spritkørsel: Jeg er utrolig skuffet over mig selv

The unshaving Martin Jørgensen has been nicked in a routine-control for DUI.

He has expressed how sorry and annoyed with himself he is about this and explains he just went for a pack of cigarettes and wasn't aware he was still over the limit.

- In DK the limit for legal driving is 0.5 which I personally think is silly. it ought to be 0, because that's it. No alcohol at all, rather than perhaps two or three beers.
Anyway, if you are stopped by the police in DK while driving it's as sure as amen in church that you will blow the alcometer/breathalyzer.

According to Martin Jørgensen himself, he was just over the limit of 0.5 i.e at least 0.6 otherwise you are likely to be let off, because you are taken in for a bloodsample and the result of that is deciding. And that takes time and in the meantime you might go under 0.5.
Anyway, he's in for a sanction.
His driver-license is conditionally suspended. I.e. he has to take a driving test within six months in order to keep his license.
On top of that he will get a fine that is the equivalent to his monthly salary after tax X his result, say 20.000 DKK X 0.7 = 14.000 DKK.
On top of that he has to attend a twelve hour course in drink-driving which he has to pay for himself.
- And that's the mildest possible sanction.

If the result is over 1.2 you lose your drivers license for several years, pay a fine of say 20.000 DKK X 1.4 = 28.000 DKK = 3.700 € = 4.600 $.
For first time offenders, that is

Last edited:
It gets really interesting when you have to pay a fine that is a certain percentage of your income.
Media is always happy if eg football players are stupid enough to get caught in traffic offences because than its easy to confirm what they actually earn.

With Martin, it could be more than we think or nothing at all :D:whistling:

:previous: Indeed.

If his fine is made public it will be most interesting to learn what his income is. (Based on the IRS calculations).

It turns out he hadn't paid insurance on his Mercedes, so he was pulled over. And as always when you are pulled over the police ask you to blow in the alcometer.

Follow up. Now we have comments from Martin Jørgensen and... Well, you be the judge.

Slæbt i retten for kæmpegæld på luksusbil: Nu taler Martin Jørgensen ud

The court phoned him to tell him he had not shown up in court and had been summoned for an unpaid debt of 811.000 DKK, to that he says:

"I haven't received bills or reminders or anything (text is unclear) like that in this context, so I wasn't aware of it".

He had no idea he had been summoned:
"The first time I hear about the enforcement court is in an phonecall from them after the first hearing has been held. And it is a bit difficult to show up for something you don't know you are supposed to show up for".

The large debt is simply a misunderstanding:
"we are here talking about ordinary things and stuff that needs to fall in place in regards to a divorce. And there are many things that needs to fall in place, among them cars.
This is not about me not having control of my affairs, but it's simply about everyday-items, that are to be split - and you have to agree on who do what, when and how".

This whole thing is no big deal:
"Nothing has happened. When you buy a car or a house, then you borrow some money for that unless you can pay in cash. That is simply what it is all about".

Q: Do you intend to keep the car?
MJ: "That's too early to say. I don't know".

Q: Are you short of cash at the moment?
MJ: "That's no-one's business".

- I will add that all adult and adolescent Danes are required to have an E-box, where all correspondence from the authorities will be mailed to.
(Unless you are exempt, which in MJ's case is unlikely).
So no mail is now lost or delayed in the mail and it doesn't matter if his address is now third bench from the left in the local park. So he will have received a summon from the court in his E-box, if he checked it.
And if you wish to all bills can be send to your E-box as well. And certainly banks and credit card companies use the E-box.
But perhaps he has no smartphone, no computer and no access to a computer (for free) in the public libraries - for months... :whistling:

-----------------------------------------

Things are not going well for Martin Jørgensen!

Først knaldet for spritkørsel og nu slæbt i retten: Alexandras eks kan ikke betale kæmpegæld

As you know he was nicked for DUI in a Mercedes he hadn't paid insurance on.
It now turns out that he can't pay for the car.

On 11th January the Norwegian Santander Consumer Bank summoned Martin Jørgensen in the enforcement court (I think it's called when it's about payments and debts) in Frederiksberg.
But Martin Jørgensen did not show up. That's illegal, so the court instructed the police to bring him in. Before that happened he opted to contact the court himself.

As such he did show up for the second hearing on 11th March.

But this excerpt from the court speaks for itself: "Debtor Martin Jørgensen declared himself unable to pay".

At the court meeting the court ruled that Santander Bank has 811.306 DKK with security in the car. (Which costs 1.6 million DKK as a new car. The taxes on cars are insanely high here in DK). That means Martin Jørgensen can't sell the car without permission from Santander Bank and any profit from the sale goes to the bank.

- On top of that he has a debt in the house which Alexandra has just sold. But as she is expected to have sold the house for a price very close to 25 million DKK, it will be most interesting to see how things develop.
If he is penny-less I'll think it would be very tempting for him to try and claim his share of Alexandra's fortune.

To put things into perspective. Martin Jørgensen owes 811.000 DKK on his car. The average income for a Danish couple with two children, with both parents working, is according to Danish Statistics 884.000 DKK. The average dane: Key Figures - Statistics Denmark

811.000 DKK = (Roughly) 135.000 $ = 108.000 € = 90.000 £.

Last edited:
:previous: Wow, that would tend to indicate that Martin is living well beyond his means. As to suing Alexandra for half of everything, would she not have had an iron-clad prenuptial agreement?

:previous: I hope so, for her sake.

The alternative for Martin Jørgensen could be to find a job and... work! :eek:

Well, as I suspected the divorce may not be smooth: Så barsk er bodelingen efter skilsmissen: Alexandra hyrer topadvokat

A lawyer, Bjarke Vejby, has confirmed to BT that Alexandra has engaged him to represent her interest at the divorce.

While Bjarke Vejby and his law-firm don't specialize in divorces he is considered a heavy-weight by other lawyers.
Rather than hiring a lawyer specializing in divorces Alexandra has instead gone to one of the very best.

- Martin Jørgensen may be have a problem now!
While he may know a lawyer or two I doubt he can afford to hire someone in the same league.
BTW. After his appearance in court in March he has now paid insurance on his Mercedes. However according to an estimate I read somewhere, as the market is right now in Copenhagen he will be lucky to get half of what he owes on the car is he sells it now.
And he has a loan in Alexandra's house together with Alexandra of 6.195.000 DKK. That would mean he must have an additional debt of some 3.000.000 DKK.

Assuming the house is (or rather was) owned by Alexandra alone I think he will will get enough to pay for his loan, but not one crown more. That means he still owes at least 800.000 for the car and if he can't even come to an agreement with the bank about a reduced mortgage on the car, his finances must be very bad indeed.

Reactions: eya
AFAIR they have one or two houses in Turkey. The question is of course whether they are owned by Alexandra or whether Martin has a share in them.

I don't think it will be easy to sell holiday homes in Turkey with a profit these days.

The house was Alexandra´s "særeje" :)

BT is bringing an exclusive interview with Alexandra about the divorce.
Now, I'm too penny-wise to want to pay for it - and further details will surface over the next days anyway.

However, the quotes shown in the article are pretty telling!

Alexandra i stort og eksklusivt interview med BT: Det siger hun om den hårde skilsmisse fra Martin

"I was swift and sure in my decision. I have not wavered. When it had been made I was moving on".

How is their realationship today?
"There is no relationship", adding that the two of them no longer speak with each other.

Q: You've hired a tough lawyer?
A: "Yes, that's for the divorce. I'm divorced from that man".

Q: You are divorced?
A: "I was in a hurry. I had to move on with my life".

Q: Were you divorced on the Net?
A: "Yes, and if there is a special/compelling reason for it, it goes through fast".

Martin Jørgensen comments: "I can say that I fully respect that Alexandra has her version/interpretation of our marriage and divorce. But it is not my version/interpretation".

- Further details are bound to follow.

Last edited:
:previous: WOW!! what nice atmosphere between the former couple!!! Thanks Muhler and for the rest!!!

Wow no stepping around then all out in the open. She's being very honest

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I guess the toy boy arrangement (he living off Alex' money but walking the line, looking after the kids, no straying etc) but then something dirty must have happened, most likely cheating on Alex or embarrassing her massively.

Lets wait and see if Martin will provide his version of the events.

If not it's clear that Alex' paid him off to shut his mouth.

UPDATED:

As predicted the details are trickling in.
Ekstra Bladet has also read the BT interview and here are some added details: Alexandra og Martin blev lynskilt på nettet – Ekstra Bladet

Now, I'm not familiar with being divorced but as I understand it, Alexandra logged in at Borger.dk https://www.borger.dk/Sider/default.aspx or for foreigners or new residents: https://lifeindenmark.borger.dk/Pages/default.aspx, with the code she's automatically been issued by the state, just like all other Danish citizens (unless exempted). Here you can handle all affairs with the authorities, state, region or municipalities, going from reporting a theft to changing your GP or in this case filing for a divorce.
Martin in this case would then shortly after automatically have been notified via his e-box, which all Danes are issued (except those who have a dispensation).

She's not had any contact since filing for the divorce, all dealings with Martin Jørgensen in this matter went through her lawyer.

"A divorce is hard on children. Because they don't play the leading parts. And unfortunately they are involved. I've really tried to do what's best for them".

It's the second time the boys have been through a divorce and Nikolai in particular has been asking questions regarding the divorce. Questions he did not ask when she divorced Joachim.
"I think my children respect me a lot for being honest with them". Adding that she believe she's gotten closer to her children after the break up.

"My boys have one father. They have always had one father". (not a father)

"When I during all the hullabaloo was asked whether I wanted to stay in Denmark I hadn't even considered that option. And I was actually very hurt, because surely I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying here".

-----------------------------------------------------------

:previous: If she is "telling everything", chances are he will do likewise, especially if her version does not match his, as he pointed out in his quote.

One can also speculate whether he threatened to go to the press, and Alexandra simply decided to get her version out first.

ADDED: I still don't want to pay for articles (usually turns out to be a waste of money) but judging from the headlines here: Eksklusivt interview med Alexandra: Han var en anden, end jeg troede
Alexandra is quoted for saying that Martin was someone else than she thought. That she could no longer reconcile with his values. That she finally had enough, and once the decision was made in the late summer of 2015, she wanted the divorce to be completed quickly.
(The wording in the excerpt is IMO pretty cheesy. The journalist may wish she is writing like Hemingway, she's not!)

ADDED ADDED: Alexandra til BT efter skilsmissen: Derfor ser prinserne ikke længere Martin

How about Nikolai and Felix?
Are they still seeing Martin Jørgensen?
A: "No".

Is that something the boys themselves wish?
A: "It's something I don't think they feel like. I-m not going to put words in their mouthes. But when one see how well they are thriwing with their friends, how glad, extrovert and curious on life they are. And see how their day-to-day life hasn't changed much, there is nothing that is missing. neither in regards to feelings or emotions in their lives". (Emphasizing the word).

Last edited:
So far, it has been Alexandra getting the tabloid tongues wagging by giving this interview. Why? And it's not just about her, she's speaking about her sons, how they feel, react ect, pushing them into the limelight. Why? She must be really, really hurt for dragging this topic now up, giving the public educated guesses why everything went wrong. Of course because Martin is the bad guy, he must have been way out of line by what he did to her.
Still, I wonder why she is not burying the topic instead of shaming or provoking Martin publicly, involving the tabloids, almost begging to have him tell his side of the story.

While I am no fan of Martin and I always thought that Alex was stupid to marry him (to me it was always obvious that this was about an older rich woman and a poor toyboy with qualities), it always takes two to tango.

I've always like Alexandra but with this interview she is quickly becoming more celebrity than (former) royal. As much as I'd love to know all the details she is willing to give I'm surprised she is talking to the press especially as it will hurt her boys to keep reading about it.

So far, it has been Alexandra getting the tabloid tongues wagging by giving this interview. Why? And it's not just about her, she's speaking about her sons, how they feel, react ect, pushing them into the limelight.

I agree. She is the mother of two Danish Princes. I think she should have kept quiet and not give tacky interviews like this.

A bit more from BT: Alexandra eksklusivt til BT: Sådan ser fremtiden ud for Nikolai og Felix

This time about Nikolai and Felix.

While Nikolai is happy at Herlufsholm: "No, I don't think Felix will come along to Herlufsholm. But then they are very different personalities. Nikolai would like to study abroad. While Felix likes his usual surroundings and having his things around him.
He's a creature of habit. So the thing about sleeping in a dormitory with 34 other boys is a frightening thought for hims. When he is asked he says very wisely: That is not known yet. I've not taken that decision yet".

Back
Top Bottom