The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??

Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??
No they was at school at the time..but they wear both collectet by the countess and Martin Jørgensen..

I wonder if the royal family woud send som flowers to the funeral..after all Mr. and Mrs. Mandley was Prince Joachims first in-laws and it i offen godt the fealing that the Mandlyes and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik (senior) had a good relationship with each other.

My condolonces to the family.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure Joahim had a lot of apreciation for them, that he divorce his daughter does not have anything to do wifeeling towards them after all after they divorce they were still living his home until his marriage with Marie, that tell something !
mu condolonces to the family!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Oh that is so sad. I am sure he lived a long and happy life. He was able to appreciate that his daughter, Alexandra, moved on and found happines in her personal life as well.. That is all a parent wants for their child.....happiness.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

This is very sad news. My condolences to Alexandra, Martin, Nikolai, Felix and the extended family
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Very sad for the boys to lose their grandfather, as well as Alexandra her father. Joachim, who has impeccable manners with matters such as this will surely pay his respects and be there to support his children. Perhaps Marie will join him, showing that she also feels the loss for the family. The foursome has been on friendly terms from the outset, so it would not be surprising.

Isn't it true that the Manleys lived on the grounds of Schackenborg rather than the house itself? I would think it would be a bit awkward to entertain Marie when she visited with them under the same roof.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Courtier

The Manleys lived in a home on the grounds of Schackenborg. I think that we can be sure that Prince Joachim will attend the funeral.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Google Translate

How awful, my condolences to Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Courtier

My sincere condolences to Alexandra. How sad for her whole family.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Has already occured the funeral of the Contess's father?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Commoner

My condolonces to the family
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Alexandra at the cover of Billedbladet:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...2010/BB03.ashx
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The newest pics of Countess Alexandra at the opening of
Esbjerg as Unicef City today, have been moved to the
following thread as she attended in her role as Danish
Committee for UNICEF:

** Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Charities and Patronages **
-
Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Here is an article and photos of Countess Alexandra and family atteding the funneral of her father. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie sent a wearth of flowers.

Alexandra sidste bevægede farvel til far - Royale - BT.dk
Google Traducir

Photo Gallery:
Alexandras far begravet | www.bt.dk

Old 02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Courtier

I,m so sad for Contess Alexandra.
My he rest in peace.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
Very sad for the boys to lose their grandfather, as well as Alexandra her father. Joachim, who has impeccable manners with matters such as this will surely pay his respects and be there to support his children. Perhaps Marie will join him, showing that she also feels the loss for the family. The foursome has been on friendly terms from the outset, so it would not be surprising.

Isn't it true that the Manleys lived on the grounds of Schackenborg rather than the house itself? I would think it would be a bit awkward to entertain Marie when she visited with them under the same roof.
Quote:
I think that we can be sure that Prince Joachim will attend the funeral.
Well...no member of the Danish Royal Family attended afterall, but they did send wreaths. I am surprised that Prince Joachim did not attend since Mr. Manley was his father-in-law for 10 years and his first children's grandfather.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Courtier

So is it customary for the DRF to send red & white flowers with the large ribbons? Just wondering as I've never seen official funeral arrangements before....even the pink arrangement has large ribbons cascading which looks very formal and elegant.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
So is it customary for the DRF to send red & white flowers with the large ribbons? Just wondering as I've never seen official funeral arrangements before....even the pink arrangement has large ribbons cascading which looks very formal and elegant.
the DRF always sends red and white flowers for funerals (the danish colours), and it is common in DK to send flowers with a ribbon.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

My condolences to the family. Who of the royal family sent flowers? I recognised the one from Joachim and Marie. Who sent the beautiful pink and white flowers?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
My condolences to the family. Who of the royal family sent flowers? I recognised the one from Joachim and Marie. Who sent the beautiful pink and white flowers?
HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Prince Henrik sent the other red and white arrangement, as the ribbons bear their monograms. The solid darker pink arrangement says "With Love, Christa" so that's his widow. On the pink and white arrangement, I can make out the name Martina on the ribbon, so that one must be from his daughters.