Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen to Separate: September 8, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
Grevinde Alexandra skal skilles | Underholdning

Countess Alexandra split from photographer Martin Joergensen after eight years of marriage confirmed her lawyer Mette Ravn Steenstrup in a press release.

Martin Jorgensen, according to the lawyer moved out of the couple's former matrimonial home in Copenhagen.

Monarchy has been informed of the decision, it says in the brief message.

Wow. No idea that there were issue with the couple. Thanks for sharing the news DoM.

Indeed sudden. Ηad not heard anything in denmark?

I am totally surprised! But my wishes for them are such a peacefull divorce like Alexandra's divorce with Joachim.

Grevinde Alexandra skal skilles | Underholdning

Countess Alexandra split from photographer Martin Joergensen after eight years of marriage confirmed her lawyer Mette Ravn Steenstrup in a press release.

Martin Jorgensen, according to the lawyer moved out of the couple's former matrimonial home in Copenhagen.

Monarchy has been informed of the decision, it says in the brief message.

Martin Jörgensen already moved out a while ago,out of the house that was purchased for Alexandra by former husband Joachim.But this is a surprise not many saw that coming!Always sad when people separate while love brought them together.AS HM is the boys grandmother,ofcourse she was informed,and informed first no doubt!

Well, that has come as a surprise to me!

Okay, at least they didn't have children and Felix is now so old that he should be able to cope. Nikolai is away a good deal of time on boarding school anyway so he has de facto moved away from home and probably won't move in again.

There has AFAIK not been a hint of this in the press.

ADDED: BT has more: http://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-og-martin-joergensen-skal-skilles
They are not going to split their combined fortune, so each keep what they brought into the marriage.

- I don't think this will improve Alexandra's popularity unless it turns out Martin Jørgensen is to blame for the whole thing. One divorce. Can happen to anyone. Two. Is the beginning of a bad habit. Plus that Alandra has gotten some criticism for not working enough for her apanage, alternatively for getting an apanage.
But unless one of them decides to go public we shouldn't expect the papers to write any details, even if they know something. The gossip mags like Se & Hør and Her & Nu, will write about why the split up, but thy are pretty unreliable.
I have my little theory, but that one I'm going to keep to myself!

Last edited:
Tak Muhler. I was wondering if you had read hints in the press, but this appears to have been happening quietly.

Prince Joachim and Alexandra separated by surprise. Now Martin and Alexandra separate by surprise. This is a proof that no one can tell from the outside, from photggraphs or public appearances how things are going.

That is very sad for both of them, but I can't really say I am surprised. This couple never stroke me as one who would last forever. At least there are no children custody involved. I just hope the countess' two boys will be able to live quiet and peaceful sentimental life after having seen their mother divorcing twice.

It doesn't come as a surprise to me; they were a mismatch from the start. Still, it is sad news when a couple splits, let's hope it's for the better for both.

That is very sad for both of them, but I can't really say I am surprised. This couple never stroke me as one who would last forever.
I agree.
Not a big surprise for me either. I'm surprised that the Danes are surprised.

IIRC, Her&Nu has had articles from time to time, hinting that not all is well,
but they are not always reliable and I read only the headlines.

- I don't think this will improve Alexandra's popularity unless it turns out Martin Jørgensen is to blame for the whole thing. One divorce. Can happen to anyone. Two. Is the beginning of a bad habit. Plus that Alandra has gotten some criticism for not working enough for her apanage, alternatively for getting an apanage.
But unless one of them decides to go public we shouldn't expect the papers to write any details, even if they know something. The gossip mags like Se & Hør and Her & Nu, will write about why the split up, but thy are pretty unreliable.
I have my little theory, but that one I'm going to keep to myself!
My friends is already saying that "8 year is all she can hold (on to) a man" :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
Why were they "mismatched"?

Well, this is just plain rude.
A pity it didn't worked out, but good luck to both.

Perhaps, but that is typical Danish humor and it can be very harsh!
Lots of other jokes will surface the next few days.

I remember when Joachim and Alexandra married, and keep in mind that people were genuinely delighted and she was popular, but there were jokes as well.
A firecracker in Danish is called a "Chinese". - "Have you heard that there has been an attempt to bomb Joachim? No? There was, the police found a Chinese in his bed".

And shortly after Queen Ingrid died there was a joke about the DRF having put a second-hand rollator/walker up for sale. Royal blue.

That's too bad, but somehow I'm not surprised. They always seemed like a mismatch to me, but who knows what brings (and keeps) two people together. At least they didn't have any children together.

Prince Joachim and Alexandra separated by surprise. Now Martin and Alexandra separate by surprise. This is a proof that no one can tell from the outside, from photggraphs or public appearances how things are going.

Indeed.I do hope they don't seperate for the very same reason.
There are always two to blame,at least that is what they say,
but is not always correct nor in line with the thruth though.

Oh dear, how sad.

Perhaps, but that is typical Danish humor and it can be very harsh!
Lots of other jokes will surface the next few days.

I remember when Joachim and Alexandra married, and keep in mind that people were genuinely delighted and she was popular, but there were jokes as well.
A firecracker in Danish is called a "Chinese". - "Have you heard that there has been an attempt to bomb Joachim? No? There was, the police found a Chinese in his bed".
Exactly, danish humour at its best/worst.

And now the Countess again will be called a "fuser". I don´t know how to translate that word...

Now for some words from Alexandra. She has given an interview to the news agency Ritzau: Grevinde Alexandra om brud med Martin Jørgensen: Derfor skal vi skilles - Politiken.dk

Alexandra decided on the divorce.

"When you marry many feelings are involved and you hope it lasts for life, so it's a big and hard decision to make, but I have made that now.
We no longer share the same values and I couldn't see us having a future together.
When you can tell there is no common future and that there are some basic values we all have in a marriage, that becomes too different, then you have to take it up to account.

As the strong, loving mother I have always been to my children I will make sure they will be as little influenced by this as possible and we can make an every day life work.
I've considered this carefully and I have also through the process told the children some things, so it doesn't take them completely by surprise, so I think the children and I are well prepared to move on as best we can".

Countess Alexandra adds that she intends to stay in Denmark which she now considers her home.
She will stay in her current home and she will continue her work as usual.

This news does not come as a surprise to me. Countess Alexandra and Mr Jorgensen seemed to be a mismatch.

Last edited:
Indeed.I do hope they don't seperate for the very same reason.
There are always two to blame,at least that is what they say,
but is not always correct nor in line with the thruth though.

All divorces are sad, no matter what the reason. Outsiders will never know the full and correct reason [three sides to ever story]. Children of divorce will always carry their sadness throughout life no matter who, mother, father or step-parent, was at fault. A child doesn't really care. They don't want their lives disrupted [especially publically]. I do believe that within the year, we will see the reasons as current media will make sure all the gory details are made public. Prayers to those boys

Now for some words from Alexandra. She has given an interview to the news agency Ritzau: Grevinde Alexandra om brud med Martin Jørgensen: Derfor skal vi skilles - Politiken.dk

Alexandra decided on the divorce.

"When you marry many feelings are involved and you hope it lasts for life, so it's a big and hard decision to make, but I have made that now.
We no longer share the same values and I couldn't see us having a future together.
When you can tell there is no common future and that there are some basic values we all have in a marriage, that becomes too different, then you have to take it up to account.

As the strong, loving mother I have always been to my children I will make sure they will be as little influenced by this as possible and we can make an every day life work.
I've considered this carefully and I have also through the process told the children some things, so it doesn't take them completely by surprise, so I think the children and I are well prepared to move on as best we can".

Countess Alexandra adds that she intends to stay in Denmark which she now considers her home.
She will stay in her current home and she will continue her work as usual.

the fact the Alexandra decided on divorce, quoted as 'we don't share the same values any longer' doesnt sound good. She could have said the usual bla bla, we grew apart but are still best friends etc but she didn't. to me it sounds like cheating or worse was involved.

i didnt expect it to last, martin always had the image of the workshy toyboy but apparently he had a good relation to the boys. we'll see what happens, if nasty stories surface or he shows up with a much younger woman soon.

alex was always very sly about money, still lives off her ex' money, i am sure martin doesnt get a kroner out of this.

:previous: Yeah, it sure is an interesting choice of words.

Here is something about their fortune: Det siger ægtepagten: Sådan skal Alex og Martin dele formuen - Royale | www.bt.dk

Alexandra and Martin have separate property, which means Martin has no claim on her house, which has risen from a sales price of around 5 million DKK to 18 million DKK today. So if she should sell, she would earn pretty well.
However, the tow of them own two luxury houses in a Turkish holiday resort and they might be split. One house has been put up for sale for a number of years now, and to finance that house Alexandra has a loan in her house in Copenhagen.

The first house, that is up for sale, was bought for 1.5 million DKK, while the second house was bought for 5 million DKK. But debt is tax-deductable and Alexandra has previously been very adept in utilizing tax-deductions. (I believe I posted an article about that some years ago).
So I guess Martin is the one who will suffer the most from this divorce. He may even have to work now.

Not that I expected it, but it didn't surprise me.

I don't have much interest in either Countess Alexandra or Martin, but I wish the best for both of them. It is not fun, especially not as it's now the second time Alexandra get divorced. Let's hope the press doesn't go berserk. Both for them and for us (really don't bother to hear about fuss, the only one who know the reason why is themselves)

What sad news..hopefully the boys will be alright. For the majority of their lives, Martin has been the "father-figure" they have lived with ..especially Felix, as he was only 2-3 when his parents divorce.

Note, Im in no why trying to say that Joachim has not been a great father.

but Martin has been the next "live-in" parent along with their Mother.
Now with Nikolai growing up and moving out, Felix will be alone with his mother at home. Lots of changes for someone young.

He may even have to work now.

:lol::lol::lol: Just imagine that!

Alexandra's statement sounds bitter. I see Martin soon making headlines either with a much younger girl, probably baby news or another rich older lady to prevent him from working. It must be heaven for the danish tabloids, now they can have a go at him without having to fear a phone call from the royals.

Back
Top Bottom