Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: Dec 2009-Sept 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen Current Events Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz & iceflower

Last edited by a moderator:
BB has an article and picture gallery of the love that is between Martin and Alexandra.
It says how they enjoy each others company and the 14 year difference between them doesnt stop the love they have.

Click here

Happy that love still prevails and that this love enables them to provide a good home for the young princes, which is, after all, the paramount reason for the home, custody, etc.

However, I never have found a man going out socially and in public in a half buttoned shirt attractive, nor consider that a dignified style, particularly when associated with a former princess of the realm who followed royal protocol and was dressed by designers.

It's a very big gap between the two.

Alexandra seems to have slipped into a very casual sort of style now, at least with regard to her recent attire.

She was so elegant, coiffed, well put together before, as a royal princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, Alex's hairstyle has grown on me, sort of suits her new lifestle, far more casual than b4. She probably felt she needed a change, and now was the right time...

Yes, she is far more casual than her former pictures. However, I can't say that the somewhat rumpled slacks she chooses to wear sometimes are becoming on her, or anyone else for that matter, be they royal, former royal, or just average person.

I'm referring to what she wore when dropping her children off at school on the first day, when she and P Joachim gave each other a peck on the cheek.

IMHO It is only natural for a woman in her 40's married to a man 14 years her junior, to adopt a bit of a more casual wardrobe. Alexandra has to look, feel and behave like a woman in her late 20's early 30's to keep up.
I am very happy they are in love and it is important, but to keep the fires burning she cannot appear in clothes she used to wear when she was a member of the DRF. She is doing the right thing by adopting a more care free, youthful appearance.

Trying to hard, I think. The outfit she wore recently, with a cocoa flimsy blouse, sparkly around the neck, sporty, chunky boots and a pleated, shiny skirt looked awful, absolutely awful. She also had earrings resembling chandeliers. She has lost her way it seems. One or two details would have sufficed. The only thing those articles of clothing had in common was color tone. It looked like a jumble sale gone wrong.

If she is worried about not looking 45, She can look trendy while maintaining a sense of style. It is a dreadful mistake for middle-aged women who have a slight build (small-boned, slim, and petite) to continue wearing clothes designed for those in their early twenties.

As lines start to creep in, she will be fighting that as well. Nothing worse than a youngster's body with an older woman's face.

Trying to hard, I think. The outfit she wore recently, with a cocoa flimsy blouse, sparkly around the neck, sporty, chunky boots and a pleated, shiny skirt looked awful, absolutely awful. She also had earrings resembling chandeliers. She has lost her way it seems. One or two details would have sufficed. The only thing those articles of clothing had in common was color tone. It looked like a jumble sale gone wrong.

If she is worried about not looking 45, She can look trendy while maintaining a sense of style. It is a dreadful mistake for middle-aged women who have a slight build (small-boned, slim, and petite) to continue wearing clothes designed for those in their early twenties.

As lines start to creep in, she will be fighting that as well. Nothing worse than a youngster's body with an older woman's face.

Everything you said makes absolutely perfect sense. However it is an uphill battle fighting father time expecially when your mate is so much younger.
Thankfully there are surgeries than can turn us all into teenagers and I am sure when the time comes she will think about it.:flowers:

She is an intelligent woman who has shown she has good clothes sense in the past. Perhaps she will swing back from where she is currently and choose a more middle of the road approach to her wardrobe. She will look far more refined and less desperate.

Perhaps tucks here and there lie ahead for her, but she is still the center of much attention through her various patronages and should keep that in mind when choosing her clothes.

Everything you said makes absolutely perfect sense. However it is an uphill battle fighting father time expecially when your mate is so much younger.
Thankfully there are surgeries than can turn us all into teenagers and I am sure when the time comes she will think about it.:flowers:

Surgeons don´t turn anybody back into teenagers, just to people looking good for their age (if they don´t exaggerate with surgeries) or to ridiculous masks (surgeries addicts). I hope she won´t choose the second way... I doubt her husband would appreciate it.

Sad :sad:

Did he live in Vienna ?

Yes, according to the article posted by UserDane, they (have) lived in Vienna, Christina Manley's birthplace, for the past two years. Before Joachim married Marie, they lived at Schackenborg to be close to their daughter.

My condolences. It's hard to lose a parent, no matter how old a child is, you think your parents will live forever.:sad:

How sad. I hope that Alexandra and her family have the strength to handle the mourning. May God bless Richard Manley and his family!

It would be interesting to see who of the DRF will attend the funeral.

Very sad news. My condolences to his wife and children...:sad:

Maybe Prince Joachim will attend the funeral? That would not be surprising.

My thoughts go out to Alexandra and her family. I do think that it would be a lovely gesture if Joachim attended the funeral. It would be a nice way to show support for his children, who have just lost their grandfather.

Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??

Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??

No they was at school at the time..but they wear both collectet by the countess and Martin Jørgensen..

I wonder if the royal family woud send som flowers to the funeral..after all Mr. and Mrs. Mandley was Prince Joachims first in-laws and it i offen godt the fealing that the Mandlyes and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik (senior) had a good relationship with each other.

My condolonces to the family.

I am sure Joahim had a lot of apreciation for them, that he divorce his daughter does not have anything to do wifeeling towards them after all after they divorce they were still living his home until his marriage with Marie, that tell something !
mu condolonces to the family!

Oh that is so sad. I am sure he lived a long and happy life. He was able to appreciate that his daughter, Alexandra, moved on and found happines in her personal life as well.. That is all a parent wants for their child.....happiness.

This is very sad news. My condolences to Alexandra, Martin, Nikolai, Felix and the extended family

Very sad for the boys to lose their grandfather, as well as Alexandra her father. Joachim, who has impeccable manners with matters such as this will surely pay his respects and be there to support his children. Perhaps Marie will join him, showing that she also feels the loss for the family. The foursome has been on friendly terms from the outset, so it would not be surprising.

Isn't it true that the Manleys lived on the grounds of Schackenborg rather than the house itself? I would think it would be a bit awkward to entertain Marie when she visited with them under the same roof.

The Manleys lived in a home on the grounds of Schackenborg. I think that we can be sure that Prince Joachim will attend the funeral.

My sincere condolences to Alexandra. How sad for her whole family.

Has already occured the funeral of the Contess's father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom