The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,032
The Belgian Consort is a Queen , the Danish Consort is a Prince?. Will He attend ??
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Any additional details on what the Queen said in the interview ?
I have not checked yet, but I suppose she was asked what she always is asked about by Danish/foreign media:

Are you going to abdicate? QMII: No.

Why not? QMII: I feel that this is a duty for life.

Next interview: Same questions/answers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Belgian Consort is a Queen , the Danish Consort is a Prince?. Will He attend ??
He attended the events (including the state banquets) for the state visits from Mexico and Iceland, so I assume that he's going to attend.
__________________

__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 7,574
video of the interview the Queen gave to Belgium press
Margrethe ... les confidences d'une reine
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 19,945


The queen was talking about the family ties with the Belgian RF and how her mother told her about Queen Astrid.
The interviewer told HM about how King Filip and Queen Mathilde are forming a team, asking the Danish monarch how she does that with her husband. The queen said that her hsband was now slowing down but that he will be attending the Belgian State Visit.

The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do.

The interviewer even asked about her smoking habits. She said it is known that she smokes, everybody knows about it and she does not pretend othherwise: 'at least I am not a hypocrite'.

The queen just oozes charm btw and so relaxed and open in fron tof the camera.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post


The queen was talking about the family ties with the Belgian RF and how her mother told her about Queen Astrid.
The interviewer told HM about how King Filip and Queen Mathilde are forming a team, asking the Danish monarch how she does that with her husband. The queen said that her hsband was now slowing down but that he will be attending the Belgian State Visit.

The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do.

The interviewer even asked about her smoking habits. She said it is known that she smokes, everybody knows about it and she does not pretend othherwise: 'at least I am not a hypocrite'.

The queen just oozes charm btw and so relaxed and open in fron tof the camera.

I wonder why the Queen chose to answer the questions in English when she is fluent in French.

That also makes me wonder what language she will use on her speech at the state banquet. In the recent Dutch state visit, she spoke in English, but I was hoping she would speak in French this time.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 11,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I wonder why the Queen chose to answer the questions in English when she is fluent in French.

That also makes me wonder what language she will use on her speech at the state banquet. In the recent Dutch state visit, she spoke in English, but I was hoping she would speak in French this time.
Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.
Yes, that makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: T., Belgium
Posts: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.
The reason is more simple actually. There were 2 journalists: A french speaking one for TV and a Dutch speaking one for some newspapers. English was the language all three of them were at ease in because the newspaper man's French isn't great. (The queen just gave one interview, to both of them at the same time).
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
He attended the events (including the state banquets) for the state visits from Mexico and Iceland, so I assume that he's going to attend.
According to the court and the press programme, Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit. Princess Elisabeth is scheduled to attend the State Banquet.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:32 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,032
Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit ! Sad .
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
According to the court and the press programme, Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit. Princess Elisabeth is scheduled to attend the State Banquet.

Didn't Queen Margrethe say in the interview to the Belgian TV that Prince Henrik would take part in the State Visit ? Do you think he and the Queen may have had an argument about that afterwards ?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Didn't Queen Margrethe say in the interview to the Belgian TV that Prince Henrik would take part in the State Visit ? Do you think he and the Queen may have had an argument about that afterwards ?
I don't know what she has said.

This was confirmed today by the Lord Chamberlain at a press meeting re the State Visit. PH is not mentioned in the press programme for the State Visit which was released at the meeting.

Mentioned here under "Forste statsbesog uden prins Henrik"
Prinsesse Benedikte aflyser alle officielle opgaver | BILLED-BLADET
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Edited post again, sorry.

See Marengo's post above about what the Queen had said.

I find it odd that the Queen would mention Prince Henrik's attendance when he was not included in the official program. Hence my suspicion that Henrik was originally expected to attend, but had another of his famous "temper tantrums" afterwards. Of course, that is just speculation on my part.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:35 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,032
The late Prince Richard of SWB did not like Prince Henrik wearing such a lot of decorations . I read yesterday that their relationship was warm. Maybe he is too sad !
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 19,945


that is what she said indeed, around minute 3:45: 'he will be there for the visit'.



I suppose he has still two weeks to hange his mind, if he has a tantrum indeed.

I thought the official policy of the court was not to add Hendrik to the guest list in advance. If he does come: all the better. If he does not: no harm done. In this case it is likely that there was some miscommunication.

Another option is that he will meet the king and queen privately of course.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: T., Belgium
Posts: 2,472
To get into the mood, here's a look back at the Danish state visit to Belgium, when king Albert II received queen Margrethe II, in 2002.

Queen Mathilde: Flashback: Danish state visit
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,032
Queen Mathilde does not have the Order of the Olifant and King Philippe has the Order but not the Collar.
I suppose they will receive their Danish Decorations at their arrival and will wear them at the First Gala Evening.
I don't know if Crown Princess Mary will receive the Belgian Order of Leopold ?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
To get into the mood, here's a look back at the Danish state visit to Belgium, when king Albert II received queen Margrethe II, in 2002.

Queen Mathilde: Flashback: Danish state visit
Back then, it appears that there were actually two tiara events during the State Visit. Queen Paola wore the Nine Provinces at the white-tie banquet and the Art Deco bandeau at the black-tie dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Queen Mathilde does not have the Order of the Olifant and King Philippe has the Order but not the Collar.
I suppose they will receive their Danish Decorations at their arrival and will wear them at the First Gala Evening.
I don't know if Crown Princess Mary will receive the Belgian Order of Leopold ?
Philippe should receive the Collar, and Mathilde should receive the Order of the Elephant now. As for Mary and Marie, should Belgium follow it's usual procotol, they will receive the Order of the Crown (if Marie receives anything).
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
... [snipped] The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do. ...[snipped]
Thanks for summarising the interview!
I do not understand questions about a possible abdication though.
__________________

__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
denmark, king philippe, queen margrethe, queen mathilde, state visit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State Visit from Argentina to The Netherlands: March 27-28, 2017 Kingen Dutch Royals 81 03-29-2017 04:19 AM
Icelandic State Visit to Denmark: January 24-26, 2017 Kingen Royal House of Denmark 60 02-04-2017 03:15 PM
State Visit from Turkey to Denmark: March 17-19, 2014 dazzling Royal House of Denmark 77 03-28-2014 04:41 PM




Popular Tags
biography british royal family britishroyals camilla clothes commonwealth games crown princess victoria current events current events thread denmark documentary duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh duke of york dutch royal family family fashion felipe vi forum general royal discussion genetics gloucester gordon hohenzollern jack brooksbank juan carlos kate middleton king felipe and queen letizia current events king willem-alexander ladies-in-waiting lineage meghan markle member monarchy patron porphyria prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon prince of belgium princess alexia princess beatrice princess claire princess diana princess eugenie public image queen elisabeth queen elizabeth queen maxima quizz remarriage royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york smith state visit surname sweden swedish royal registry tradition visit from sweden wedding windsor windsor castle ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises