Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

The photo session is scheduled to start at 11:30 Danish time - which was seven minutes ago.

What about calling people holding an American citizenship Americans??

An "indianer" in Danish is not a derogative at all, but I understand your message. Since it is not part of European history it is not stigmatised in the same way, as I understand it is in the US.
Everyone in Scandinavia knows, that in the US they are called Native Americans and i doubt anyone would call them Indians to their face.

I agree, the term "indian" does not sound derogative in the Scandinavian languages. I would never use it in English, though. On the contrary, the word "native" could sound derogative, at least in Swedish. We do not have a good equivalent, only the word "infödd", but that would refer to everyone who was born in the Americas. Another form of the word for "native" is "inföding", which was used earlier and which sounds very derogative.

I am myself a native Swede, but I don't know how to say that in a neutral way in Swedish.

How cute, love the family of Prince Frederik and Princess Mary..

The twins look really adorable!
I'd like close.ups of them, to see if their eyes are blue or dark (Josephine's coouring in general seems darkish, but i'm not so sure about Vincent, whose hair look blondish) and if they take after Frederik or Mary the most.
Isabella is quite sparkling and very cute as well, and I find it very sweet that her dress matches her jouger sister's: being the two only girls in the whole new generation of the DRF (for the moment at least...), I do hope they grow up being clse friends. Isabella seems quite attentive to Josephine for the time being, by the way...
The same goes for Vincent and his cousin little Henrik: I find particularly cute the pic where they are sit one next to the other, I can see them playing a lot together in the future, also because Nikolaj, Felix and to some extent even Christian are way too old for them.
Christian is the one child I warm to the least, I'm afraid to say, in the case of this photoshop, while I found him cute e.g. at the twins' christening.

Last edited:
OHHH MY GOD!!!! the babies are so adorable and cute!!!
what a beautiful family indeed, one of my favourite:flowers:

What a beautiful photos! The whole family looks great. Vincent & Josephine are so cute!! Isabella & Josephine have the same dress but is different in the neckline. For me Vincent looks like Mary.

hehehe, is it only my impression or Josie doesn't look exactly thrilled when granpa Henrik is holding her?

those babys are really big!!They look really cute...but the boy look a little mroe cute than the girl maybe because she is a bit more hubby than he...
it is wonderful that princess Mary has choosen the same dresses for the girls... this year everyone looks very relax!

No close-ups of little Henrik?

Last edited:
These babies are just gorgeous, healthy and well cared for by the looks of things. The whole family look happy today, last year, not so much. And I love the bright colours they are wearing and the garden setting.
Issy and Chris love their little siblings!!

Photo number 19 looks like Pss Josephine is telling Princess Isabella a secret :wub:

That's unbelievable precious, is it wrong that I want to steal that little girl? :p

Baby Vincent has a little comb over going on.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Can we steal her and Prince Christian together? :ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO:

How about we steal all four? Seeing Vincent and Josephine just makes me want to start a family of my own. :flowers:

But there's was also present another "star"- a brown dachshund who was seeking attention from his/her masters but they were delighted with little princes... ;_))

They're all so beautiful!
Vincent looks so identical to Christian, Isabella's smile is just flawless, Christian is just so incredibly sweet & little Josephine's cheeks are adorable & pinchable.
the Queen looks so proud :)

Great pictures of the family! Hopefully a video will appear at some stage!

Last edited by a moderator:
And I love the way Mary holds Josephine "the right way" to show off her dress, vs. Grandfather, who, like a man, just crumples it up!

Those are lovely pictures of the family and great to see that the twins have made their appearance as well. I hope this is not that start of Bella and Josephine in matching outfits when they're out together.
I really liked the the fact that the pictures were taken in the gardens and not the usually step pictures.

Back
Top Bottom