The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

UGENS AVIS - Gråsten Avis

Yesterday, Monday, Frederik, Mary and the children arrived and moved in at Gråsten. They will stay for 3 weeks. I hope they will have a wonderful time and be left alone from the press most of the time.
Hope they have a nice and quiet time. They seem to enjoy staying here and going out to the surrounding areas

Old 06-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

A Danish local woman wrote yesterday on the newssite Frederik&Mary Facebook that she saw Mary with a dog in Gråsten. She wrote a comment and tagged her friend. Like: "Oh that's why we saw Mary and the dog today, Clara".

So that made me wonder if we soon will get a picture from Mary with the CP-familiy's new little family member? It could also just be another dog, so we must wait and see....

Old 07-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Majesty

BB informs us in the magazine issue this week that M&F will stay at Gråsten for about three weeks.
That will include the ringrider procession on the 16th July. - As you may recall quite a few of us were disappointed last year, when M&F left just before the procession. But this year the PR man from the ringrider Processions is looking forward to M&F being there.
I imagine they will leave shortly after the procession.

QMII will also be there on the 16th.

Benedikte and her children will arrive sometime during July.

J&M and children are not mentioned in the article, so I think it's doubtful they will be there for the annual photo shoot. Instead I expect we will get a separate summer shoot with them.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah, the annual Gråsten photo call will soon be upon us - I always look forward to it and it will be, once again, great to see everyone there this year.

When do the schools break up for the summer in Denmark? I have in my head that it's sometime between this week and the next, but I'm not sure.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Administrator

The Danish summer holidays started on June 24 and will end on August 8. The first school day after the holidays is on August 9.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BB informs us in the magazine issue this week that M&F will stay at Gråsten for about three weeks.
That will include the ringrider procession on the 16th July. - As you may recall quite a few of us were disappointed last year, when M&F left just before the procession. But this year the PR man from the ringrider Processions is looking forward to M&F being there.
I imagine they will leave shortly after the procession.

QMII will also be there on the 16th.

Benedikte and her children will arrive sometime during July.

J&M and children are not mentioned in the article, so I think it's doubtful they will be there for the annual photo shoot. Instead I expect we will get a separate summer shoot with them.
Hopefully Frederik and Mary are at the ringrider parade and the annual shoot. The kids seem to have enjoy themselves watching the horses and riders, two years back.
It will be really disappointing if Joachim skips the Queen's summer photo shoot for the third year straight. I think the Queen enjoys bringing the family together at Gråsten. And it kinda does not make sense for Joachim to do his own.

Looking forward to all the pictures
Old 07-02-2017, 04:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Danish summer holidays started on June 24 and will end on August 8. The first school day after the holidays is on August 9.
I don't know about other schools in Denmark but for Christian and Isabella, the last day of summer holiday is Friday the 11th and I assume they go back to school on Monday the 14th.

Tranegårdskolen - Feriekalender
Old 07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Administrator

I once read that schools in Denmark can decide for themselves when they'd like to have their first day of school after the summer break. Of course only in a predetermined span of a couple of days, not weeks So schools can decide to add a few more days, instead of starting school in the middle of a week.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you, iceflower and Nordic for answering my questions about the Danish term dates.

Here in England schools break up on July 21, but private schools can choose to break up earlier if they wish. When I attended a private school, I always broke up in early July (usually between July 5 - 10). Schools often go back in the first week of September.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Beutiful pictures of Frederik and Mary who horse ride around in Grasten

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik horse ride in Gråsten | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I don't know about other schools in Denmark but for Christian and Isabella, the last day of summer holiday is Friday the 11th and I assume they go back to school on Monday the 14th.

Tranegårdskolen - Feriekalender

The website says they have holliday from 26/6 until 11/8
Old 07-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

always nice to see them horseback riding. Year after year, it seems like its an activity they both enjoy. Nice there is a forest nearby
Old 07-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful pictures Eya

But even more beautiful if they haven't been there - the pictures - can't the media just left the Crown Prince Couple alone a few weeks during a year.

Anyway, F&M (and the children) obviously love to horseback riding in the beautiful scenery around Gråsten. While Mary always has been in love with horses, I see Frederik has come to enjoy horses just as much.

The Gråsten Ring Riders Parade 2017

Quote:
On 16th July
The Regent Couple and the Crown Prince Family will receive the ring riders parade at Gråsten Castle 12 noon.
Yaeh lovely summer news!
I enjoyed so much when Frederik, Mary and all four children recieved the ring riders at Gråsten. Do you remember the delightful and funny pictures?

Now we can look forward to many more in next weekend.

Here a nice little look back from 2015 And Josephine with her broken arm...
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Kronprin...27327080788047
Old 07-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the lovely trip down memory lane. The pictures from 2015 were wonderful! Glad they are joining the Queen and Henrik this year.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Do the horses belong to the royal family or do they ride horses from a near by stables? Also, do they ride during the year or just during their stay at Grasten?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Do the horses belong to the royal family or do they ride horses from a near by stables? Also, do they ride during the year or just during their stay at Grasten?
The answer is yes and no.

Certainly Mary's horse belongs to her personally, but the horses they ride are used daily by the Guards Hussars I understand. There are after all limited opportunities for M&F to ride every day as you probably should when you have a horse.
That's also why we most of the time see someone (often a senior NCO) from the Guards Hussars ride very close to M&F, while PET keeps a more discreet distance on bikes or in a car.
The reason being that the horses M&F ride are familiar with the horse the hussar rides and they probably also know the hussar and that calms them down and means they are less easily spooked.
Cavalry horses are special. Like with all herds (I think it's called) there is a pecking order among the horses, but among cavalry horses that pecking order is linked to the rank of their rider. So "private" horses tend to follow the mood of "NCO" horses who in return form in behind "officer" horses and left to themselves they would likely form some kind of formation, just as they are used to.

The horses the children ride are from the local riding school, as the Guards Hussars and Royal Stables don't have ponies.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Administrator

This time Mary and Isabella were spotted rinding, here's a pictured article:

** dailymail: Back on the horse: Princess Mary takes a break from royal duties to horse around..**
Old 07-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

The weather has improved over the past few days. It's perfect "activity-weather". That is, neither too hot nor too cold.

Again, notice the hussar-NCO close to Mary.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Does the Crown Prince's flag fly over the castle when he is in residence with his family for the first 3 weeks or the Danish flag?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Majesty

That'll be the Crown Prince Flag, as you say. And it'll fly there every day until M&F leaves or a higher ranking DRF member arrive. I.e. QMII.

On a day to day basis a "plain" Dannebrog will fly over Gråsten on flag-days.

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday