Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone knows for 100% who is who?
I can't recognize them all.

Fred and Joachim - obviously.
Gustav and his sisters (the blonde ladies).
All the Greek kids except Pavlos?

So, everybody except Pavlos?

All Queen Ingrid's grandchildren, their spouses and Matthew Kumar are there except for Princess Tatiana, Crown Prince Pavlos, Crown Princess Marie Chantal and Alexander Johannsmann

Yes, using the picture on the bridge (from left to right):
Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark (youngest son of Anne Marie)
Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark (wife of Philippos)
Matthew Kumar (fiancé of Theodora)
Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (youngest daughter of Anne Marie)
Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berlebrug (youngest daughter of Benedikte)
Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille (husband of Alexandra)
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (eldest daughter of Benedikte)
Princess Benedikte of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (middle sister)
Queen Margrethe of Denmark (eldest sister)
Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (middle son of Anne Marie)
Queen Anne Marie of Greece (younger sister)
Carlos Morales (husband of Alexia)
Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark (eldest daughter of Anne Marie)
Crown prince Frederik of Denmark (eldest son of Margrethe)
Crown princess Mary of Denmark (wife of Frederik)
Prince Joachim of Denmark (youngest son of Margrethe)
Princess Marie of Denmark (wife of Joachim)
Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (wife of Gustav)
Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (only son of Benedikte)

Not attending:
King Konstantinos of Greece (husband of Anne Marie)
Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark (wife of Nikolaos)
Alexander Johannsmann (husband of Nathalie)
Crown prince Pavlos of Greece (eldest son of Anne Marie)
Crown princess Marie-Chantal of Greece (wife of Pavlos)

Last edited:
Hopefully the pictures make King Constantine smile.

What are Pavlos and Marie-Chantal doing that they opted not to come?

Last edited:
Biri asked who was who, so I downloaded one of the pics and added numbers for ID'ing.
https://app.box.com/s/tr0d8h05a4ioxg8jzdt6n5ac7uz2akrz
Attention! Large file.

All the pics can be downloaded for free and in high res here: https://www.kongehuset.dk/kongehuse...-Slot&Id=b1286f78-bd5b-43b6-89df-24441ba71c8f
They can also be used on websites, provided you giver proper credit to photographer and the DRF.

Thanks Muhler. That explains quite alot! If the acknowledgement of athletes did not start until so later into her reign, I would not be shocked that it was probably at Frederik's urging for that to start. The Dutch and Belgian royals are very good about posting congratulatory messages to athletes/teams which is a small (to the eyes of some) but good thing to do. I do hope we see more of that. I was a bit surprised that there was no acknowledgment of the Invictus athletes on the DRF social media for instance. I would have thought Frederik would post given his involvement in both military and sport, but maybe those messages have to come from the monarch and your explanation now put a different light on that. I think that should have been done.

On July 25th, there was a "cousin's gathering" arranged by QMII, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte. Almost all of Frederik IX's grandchildren and their spouses. The photos were taken today, July 25th.
Here are the links to the Instagram post and the DRF website post of the photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcTYhAjt8e/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/sammenkomst-paa-graasten-slot

I think the attitude slowly began to change whit Frederik running a marathon and his subsequent interest in sports and physical activity.
I'd say it took about ten years before athletes truly began to be acknowledged officially by the DRF.
Until then it was mainly people who was affiliated with culture as well as entrepreneurs.

It's good to see extended family together.
I wonder if they brought their children? If so it would no doubt have been very lively!

I really like the pictures with (just) the cousins as well. Especially Joachim looks so happy (and a bit out of character).

What a nice Family gathering. Such a Pity that Pavlos as the only one of the cousins was not there. And of course King Konstantin is also missing.

All Queen Ingrid's grandchildren, their spouses and Matthew Kumar are there except for Princess Tatiana, Crown Prince Pavlos, Crown Princess Marie Chantal and Alexander Johannsmann

Wonder if not some of the great-grandchildren (partly the danish ones) were also there but not included into the pics for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

He was indeed. But it is not the first time I think. Let's hope he was otherwise engaged.
A pity that the Greek crown prince and princess did not make it.

Lovely to see nearly all cousins and partners together. The Queen and her sisters must have enjoyed the gathering a lot as it is usually very difficult to get such a large family together.

I was just wondering if they would have a big Christmas gathering this year, but here they are allready. Just like in the days of Queen Ingrid, only one of her grandchildren missing.

:previous:

Alexander Johannsmann is the husband of Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of Princess Benedikte.

And there are no news about Theodora and Matthew's wedding plans.

Seems so and Princess Tatiana of Greece was also missing.

What a wonderful family gathering!

According to Tatiana's Instagram, she was on business in Germany. Pavlos wished his daughter a happy birthday on Instagram, but he didn't say where they were.

No idea about Alexader Johansmann. Maybe it's just not his kind of thing.

According to Tatiana's Instagram, she was on business in Germany. Pavlos wished his daughter a happy birthday on Instagram, but he didn't say where they were.

No idea about Alexader Johansmann. Maybe it's just not his kind of thing.

Maria Olympia celebrated her birthday in Greece, according to her mum's instagram account.

It's nice that it's been more than 150 years, and there are still huge summer family reunions in Denmark. ;) Christian IX and Louise must surely be happy.

It's nice that it's been more than 150 years, and there are still huge summer family reunions in Denmark. ;) Christian IX and Louise must surely be happy.

I'll bet Queen Ingrid is looking down with a smile, too!

:previous: :flowers:

The changing of the guards takes place on Friday noon only when QMII is in residence there. (Marselisborg too, I think.) And with a reduced band from the Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment.
That makes it possible for these professional musicians to have their three weeks of summer holiday over the course of about eight weeks from late June to Early August.

That does not apply to fifers and drummers though, they are conscript signalmen. Not in the modern definition of course.
Back when the Royal Lifeguard Regiment was a regiment of the line, (*) grenadiers to be exact, drummers were placed next to the commanding officer of a unit, to drum the signals to the unit. With the fifer being a reserve. - Signalmen were then as now vital for commanding a unit in action.
The music corps doubled as stretcher bearers. Often wearing uniforms that were "reversed" (say red tunics instead of blue, with blue trousers instead of red) to their regiment, marking them as non-combatants. And as such that reversal of their uniform would often protect them against enemy fire.

(*) I.e. a regular combat regiment fighting in formation, typically a battle line for the infantry.
That in contrast to specialized jäger regiments or fusiliers who would more often fight in open formation as say skirmishers or providing flank security and the other countless jobs such regiments had.
Not to mention militia regiments, who were not professional, but called up when needed.

Last edited:
That's not just a car, it's a Bugatti. :cool::cool:
You drive a Bugatti for fun and a Maybach for discreet elegance.

Looks like Joachim would love to take it for a serious spin - probably could as well.
Hardly CO2 neutral but no doubt a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom