Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, I'll look forward to that.

Usually the girls take center stage when the procession pass the CP-family. Not least Josephine, who doesn't mind the attention. :D

However, this year I wonder if Christian doesn't get quite a few bouquets.

Vincent who is already grandma-bait, will probably attract girls like flies next year.

It means that if the CP-family isn't already at Gråsten, they must be arriving Saturday or so.
They are in luck with the weather here. It's not too warm and not too cold either. Just perfect, some 22-25 degrees C. (71-77 F)

BB will cover the whole thing live: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ngelige-deltagere-til-sommerfest-ved-graasten

And from the article it's pretty clear that QMII will not be present, so full focus on the CP family.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Sunday, The Crown Prince's family receives Gråsten Ringriderforening's procession.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/kalender/kronprinsfamilien-modtager-graasten-ringriderforenings-optog-1

Always a loving event with the family greeting the many riders and horses.

Wonderful! Something to look forward!! The summer drought is frustrating (even if understandable) lol...especially with other royals still doing events and announcing visits (i mean it is a state/official visit palooza everywhere else!, etc.) LOL. So seeing the CP Family on Sunday will be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
QMII will be officially received when she arrives at Gråsten on Monday.

So that's confirmed, no QMII around on Sunday.

It also suggests to me that M&F are already at Gråsten and have been there for some time - at least a week I'd guess.
It will be interesting to see if they leave later Sunday or stay a few days with farmor Margrethe. - We may hope for an official photoshoot as well, but I think the chances for that are slim.

I'm pretty delighted actually, because us not knowing that M&F are at Gråsten means they have been left pretty much in peace by both the public and the press.
As you know we have often seen photos of the family going to or from a nearby riding school and similar stuff.
I hope they have enjoyed their stay in Gråsten, the weather as said previously has been good.

QMII will be officially received when she arrives at Gråsten on Monday.

So that's confirmed, no QMII around on Sunday.

It also suggests to me that M&F are already at Gråsten and have been there for some time - at least a week I'd guess.
It will be interesting to see if they leave later Sunday or stay a few days with farmor Margrethe. - We may hope for an official photoshoot as well, but I think the chances for that are slim.

I'm pretty delighted actually, because us not knowing that M&F are at Gråsten means they have been left pretty much in peace by both the public and the press.
As you know we have often seen photos of the family going to or from a nearby riding school and similar stuff.
I hope they have enjoyed their stay in Gråsten, the weather as said previously has been good.

I actually enjoy their appearance at the parade being a kind of summer photo shoot. You get to actually see them doing something and IMO it is less awkward.

Thanks Muhler I thought there was something happening with my computer.
The family has arrived Christian is not there.
Joesphine dress is lovely so summery.

A few observations based on the photos. :flowers:

It was Mary - and Josephine's day. No surprise there. Josephine being a lovely little ham.
It looks to me that Josephine knew some of the riders, probably from the nearby riding school.
Frederik wisely opted to take the backseat and allow Mary and his youngest to shine.
Vincent is a typical boy. Horses... big deal! He needs to learn to conceal his yawning though. He's getting to old now to get away with that anymore.
He is undeniable a very loving boy. And it's good to see him and Frederik having a dad.son time together. - Vrooom!
Isabella was more passive that I'd expected.
And Christian... well, he has reached the age, where he'd rather go on holiday with his friends. A pity for us but you are only a teen once, eh?

A bucketload of articles from BB:
First a video: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...foele-se-hvordan-mary-og-frederik-og-boernene
Josephine in a dress from Only:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...esse-josephine-var-fin-i-sin-himmelblaa-kjole
Bella:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...lla-overtager-med-stil-prins-christians-rolle
Vincent goofing with dad:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/prins-vincent-pjatter-med-far
Josephine, being... well... Josephine:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/prinsesse-josephine-goer-lykke-ved-slottet
Mary in a dress from Mirae:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/elegant-i-graasten-mary-i-sommerkjole-fra-paris

The weather is balmy today, so their attire was weather-appropriate.

Does anyone know why Isabella might be wearing a 'B' as pendant on her necklace? Is it for her nickname 'Bella' or are there any other theories?

And Mary probably was sorry she picked this dress when they walked out as she had some trouble keeping her dress in check...

Does anyone know why Isabella might be wearing a 'B' as pendant on her necklace? Is it for her nickname 'Bella' or are there any other theories?

And Mary probably was sorry she picked this dress when they walked out as she had some trouble keeping her dress in check...

I would guess it's for "Bella", as she must go by. Presumably not trying to emulate Anne Boleyn.

Yesterday, July 17, Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Vincent were seen driving a Bugatti car:

** BB article: Herlig dag: Kronprins Frederik og prins Vincent nød en rigtig herretur **

This morning, July 18, Queen Margrethe arrived at Aabenraa Harbor with the royal ship Dannebrog, was driven to Gråsten and was welcomed with a reception:

** BB article: Kæmpe byfest: Dronning Margrethe modtaget for fuld musik **

** BB article: Dronning Margrethe bød på overraskelse på torvet **

** kongehuset: Ankomst til Aabenraa Havn og modtagelse på Torvet i Gråsten **

Last edited:
TV2 said on their news tonight that the CP family will stay at Gråsten for a few days while QMII is there as well.

A few days ... and Joachim is in Cayx Castle. She will be alone the whole Summer.

Oh, I guess Benedikte will join her. And perhaps Queen Anne-Marie will drop by as well.

As always wonderful to see the 3 royals sisters together for the annual Summer Holiday.

It sure is!

Far from all siblings maintain a good relationship all their lives and I'm sure they have plenty to gossip about.

King Constantine must be better as Queen Anne Marie could go to Denmark and have happy times with her Sisters.

They look great! Queen Margrethe looks rested and relaxed, and Queen Anne-Marie looks like she's lost weight -- she's even younger looking than usual. And Princess Benedikte always looks wonderful. Having their sister get-togethers must do them all a world of good.

While I'm in no doubt QMII is genuinely delighted for Vingegaard, I can't really imagine her sitting and watch cycling.
Or any other sport for that matter, perhaps with the exception of figure skating, as it is a bit like ballet.

Her sisters though, that could be more likely. And cycles are after all called "ironhorses".

It is possible that Queen Margrethe is not attracted to cycling, but the cyclist is Danish, and that always changes the perception....This is the triumph of Denmark

I love seeing these photos of the three sisters. They are very close.
And I admit it, I like to see that Queen Anne Marie has traveled to Denmark, because this is proof that King Constantine, within his pathologies, is well.

The photograph of them watching cycling on television, I love it, they are following the cyclist , very attentively.

I don't think she has been cycling a lot in her life.
Having problems with her depth perception she may feel "clumsy" and not at ease on a cycle.
And sports generally doesn't interest her much, no secret about that. It's only towards the latter half of her reign that athletes have been honored and acknowledged by her.
So while being perfectly able and willing to acknowledge the effort and the result of Vingegaard's accomplishment, I doubt she has been watching much Tour de France, finding it perhaps marginally more interesting than counting needles on a cactus. ?

But that doesn't mean she can't become quite enthusiastic when she does sit down to watch sports, she sure can! We have seen that before in connection with the Olympics.

But Queen Anne-Marie and Benedikte... I think they would have followed Vingegaard much more attentively - and been perfectly willing to explain all the nuances of the race to their older sister.

Vingegaard will be celebrated - a lot - when he returns to DK and I imagine he will meet QMII as well at some point.

Anyway, the outcome of this year's Tour couldn't have been better for Frederik, who has taken an active part in promoting DK as a starting point. He must be over the moon these days.

I don't think she has been cycling a lot in her life.
Having problems with her depth perception she may feel "clumsy" and not at ease on a cycle.
And sports generally doesn't interest her much, no secret about that. It's only towards the latter half of her reign that athletes have been honored and acknowledged by her.
So while being perfectly able and willing to acknowledge the effort and the result of Vingegaard's accomplishment, I doubt she has been watching much Tour de France, finding it perhaps marginally more interesting than counting needles on a cactus. ?

But that doesn't mean she can't become quite enthusiastic when she does sit down to watch sports, she sure can! We have seen that before in connection with the Olympics.

But Queen Anne-Marie and Benedikte... I think they would have followed Vingegaard much more attentively - and been perfectly willing to explain all the nuances of the race to their older sister.

Vingegaard will be celebrated - a lot - when he returns to DK and I imagine he will meet QMII as well at some point.

Anyway, the outcome of this year's Tour couldn't have been better for Frederik, who has taken an active part in promoting DK as a starting point. He must be over the moon these days.

Thanks Muhler. That explains quite alot! If the acknowledgement of athletes did not start until so later into her reign, I would not be shocked that it was probably at Frederik's urging for that to start. The Dutch and Belgian royals are very good about posting congratulatory messages to athletes/teams which is a small (to the eyes of some) but good thing to do. I do hope we see more of that. I was a bit surprised that there was no acknowledgment of the Invictus athletes on the DRF social media for instance. I would have thought Frederik would post given his involvement in both military and sport, but maybe those messages have to come from the monarch and your explanation now put a different light on that. I think that should have been done.

On July 25th, there was a "cousin's gathering" arranged by QMII, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte. Almost all of Frederik IX's grandchildren and their spouses. The photos were taken today, July 25th.
Here are the links to the Instagram post and the DRF website post of the photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcTYhAjt8e/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/sammenkomst-paa-graasten-slot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom