Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics the children have grown so fast .... its unbelievable

Last edited by a moderator:
Really lovely holiday photos of the Crown Princely Family.

Last edited:
Thanks, Eya. - If they are lucky they should get sunshine and 24 degrees C today around Gråsten.

Ain't much of a summer we are having this July! Perhaps August will be better - when people have returned form holiday and the schools start again. :D

“A couple of wonderful memories” could very well mean that the CP family has left Gråsten and moved on to elsewhere in Denmark.

The CP family has been at Gråsten for 3 weeks now. 3 weeks with not so good summer weather, so I can imagine if they have moved on.
They usually stay at Gråsten for 2-3 weeks.

According to a magazine the Crown Prince family and the Queen will not travel outside Denmark this summer. They have decided to follow the official recommendations to only travel abroad if necessary.

I do hope our Crown Prince family can go on their usual unofficial summer cruise onboard Dannebrog around in Denmark :flowers:

Last edited:
Lovely photos of the CP family! Christian has changed so much in lockdown - he looks a lot older and more like Frederik now IMO. Josephine certainly seems to be a mini Mary. It looks very hot and sunny in Denmark at the moment.

Thanks, Polyesco.

Not that many details though.

It was a loud party.
It took place Thursday evening. The friends stayed overnight and went for a walk in Gråsten with Frederik as you can see in the photo.

The children are now allowed to walk to the riding school (some 400 meters away) on their own. (Presumably with PET officers around though.)

Last edited:
In the picture in the Se og Hor article, is Queen Margrethe wearing a hearing aid or is that just the ends of her glasses? I don't think I've ever noticed her wearing a hearing aid, but good for her, if she does! So many people are too vain about that. https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/frederik-og-mary-holdt-hof-fest-paa-slottet

Yes, I agree she is wearing a hearing aid. Sorry she is losing her hearing but she gives other people the courage to wear hearing aids....it is very hard for some people.

QMII has been wearing a hearing aid for years now.

Queen Margrethe remains loyal to her style of having belts tied around her stomach. I think the appearance would improve when the Queen leaves these belts in the drawer. Her sisters are the living examples.

"A very special cycling team got a surprise when they turned down towards Graasten Castle this afternoon. Here Her Majesty the Queen stood ready to receive the whole team together with Her Majesty Queen Anne-Marie and Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte"

"the three sisters spent aboard the Royal Ship Dannebrog, which sailed the Majesties and Her Royal Highness up and down the coast of Sønderborg Bay"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQl-7PUA8xz/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQnTChFADbf/

https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hm-dronningen-modtager-cykelhold-fra-ride4rehab

Last edited:
The team consists of wounded soldiers.

In DK it has been a deliberate part of the physical as well as the psychological haling process to encourage wounded and invalid soldiers to get involved in intense sports activities.
Some have even gone as far as taking part in the para-Olympics.

It is so unusual to see the once tall and statuesque Queen now be the shortest of the three sisters.

Comparing with her elder sister, the Queen, Princess Benedikte, even at minor royal engagements such as this, is always so elegantly dressed!

QMII herself has pointed out that stains simply don't dare come anywhere near Benedikte! And that's how it has always been. :lol:

Since it seems like QMII and sisters stay at Gråsten in the early part of the summer, I think we can hope for M&F to take over in a week or two - and remain there for the annual ringrider-procession.
DK has basically opened up now, no masks are required except in public transport and a few other places. gatherings are allowed as well.
So we can hope to see Mary and the children particular receiving flowers from the riders. That includes my favorite-ham within the DRF, Josephine.

ADDED: Another member has made me aware that the ringrider procession this year has been cancelled.
However, I think there is still hope.
Because the vaccination process which was scheduled to end in September has been rolled forward by weeks, due to DK buying a million doses of vaccines from Romania and extra large deliveries of the vaccines already ordered.
So I think there is a hope that some sort of ringrider event will be able to take place after all.
I mean we have huge crowds gathering to watch - and not least celebrate - soccer. Restaurants, family events, shows and other major public gatherings are almost back to normal by now.

Last edited:
The Court has released a spectacular rainbow photo of Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte (and someone else ;)) at Grasten. It was taken on the eve of the soccer match between Denmark and England and the ladies wore red and white in support of their team ?

** Pic ** instagram post **

That's a wonderful photo and post. :lol:
They are gonna shovel in likes on that one!

But I find it hard to imagine QMII watching a soccer match, no matter how interesting it may be.
Benedikte might - if they players were riding horses.

The Court has released a spectacular rainbow photo of Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte (and someone else ;)) at Grasten. It was taken on the eve of the soccer match between Denmark and England and the ladies wore red and white in support of their team ?

** Pic ** instagram post **
I thought Queen Margrethe was the tallest sister. Both look good :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom