Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On DRW's, they have a link to a video of it, and on the video the dog is licking Christian. It's so sweet, the dog has to be good with kids.

Like I said in the Christian and Isabella thread, I think Christian is getting more teeth. He was fussier than we've ever seen him, and he chewed on his fingers, also something we haven't seen. Those are both signs of teething. I think Isabella was fussy because most three-month-olds tend to be!

Wow wow pretty boy Prince Christian happy and his grandmother Queen Margrethe is favorite grandchildren!!!! Not photo come to Gråsten slot Queen Anne-Marie with royal family Greece???

Soriagirl, I think it's not been that terrible that they both cried, as little
babies and children do so quite often,:)

Oh, I didn't mean anything by it, of course it's normal. I remember Maxima in a photo shoot with one of her girls that wouldn 't stop crying. I just think it's a shame for picture purposes, not because it's bad or unusual--after all they are just little tikes. I really didn't mean anything bad by my comment!

Don't worry about it, Soriagirl, we know you what you meant.:)

Not photo come to Gråsten slot Queen Anne-Marie with royal family Greece???

Yes, it is true. Queen Anne Marie and her husband King Constanine were in Greece this time. Apparently, they bought a house and I believe will reside there from now on.

:)

On DRW's, they have a link to a video of it, and on the video the dog is licking Christian. It's so sweet, the dog has to be good with kids.

Like I said in the Christian and Isabella thread, I think Christian is getting more teeth. He was fussier than we've ever seen him, and he chewed on his fingers, also something we haven't seen. Those are both signs of teething. I think Isabella was fussy because most three-month-olds tend to be!

Not to harm anyones feelings but I think its disgusting to be licked n the face by a dog. You never know where that tongue have been.
therwise I really love to see our lovely royal family.
They are so natural

how come the photoshoot was moved to a day in advance?

Little Christian is just being a typical little boy. He's 2 so he should have most of his teeth. But in the video it appears he didn't want to sit down for the photo shoot. My son who is one won't sit in his car seat or high chair. It's always a struggle. Even changing his diaper really needs two people!!! So I'm sure Christian wanted to follow the dog and say hello to the soliders and just run around. Who wouldn't with a captive audience. Isabella was most likely saying "You woke me up for this?" Sun and sound little ones don't like. I especially loved the video at legoland where Christian doesn't want to get off the train and wants to go again. So cute and kids are universal!

I think the photoshoot was moved up b/c the Queen is going to leave early. But I am not sure, I'm sure someone knows better. Henrik wasn't at the shoot as he was already in France.

I also loved Mary's outfit. Very pretty. Her bracelet I have seen in a catalog I once got in the mail. It wasn't too expensive. I thought it would look good on Mary, but never gave it another thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to harm anyones feelings but I think its disgusting to be licked n the face by a dog. You never know where that tongue have been.
therwise I really love to see our lovely royal family.
They are so natural

I agree with you in the sense that it's not a very hygienical thing, but that's something you can't avoid when you play with dogs :) . A friend of mine has a dog (a crazy and sweet Boxer) who licks everyone. I don't like it very much but what hey what can I do? hehe.

Well, they say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a humans. Anyway, Christian's a little boy, and little boys love all things germy and dirty and he probably would have licked the dog in return if his parents had let him :)

Wow! Christian and Isabella are soooo cute! Everytime I see them, I fall in love with them all over again. LOL

Mary's dress was beautiful. Great choice. Fred was as cute as ever. :)

F and M have such a happy family life- I love how they interact with each other.

Wow! Christian and Isabella are soooo cute! Everytime I see them, I fall in love with them all over again. LOL

Mary's dress was beautiful. Great choice. Fred was as cute as ever. :)

I think Christian is a lovely blend of his mother and his grandfather, Henrik. And Isabella well....she looks just like her father!!!

I say in 20 years, they and the little spanish royals will have all of Europe buzzing with their good looks and personality:wub::wub::wub::wub:

I like Mary's shoes but not her red sweater. It's good but I think green would look good when mixed w/ brown. Anyway, it seems that the family is having a difficult time having 2 kids crying!;) It's normal for babies though. I think Christian wants to go inside and play rather than being photographed. :lol::lol:

Christian and Isabella are soooo cute!!!!!!!
Thanks for all pictures and information.

thanks for the explanation on why the change of date!

i quite liked the kids. alexandra's children are adorable: richard is going to be such a heartbreaker when he is older.

i loved the fact that gustav and carina were there, i think they make a cute couple. carina's jacket is the same one mary wore the other day in legoland. whose do you think it is? they both have quite a similar style, so it's difficult to tell.

i liked mary's dress, although not sure if combined with that red cardigan and beige shoes. mary is however making a tradition when posing with dresses and skirts in grasten. i think she only posed with trousers once that i can remember...

Here's a new article from Ekstra Bladet giving praise to a young Christian for his waving skills. The poor kid is 19months old; he has no idea what he's doing, but that doesn't stop the journalist from over-exaggerating the situation.

The author notes that "Prince Christian demonstrates his [strong] frste walk..." and that he has "...real royal blood" running through his veins [I guess because he already knows how to wave properly or something like that.] By frste walk in his brief life prsterede he is a true royal, by waving to the nearly 500 citizens who have come to see him and the rest of the Danish royal family at Gråsten Slot. By keeping Queen Ingrid's tradition of having a family "get together" Margrethe has gathered some of the royal family for a presumably relaxing vacation time together.

Marching "in time..." with both Mary and Frederik by his side, the young Prince truly has the "royal angle". Caught up in the situation, Christian "marched in tune..." (no, he didn't. He was stomping his feet trying to march to the beat. He's an uncoordinated toddler not a rhythmic solider or [URL="http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/28/flatley28706_narrowweb__300x395,0.jpg"]Micheal Flatley[/URL] the Riverdance guy as one Danish reporter called Christian's dancing/marching skills "He's doing the Riverdance!")

During the photosession the writer notes how fussy [screaming] the kids were (who can blame them) and that everyone enjoyed their relaxing holiday vacation together.

There's more, but the author really doesn't say much (in fact I'm curious as to why the article was published in the first place. It's nothing but wasted fluff) except to praise his marching skills, Isabella is a beautiful, but fussy baby, and the author notes how the Queen is a good Nana (or something along those lines.)

Here's a new article from Ekstra Bladet giving praise to a young Christian for his waving skills. The poor kid is 19months old; he has no idea what he's doing, but that doesn't stop the journalist from over-exaggerating the situation.

The author notes that "Prince Christian demonstrates his [strong] frste walk..." and that he has "...real royal blood" running through his veins [I guess because he already knows how to wave properly or something like that.] By frste walk in his brief life prsterede he is a true royal, by waving to the nearly 500 citizens who have come to see him and the rest of the Danish royal family at Gråsten Slot. By keeping Queen Ingrid's tradition of having a family "get together" Margrethe has gathered some of the royal family for a presumably relaxing vacation time together.

Marching "in time..." with both Mary and Frederik by his side, the young Prince truly has the "royal angle". Caught up in the situation, Christian "marched in tune..." (no, he didn't. He was stomping his feet trying to march to the beat. He's an uncoordinated toddler not a rhythmic solider or [URL="http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/28/flatley28706_narrowweb__300x395,0.jpg"]Micheal Flatley[/URL] the Riverdance guy as one Danish reporter called Christian's dancing/marching skills "He's doing the Riverdance!")

During the photosession the writer notes how fussy [screaming] the kids were (who can blame them) and that everyone enjoyed their relaxing holiday vacation together.

There's more, but the author really doesn't say much (in fact I'm curious as to why the article was published in the first place. It's nothing but wasted fluff) except to praise his marching skills, Isabella is a beautiful, but fussy baby, and the author notes how the Queen is a good Nana (or something along those lines.)

It was probably written so that the author could get in the lines about the royals being paid for by the taxes, as well as the two crying royal babies, and a slap in Margrethe's direction by accusing her of pinching them to keep them quiet... Good nana indeed. Where Billed Bladet can be saccharine sweet, Ekstrabladet can be quite the opposite.

Mary looks so gorgeous in that blue dress :eek::flowers:

I think she looked nice, the color is beautiful but felt that it was a little to tight. Maybe tight is not the right word, too fitted.

Oh I loved this year's pictures. Great to see Mary, who looked beautiful, she's getting slim soo fast, Isabella, who's grown since her christening, Christian, who's just grown SO much and Fred who looks so happy with his family. :D

Bella's day in the sun - article

What a title? makes them sound very unmannered imo
Royal kids refuse to stand on ceremony - article

Bothe articles have the same picture of a smiling Mary & isabella on her lap - picture

Last edited:
A couple of more video clips here and here from the family holiday at Gråsten.

What a title? makes them sound very unmannered imo
Royal kids refuse to stand on ceremony - article

Dazzling, members have already been discussing the article here. :)

No, no not at all, Dazzling.:flowers:

I wasn't sure where I should have put it, when I first read the piece, but eventually we began a new topic specifically for general news that doesn't really "fit" in any one topic.

It's my fault. Sorry:)

It seems most Isabellas end up being called 'Bella'

Stellad

So the Australian media has already nicknamed her Bella?

Especially in Australia, names can't stay in their formal long hand for long.

We seem to shorten everything.
Even one of our Prime Ministers was called Hawkey instead of Bob Hawke. :rolleyes:

Prince Christian and his sister are getting into beauties while time is going on...They seems to have a very close relationship with their Grandmother, the Queen.

Vanesa.:wub:

What language does mary speak with the kids?

Back
Top Bottom