Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such beautiful children, each with their own unique personalities, I really love how casual the family is and how loving they are to each other but I have to second Wartenberg7 posting, Prince Vincent is just the cutest little guy!!

A remarkable sudden interest in Joachim and Marie I'd say...
Often when J&M have a solo summer photo shoot with their children they are accused of being attention seeking. Now when they for once didn't show up, that's bad as well.
Anyway, the press tend to focus on M&F's children, while J&M's children get a very limited coverage and the Berleburg children are virtually ignored.
There could be loads of reasons why they didn't show up. Anything from a delayed flight (The weather was bad, remember) to a hotel booking that couldn't be changed.
If they don't show up next year, then we can talk about a changing pattern.

Only their own photocall and the Gråsten photocall are two different things and can't really be compared. Gråsten is the main photocall and also one of very few events a year that the close (QMII's "own" family) royal family is expected to be present for. Their own is secondary to Gråsten and often, I believe, done because Nikolai and Felix can't always be at Gråsten for the photocall.

I actually don't think it's unreasonable to question Joachim and Marie's absence – especially not when the cause of absence hasn't been revealed. As I mentioned before, this is one of arguably very few scheduled events they're expected to attend every year, surely working your holiday around that isn't difficult? And that goes for Mary and Frederik as well – I also think them missing out on it some years ago was ridiculous.

Crown Princess Mary steals the spotlight during royal family portrait | Daily Mail Online
From Daily Mail.

A remarkable sudden interest in Joachim and Marie I'd say...
Often when J&M have a solo summer photo shoot with their children they are accused of being attention seeking. Now when they for once didn't show up, that's bad as well.
Anyway, the press tend to focus on M&F's children, while J&M's children get a very limited coverage and the Berleburg children are virtually ignored.
There could be loads of reasons why they didn't show up. Anything from a delayed flight (The weather was bad, remember) to a hotel booking that couldn't be changed.
If they don't show up next year, then we can talk about a changing pattern.

ADDED: Mary's fashion from Royalista: 3 great Crown Princess Mary summer looks | Royalista
I agree while Nicolai and Felix are still young that their parents' custody arrangements/schedules should be taken into consideration. IMO it would be strange if the they were not present, but their younger siblings were.

:previous:
As Muhler kindly pointed out to me - have you noticed how Josephine at 0:10 into the video with dad and mom in the hands goes and whistles? :D She's such a funny sweet little girl. And F&M at 0.23.

Also a pleasant picture of Bella and daddy:
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=55c5bbff1fe5c8648d2d4805353cf7c4&oe=56590CFB

And adorable Vincent here:
http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.f...-la-Princesse-Mary-la-Princesse-Josephine.jpg

Last night Queen Margrethe held a reception at Gråsten Palace. Prince Henrik and Princess Benedikte participated. But not Frederik and Mary which makes me think that the Crown Prince family now have driven home to Copenhagen after three summer weeks in Gråsten.

Here a gallery from the reception: (Notice the brilliant Danish summer weather :cool:)
Omegnsreception på Gråsten Slot - Kongehuset

Here's the guest list:
Gæsteliste ved omegnsreception på Gråsten Slot - Kongehuset

Lots of pictures from this lovely relaxed family photo session on Facebook. I came across this comment from a young man:

"As a guard for the Crown Prince family when they are at Fredensborg, I see them often. They are truly, as it is said, incredibly likeable and completely down to earth. And the children are seen together with their parents all the time. I am proud of Her Majesty the Queen and the Crown Prince couple!"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pity that the CP couple didn't attend the reception, didn't they use to attend in the past years?

It's a pity that the CP couple didn't attend the reception, didn't they use to attend in the past years?

It's difficult to know how many receptions they have attended over the years.

A few years ago (can't remember which year) there were two receptions held at Gråsten and F&M attended both of them. They were not mentioned in the calendar entry and there were no photos.

A updated 25 pictures gallery including some lovely pictures we haven't seen before :flowers:

https://www.facebook.com/2352278166...38412399&hash=705622656630554984&pagefilter=3

While Margrethe and Henrik will stay at Gråsten some weeks yet, the magazines tell Frederik and Mary and children now have left Gråsten:

Last Sunday they packed the car, the children and Ziggy and drove back home to Copenhagen after more than 3 lovely weeks in Gråsten. Tomorrow it's back to work/or a break in the holdiday for Frederik when he travels on a (4 days) business promotion visit/IOC meetings in Malaysia.

A video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgsOSQO-2iM

Last edited:
I am sure everyone had a great time, even little Josephine after she got over the pain of breaking her arm. So many kids to play with. Hamish's children and Peter Heerings girls and then cousin Prss Alexandra's boy and girl. Trips to Danfoss Science park and Legoland and the Dybol museum and bike riding and horse riding. They certainly have had lots to do. I remember our family get togethers with cousins to run around with, many moons ago. Always had a great time, and I'm sure M&Fs family did too.

A delightful 3 minutes long video from the family photo session from BB :)

Prins Christian og prins Vincent hyggede sig under sommerfotograferingen på Gråsten Slot | billedbladet.dk

Many cute details. Notice again a whistling Josephine. Vincent and Christian already have a good eye for football. We again hear Frederik and Mary (like all other Danish parents) call their children the fondly nickname "Skat" (= treasure (honey) ) When Vincent is on his way into the wet bush after the dog Frederik says: Don't go in there Skat, you will become totally wet Skat".

Margrethe says at one point: "A true lovely Danish summer day" which we hear especially Bella laugh of. For that day it was pouring rain from morning to night. Typically Danish summer weather.

We also see Frederik fondly gets his back cuddled by his wife on the way home while Christian and Vincent provides plenty of exercise and jog for dogs.

Enjoy.

I don't know if these have been posted before but the Crown Princely Family were spotted at Grasten today with some other children. It looks as if they went to a public playground:

New Photos of Danish Crown Prince family at Grasten Palace | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

more pictures were place in the Crown prince family summer vacation thread :flowers:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...r-holidays-2005-2008-2012-2015-a-6537-22.html

they are from last week. they sure are an active family ..also pictures of them on their bikes and horseback

:previous: Thanks, HereditaryPrincess. :flowers:

Isn't that Hamish and his wife and at least one child?
Will this be a summer or a winter holiday for Australians, I wonder...

The photos must be on the day of the ring rider procession, because I see M&F and children look at riders at the road going along the wall next to the part of the park where the photo shoot took place.
I guess the various riders and clubs were arriving or going away. Some of the clubs would have been very local and as such would only have had to ride a few kilometers at the most.

:previous:
:previous: My pleasure, ladies. :)
I shall not torment you any further. - For now...:p

You'll find BB's coverage of the official photo shoot in this folder: https://app.box.com/s/h5f5vzkfm1goekkqzdfjidlirc94tu09

Some trivia:
At the photo shoot Josephine wore a Poppy Rose dress.
Vincent wore a shirt by Phill Carrera.
Isabella wore a dress by Little Remix.
Mary's blouse was from Zara.
Her necklace is from Ethiopia.
Her wristband, or whatever it's called, is by Anni Lu.

Last edited:
Margrethe get some serious hate for having a smoke, I always find these DM articles and comments ridiculous, and I feel a bit sorry for the poor royals people :lol: A poor role model and bad behavior or not, I'm sure her family survived :cool:

Last edited:
I am going to say it. An elderly woman holding a cigarette while holding her grandsons hand or dressed up in ball gowns and jewels is jarring and the opposite of classy. But it is her health.

Last edited:
Surely she could have waited till she was on her own. Such a disgusting habit and such a bad example to her grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Shame she smokes around the small kids but at least it was outside. No doubt the raining weather made her wish for a smoke.
The DM articles are always of,f it included this "Crown Prince Frederik is also reported to be a smoker, but keeps the habit out of the public eye"
I had read that Frederik himself has stated that he has quit smoking, along the time Christian was on his way. Plus I dont think I seen a picture of him smoking in the past 10 years.
And reading the comments on the DM always lowers my IQ a bit, so I try not to lol

:previous:hmmm its seems the Danish articles are just reporting that some outside media is criticizing the Queen for smoking; but they themselves are not really criticizing the queen.

and from the poll so far, its seems the majority do not mind the Queen smoking, maybe just not near the children

"Is it okay to Queen smoking near the grandkids?
Of course. It is her choice.
55.71%

It's fine that she smokes, but she should not do it publicly.
6.87%

She can smoke all she will - it should just not be in proximity of children
26.12%

No. She is a role model and should not at all smoke.
11.3%"

:previous:hmmm its seems the Danish articles are just reporting that some outside media is criticizing the Queen for smoking; but they themselves are not really criticizing the queen.

and from the poll so far, its seems the majority do not mind the Queen smoking, maybe just not near the children

"Is it okay to Queen smoking near the grandkids?
Of course. It is her choice.
55.71%

It's fine that she smokes, but she should not do it publicly.
6.87%

She can smoke all she will - it should just not be in proximity of children
26.12%

No. She is a role model and should not at all smoke.
11.3%"

That's because any professional opinionist who dare to say QMII is wrong to smoke, can expect a barrage of "mind your own business messages" in return.
I have only smoked once in my entire life but I think it's great the QMII is not afraid to show that she is a smoker and that she doesn't give a hoot.

I think its stubborness of age. She has smoked all her life, why stop now. Everybody knows that she not a good role model, especially around children but it wont change.

In Germany we have our former chancellor Helmut Schmidt, now around 90 years of age, who smokes everywhere he goes incl tv-interviews, everybody thinks its awful but at this age, its his business and he wont change his mind anymore. People think, just let him be, probably the same sentiment with Margrethe.

Smoking in public by high profile individuals who depend on public opinion will vanish with the Margrete generation. Its not politically correct any longer and gives a very wrong signal.

It might just be me but I really don't think I can see the problem :ermm: They were outside and it's not like she was actively blowing smoke in their faces. I've grown up with a mum who's a smoker, she's only ever smoked outside though and it hasn't hurt anyone but her own lungs (and I'm a swimmer so I'd know for sure if it had affected me ;)). I guess what I'm trying to say is – if it had bothered Mary and Frederik, I'm sure they would have either politely asked her if she could wait a little or simply kept the children at a distance from her. I don't understand this fuss :rolleyes:

I mostly agree but I doubt she just smokes outside and second hand smoke is a very real issue. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't one of the children have asthma? That can't be heathy for them.

I mostly agree but I doubt she just smokes outside and second hand smoke is a very real issue. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't one of the children have asthma? That can't be heathy for them.

I believe its Joachim's son Henrik who has asthma. not sure if Felix too.
Sadly we have seen Joachim smoke near his sons, and I think Marie smokes too.
but then of course many kids have asthma and neither parents smokes

True but it can't be making the breathing any easier. The smoke stays on your clothes and hair also remember.

Oh well. They know risks and don't care. It's on them.

Back
Top Bottom