Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand that the focus is on the F&M family & 4 kids but at the shoot the rest of the family only looks like staffage.

Cute chubby kids! Isabella clearly loves the little ones.
Any video was made available?

Great pics ,very cute children.
The babies are adorable.Little Vicent looks like little Henrik.
Christian and Isabella are caring and loving with their little sibilings

I really liked the the fact that the pictures were taken in the gardens and not the usually step pictures.

Possible because the family's getting too big for the steps. :p

I did miss Natalie, Alexander and Konstantin. Another baby to look at. :sad:

Oooooh those babies are soooooooooooo gorgeous. Good enough to eat!. As a matter of fact, all the children are lovely, not only the four, but also the trio of boys.
Great family pictures, thanks for posting them.

How about we steal all four? Seeing Vincent and Josephine just makes me want to start a family of my own. :flowers:

Count me in! These are such precious little ones. The twins are just begging to be cuddled :wub:.

To me Vincent is the absolute copy of Frederik as a baby while Josephine looks a looks a lot like Mary, especially around the eyes.

Last edited:
i love the photos, they look great , all in matching colours, Isabella and hr sister the dress is lovely, and i like the tatoo's, i gue they are washaasble tattos!

Gorgeous photos. I am thrilled to see all the family together at last, it's been a long wait since the christening. The babies are growing fast! and their features are becoming more defined. They all look relaxed and happy and M and F couldn't look prouder!!

Also forgot to ask, Is there any video this year? I do love that they were in the garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures and I'm glad to see Princess Benedtike, Gustav, and Carina also. It's a shame that Anne Marie left for London so the three daughters of King Frederik and Queen Ingrid could be pictured together. It seems as if the family pictures are getting a smaller extended family appearances over the past few years. Shame.

Great pictures and I'm glad to see Princess Benedtike, Gustav, and Carina also. It's a shame that Anne Marie left for London so the three daughters of King Frederik and Queen Ingrid could be pictured together. It seems as if the family pictures are getting a smaller extended family appearances over the past few years. Shame.

Yes its a pity that Queen Anne-Marie did leave especially as she was there a few days ago.

The whole family looks great. The twins are cute, how nice seem them after all this time, they´ve grown up. Prince Vincent is a cutie, to me he looks a lot like Christian, but he´s is cuter.
And little Henrik is one of the most handsome kids I´ve ever seen.
Very beautiful photos. The Queen and prince Henrik can be proud of this beautiful family.

There is simply no way to compare the North American and Europe population pattern over the centuries, consequently no way to equate the two. Indian is no longer an acceptable term for Native Americans. The term came into being because Columbus thought the had arrived at the "indies" and not North America and therefore called the native population Indians. The term should be abolished even in Scandianavia, especially as we all consider us so very open, accepting of all people and free from discrimination.

It is not about being PC but correcting an old misconception and mistake.

Really? European history is full of migration and indigenous peoples being uprooted and forced to move.
The original Danes, who came here right after the last iceage and who formed a hunter-gatherer society, were displaced about 5.000 years ago by farmers coming from the south. Their decendants now live in northen Poland and the Baltic countries.
The indigenous people of present day central Norway, Sweden and Finland were pressed north around the 1200's.
The Picts of Scotland were displayed.
- Just to mention a couple of examples.

I was merely attempting to explain that there is a different and neutral word for all indigenous peoples of the Americas in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and German. I don't know about French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and so on.
What is politically correct in North America may not be necessary in the rest of the world. And I didn't get an answer to my question: What do the indigenous peoples of Latin America call themselves?
As someone suggested: Why not call American citizens Americans?

I just find politically correct terms silly in general. You may call a spade a manually operated digging tool but it's still a spade.
What is a political correct term today most often end being tomorrows f-word.

Thanks so much for all the pics....This family rocks !!!
The babies are so cute :)

Really? European history is full of migration and indigenous peoples being uprooted and forced to move.
The original Danes, who came here right after the last iceage and who formed a hunter-gatherer society, were displaced about 5.000 years ago by farmers coming from the south. Their decendants now live in northen Poland and the Baltic countries.
The indigenous people of present day central Norway, Sweden and Finland were pressed north around the 1200's.
The Picts of Scotland were displayed.
- Just to mention a couple of examples.

I was merely attempting to explain that there is a different and neutral word for all indigenous peoples of the Americas in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and German. I don't know about French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and so on.
What is politically correct in North America may not be necessary in the rest of the world. And I didn't get an answer to my question: What do the indigenous peoples of Latin America call themselves?
As someone suggested: Why not call American citizens Americans?

I just find politically correct terms silly in general. You may call a spade a manually operated digging tool but it's still a spade.
What is a political correct term today most often end being tomorrows f-word.

Muhler,there is no equivalent for the term "native american" in french.The term used in french is "indien d'Amerique" which means "indian of America"
The term is absolutly not insulting and derogatory in France as it could be in the US.Same thing with the term "African american" which doesn't exist in french.
There are black people in France.Some are recent immigrants from former french colonies in Africa such as Senegal,Mali,Cameroun.... other are descendants of former slaves of french west Indies (Guadeloupe,Martinique)or La Réunion and La Guyane.The last ones have automatically french citizenship since they are originating from french departments .Those of recent african descent could be french by being born in France or acquire it.
There are also other populations of other ethnical groups in the french departements of "polynesies françaises" "Nouvelle Calédonie" "Mayotte"Those have french citizenship too.
All those people are considered as french,legally there are no other terms to call them.Everybody has the same right.A french person whose ancestors are white originating from France has no more or no less legal or moral rights than any others.
Of course,you can refer to the ethnical origins of somebody when you want to describe him physically.
Someone of recent african descent will be described as an "african".Someone of french west indies origins will be described as an "antillais" or by "martiniquais" "Guadelopéen".Someone from La Réunion will be described as a Réunionnais.
I think that things are different in Europe and in the US.
Their culture,traditions,cuisine is called créole.
In France,it's better to avoid refering to the ethnical origins of people unless it is necessary to describe a person physically or if you are discussing traditions,cultural subjects.Otherwise,it may sound as if you are excluding or favoring a group over the other.
To sum up,as a european,the term Indian used by Mulher is absolutly not derogatory in Europe.I can also understand that it may hurt a american member who is not familiar with european culture.I guess nobody intended to hurt another one:flowers:

Moderators ,sorry if I am out topic.Feel free de delete the message if you want:flowers:

We should indeed get back to the topic of this thread - the family's summer holidays at Gråsten Slot - thanks!

A special gallery of Isabella dancing :)

** BB: Isabella i fuld vigør ** Prinsesse Isabella sprudler af energi ** translation **

:lol::lol::lol: Bella is such a cutie.I think she wanted to give us a demonstration of her dance lessons.I hope we will see her in a tutu soon.
I expected her to be jealous of the twins but she seems to be so adorable with them.

The third picture is so funny
Noblesse & Royautés » La famille royale danoise reçoit la presse au château de Grasten
Both Christian and Isabella are kissing the twins legs:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is not the topic, but when i see these pictures I so hope that Prince Gustav and Carina will get allowed to get married soon. They make such a beautiful couple:)

I know this is not the topic, but when i see these pictures I so hope that Prince Gustav and Carina will get allowed to get married soon. They make such a beautiful couple:)

I did wonder, when looking the photos, if Gustav & Carina want children or are willing forgoe children so that he maintains his position. I wonder if Carina looks at those beautiful children realise that she has decided to give up her fertility for "love". Or, maybe they're willing to have children out of wedlock.

Back
Top Bottom