Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might just be me but I really don't think I can see the problem :ermm: They were outside and it's not like she was actively blowing smoke in their faces. I've grown up with a mum who's a smoker, she's only ever smoked outside though and it hasn't hurt anyone but her own lungs (and I'm a swimmer so I'd know for sure if it had affected me ;)). I guess what I'm trying to say is – if it had bothered Mary and Frederik, I'm sure they would have either politely asked her if she could wait a little or simply kept the children at a distance from her. I don't understand this fuss :rolleyes:

I was about to write exactly the same thing. It is a perfectly normal activity for Queen Margrethe to do whether indoors, outdoors, with people or alone - it's nothing new and far less concerning than other pollutants everyone seems happy to ignore.

Surely she could have waited till she was on her own. Such a disgusting habit and such a bad example to her grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I pretty much agree. But the media making 'a scandal' about Margrethe smoking a cigarette near the children. No, she is not a good example about that, but it isn't more worse.
But again, when it's summer vacation the media need to find something to write about :whistling:

I agree . The poor media they don't know what write the summer and write just anything find.

Yes i agree :lol:

I agree maybe is better to read us here and not the gossip magazines :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

No, and unfortunately the poor Danish royal members must pay for it :lol:

I agree . The poor media they don't know what write the summer and write just anything find.

:lol: maybe they should snoop around on internet forums, sometimes we posters invent more spectacular stories than the gossip press ;)

The court has today announced that the annual photo shoot at Gråsten, will take place Friday 15. July. At 11.30.

There is no mentioning of who will be present.

I think we can be sure to expect QMII and M&F, probably also Benedikte. Everybody else must be considered a maybe IMO.

Annual photo shoot will be just in time for my birthday! Nice gift :flowers:
Thanks for the info Muhler :innocent:

The court has today announced that the annual photo shoot at Gråsten, will take place Friday 15. July. At 11.30.

I think we can be sure to expect QMII and M&F, probably also Benedikte. Everybody else must be considered a maybe IMO.

Nice. Love this tradition that the Queen has continued. Hope Joachim and family make it this year too.

Do we know when the horse riding parade is?

Thank you Muhler. Looking forward to this annual event.

Nice. Love this tradition that the Queen has continued. Hope Joachim and family make it this year too.

Do we know when the horse riding parade is?

I haven't noticed one yet, but then I haven't looked very hard either.

But there are tons of ringrider-events taking place right now, with processions and all, so I'd be surprised if they don't drop by Gråsten this year as well.

ADDED: on Saturday 16th, there will be a ringrider procession in Gråsten, starting at 12.00, and a few minutes later the procession will ride up the allé (*) towards Gråsten manor before turning down a road. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that M&F and children will be there as well. Especially since they obviously enjoyed it so much last year. Josephine certainly appreciated all the nice people riding by just to give her flowers... Okay, she graciously shared a few with mother and Bella.

(*) Once again I need a little help from English-speakers.
The road leading up to the manor is called an allé in Danish, because it's lined with trees. Not to be confused with a boulevard or an avenue, which I understand is a street in a city, lined with trees.
So what is the best translation for such a road?
Here is an allé: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/73288027.jpg
Practically every manor and estate in DK with a bit of self-respect has one.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed one yet, but then I haven't looked very hard either.

But there are tons of ringrider-events taking place right now, with processions and all, so I'd be surprised if they don't drop by Gråsten this year as well.

ADDED: on Saturday 16th, there will be a ringrider procession in Gråsten, starting at 12.00, and a few minutes later the procession will ride up the allé (*) towards Gråsten manor before turning down a road. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that M&F and children will be there as well. Especially since they obviously enjoyed it so much last year. Josephine certainly appreciated all the nice people riding by just to give her flowers... Okay, she graciously shared a few with mother and Bella.

The programme mentions "Det store rytteroptåg" to Gråsten Slot Sunday the 17th
Program - Ringridning

Wasn't that the one F&M received last year?

Now I get confused!! :ohmy:

It's the exact same schedule as on the 16th!! :ermm:
They do write the big one with 300 riders take place Sunday, and specifically mention Gråsten Slot.
Perhaps the one on Saturday is going to a ring-riding event, and the one Sunday is in parade gear?

Okay, let's settle for the procession taking place that weekend.

And for those who have no idea what ring-riding is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdqnkiWztVE

Last edited:
Now I get confused!! :ohmy:

It's the exact same schedule as on the 16th!! :ermm:

Okay, let's settle for the procession taking place that weekend.

I just checked a calendar. The procession M&F received last year was one a Sunday, so I'm voting for the 17th. The route also mentions Gråsten Slot.

"Det store Rytteroptog starter med deltagelse af ca. 300 ryttere."

I believe you are right, then the actual skewing of rings will probably take place Saturday. Perhaps members of the DRF will show up to watch?

It's going to be a busy forenoon for the Regent Couple next Friday!
Nu kommer de kongelige | Sønderborg | jv.dk

The Regent Couple will arrive aboard Dannebrog to the town of Sønderborg at 10.00. (*) From here they will drive to the town of Gråsten outside the manor, where they as always will be greeted at the local square. Here the mayor will welcome them with a little speech. By then the clock in my estimation will be between 10.30-11.00.
Then it's off to the manor, just in time for the photo shoot at 11.30.

(*) The former Master of Ceremonies was once asked what happens if Dannebrog is late. Søren Haslund Christensen in his typical style retorted: "The clock is always 10.00 when Dannebrog arrive". :p)

The road leading up to the manor is called an allé in Danish, because it's lined with trees. Not to be confused with a boulevard or an avenue, which I understand is a street in a city, lined with trees.
Practically every manor and estate in DK with a bit of self-respect has one.[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In rural areas, such a road leading to a farm or house is called a ''lane.'' Not always necessarily tree-lined, though. My aunt and uncle lived in a hilly area, and he was not good about keeping his lane in good condition. Finally my father just gave up, and when we went to visit, he only drove as far as he felt was necessary and we walked the rest of the way. The picture you posted is lovely - very inviting.

The annual Gråsten ring riders procession will take place on sunday the 17th July, 11.30am.

This was the parade F&M and children received last year and gave us so many funny pictures :D

So I guess it will be this parade F&M and children recieve this year as well. Maybe in the company of farmor Margrethe and granpapa Henrik this year?

Oh yes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Her&Nu with a nice little article about Vincent and Josephine now riding their own little bikes - and now without training wheels.

The articles also says that in addition to the Crown Prince family and the Regent couple are also Princess Benedicte, Prince Gustav, his girlfriend Carina Axelsson, Princess Alexandra, her husband Count Jefferson and their children, Count Richard and Countess Ingrid expected to arrive to Gråsten and spend some days summer holidays and participate in the annual summer photo session on next Friday.

Se billederne: Tvillingerne kører uden støttehjul - Herognu

The opdated official royal calender says it will be the Regent couple who will recieve the annual Gråsten ring riders procession on sunday the 17th July, 11.30am.

Regentparret modtager Gråsten Ringriderforenings optog | Kongehuset

Let's hope the Crown Prince Family will join them :flowers:

But it can be they have left Gråsten at that time as they at that time have been there for over three weeks. But is was such deligthful pictures of F&M and children recieving it last year, so let's have our fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Practically every manor and estate in DK with a bit of self-respect has one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In rural areas, such a road leading to a farm or house is called a ''lane.'' Not always necessarily tree-lined, though. My aunt and uncle lived in a hilly area, and he was not good about keeping his lane in good condition. Finally my father just gave up, and when we went to visit, he only drove as far as he felt was necessary and we walked the rest of the way. The picture you posted is lovely - very inviting.

Thanks, MidwestMom. :flowers:
Lane it is.

Tree-lined roads are fortunately becoming more common here in DK again. Most were chopped down in the 50's and 60's, because people crashed into them all the time. :seestars: Including the DRF.
Now they are coming back, because it's a great way to motivate people from speeding - for fear of crashing into trees... :D

Beforehand the trees were used to mark where the roads actually were in a snow-covered landscape. :snowman:

Last edited:
Since we are in the middle of the silly season (*), I thought we should have a look at what it actually is the DRF and the children are looking at when a ring-rider procession pass by Gråsten. So here is a 75 pic gallery from the nearby town of Sønderborg: http://www.jv.dk/modules/jv/gallery/?articleId=2340739

(*) In DK the silly season is called "akurketid" literally cucumber-time. The expression goes back to at least around 1900 and was so named because the papers in desperation started to write about the size of cucumbers!

Since we are in the middle of the silly season (*), I thought we should have a look at what it actually is the DRF and the children are looking at when a ring-rider procession pass by Gråsten. So here is a 75 pic gallery from the nearby town of Sønderborg: http://www.jv.dk/modules/jv/gallery/?articleId=2340739

(*) In DK the silly season is called "akurketid" literally cucumber-time. The expression goes back to at least around 1900 and was so named because the papers in desperation started to write about the size of cucumbers!

TNX Muhler. IMO, nothing at all silly about bands, pipers, horses and beer. And as we are expecting our own harvest of cucumbers to begin any day, cucumbers are quite the serious topic, just now. :chef:

From the Gråsten local newspaper:

Queen Margrethe and members of the royal family will receive this years ring riders parade on Sunday the 17th.

So lets hope we will see F&M and children there as last year :flowers:

Last edited:
First gallery: Bedårende billeder: Kongefamilien er taget på sommerferie - Billeder på Avisen.dk

It can be a problem when one's grandpapa has a big belly...

----------------------------------

On yet another horrible day here is the first photo from today's photoshoot at Gråsten: SE BILLEDET: Her er årets familiefoto fra Gråsten | BILLED-BLADET

Joachim and Marie are presently on holiday abroad, and did not take place. - I can however very well imagine that Marie would not be in any mood to stand and smile.

The younger Berleburgs arrived shortly before the Regent Couple this forenoon.

ADDED: A 7 pic gallery of Dannebrog arriving at the town of Sønderborg at 10.00 today: http://www.jv.dk/artikel/2344547:SOenderborg--Se-billederne--Saa-starter-dronningens-ferie

We are almost certain to get photos of the royal dachshunds as well!
Because they ran out a door, and did what dogs have to do, right in front of the press...

ADDED: Another gallery with the Regent Couple this forenoon. http://www.jv.dk/modules/jv/gallery/?articleId=2344817

:previous:

Thanks for the photos - the one who has surprised me the most is Vincent - how he has sprung up! Am I the only one who thinks he strongly resembles Henrik?

Back
Top Bottom