Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
yes indeed funny and so cool , he looks wonderfull , thank you for sharing

Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Nobility

mary is fantastic y isabella adorable

Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Courtier

I can see isabella , vincent and Christian, but where is the Josphine ??
Old 07-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

As has been mentioned in this thread, Josephine had a slight fever and was resting.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Commoner

I hope this is the right place to put this.

I used to work in Legoland for several seasons (I saw a few of the royals, but the crown prince family always managed to avoid whatever shop I was working at that year. I try not to take it personally )

An old colleague just told me that CP Frederik and Mary were there today with their children and, to quote him, "some countess". Apparently they bought a Lego Star Wars Death Star for the kids. It's one of the big ones and very cool, so I have no doubt the children were very happy with that choice.

Since the press are usually allowed a few pictures at the beginning of the day, they should show up shortly.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

How lovely with some background information Flowerbed, thanks for sharing I wonder if they went with Princess Alexandra and her kids like they've done the last couple of years.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
How lovely with some background information Flowerbed, thanks for sharing I wonder if they went with Princess Alexandra and her kids like they've done the last couple of years.
I doubt it's Alexandra since, according to reports, she is currently on vacation with her family (Martin, Felix and Nikolai), possibly in Turkey.
Besides, Alexandra is probably busy with her son's birthday celebrations; Prince Felix turns 10 today.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I doubt it's Alexandra since, according to reports, she is currently on vacation with her family (Martin, Felix and Nikolai), possibly in Turkey.
Besides, Alexandra is probably busy with her son's birthday celebrations; Prince Felix turns 10 today.
I think Archduchess Zelia meant Princess Benedikte's daughter Princess Alexandra and her children. That's my best guess too, they usually visit Legoland every year, but since my colleague isn't too familiar with the minor royals, "some countess" was the best he could do.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks for clarifying and my apologies, Zelia!
"Countess Alexandra" I automatically think of the Countess of Frederiksborg.
Of course, Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is also a Countess - of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth, but I always think of her as just "Princess".

It would be wonderful to see Princess Alexandra's family with the Crown Princely one.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more additions of the photo session:

** zimbio/Eliot Press/Bauer Griffin: Danish Royal Family portrait **

** hellomagazine: Maternal Princess Mary dotes on her brood at summer photo call **
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I see your galleries, Iceflower

And raise with a very large family photo: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...rsten-slot.jpg

Is it a small "tattoo" Christian has on his right arm?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Looks kinda like a music note but could be a scratch.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Wonderful photographs! I much prefer the new way of having the family in the garden than when they were all seated on the steps.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

It could very well be one of those removable tattoos, wasn't he having one of Darth Vader at last years photoshoot? And Bella had one with sharks or dolphins I think.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik.ru --- The annual photoshoot 2012
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The photoshoot ar Gråsten gets good reviews in Huffington Post and BT writes a few lines about that.
Comparing M&F and the children to an advert for L.L. Bean.
Amerikanere sammenligner kongehuset med en reklame - Royale | www.bt.dk

However of more interest to us perhaps are these large pics:

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...rsten-slot.jpg

Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

It is the BB reporter Ken Richter who covered the DRF stay at Gråsten Manor and there were a number of details he noticed.

Not least during the changing of the guards, which was attended by the DRF. This time it was Slesvigske (*) Music Corps who provided the music.
Both Bella and Vincent were moving to the music. Bella so much that she and QMII were seen dancing inside in the garden room to a polka, while the family looked on.
There is a very charming picture of Vincent standing next to his father, pouting his lips and blowing up his cheeks, while looking at the music corp. Presumably he was inspired by some of the hornblowers.

(*) Southern Jutland is really North Slesvig/Schleswig. South Slesvig is now German.

Summary of another article in Billed Bladet #30, 2012.
Piger til søs - Girls at sea.
Written by Ken Richter.

M&F took their two oldest to Legoland, located about an hours drive or so from Gråsten. With them went Princess Alexandra and her two children. Alexandra looked like she just as much fun as the children, judging from the pics.
Mary and Isabella went together for some of the attractions, while Christian and dad went straight for some of the "wilder" attractions.
Bella and Mary tried the Jungle Racer, which is inspired by the rotor driven boats in the swamps of Louisiana and Florida. With Bella at the steering wheel and Mary behind they sailed away at full speed, with the hair blowing in the wind. That was so much fun that they took a turn more.

Christian and Frederik went straight for the rollar coasters, with Christian way in front, so he could really enjoy the rush. Sitting next to Alexandra's son Richard, Christian drove up and down at the breathtaking speed of 65 k/h and to a height of nineteen metres!

Later on the whole family joined up for a ride in the water-roller-coaster, with Bella sitting close to mother.
Then it was off to another roller coaster through a spell-bound castle, here a squealing Isabella stretched out her arms enjoyng the ride (almost) straight down. Mother had her arms around her, so it wasn't that dangerous. Christian boldly sat in the front.

They were all guided through the park by Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, from the family who owns Lego, that also ensured they as special guests entered the attractions first.
Despite that they were hardly noticed by the thousands of guests in the park.
They also had a lunch while there and the children got some Lego presents with them home to Gråsten.
- As Flowerbeds told us, one of the presents was the Death Star from Star Wars. And that's a pretty big set!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Bella so much that she and QMII were seen dancing inside in the garden room to a polka, while the family looked on.
Now, I would have loved it see that

Thank you for taking the time to post the article Muhler

Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Sounds like a fun time!

Thanks Muhler!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

You are welcome Camelot & Archduchess

If Mary stayed with the children this week, the children would have had a fantastic weather to run around chasing dachshunds and get a healthy tan.

Or perhaps some of them sailed onboard Dannebrog to London? That would have taken three days or so. I guess PH did.

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday