The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
However QMII also held Vincent in her arms. (***)
To this I must add that I´m not at all surprised that Prince Henrik was carrying Pss Josephine. He has always hoped for a daughter. And if you ask any mother, who has been at Amalienborg Square, on QMII´s birthday with a app. 1½ year old daughter, she can tell you that she (the mother) and Prince Henrik had eyecontact He wanted a daugther and got two sons... But now he has to granddaugthers

Quote:
After the service Mary hitched a ride with QMII on the helicopter back to Gråsten. Landing next to Gråsten less than an hour later, they all milled out of the helicopter. Mary and QMII had not changed and with them were, (I’m looking at a picture) four children, two nannies, two adjutants and at least one PET officer. – Yes, the EH101 are big! It’s far cry from the old Sikorsky’s.

WOW, that´s a lot of people inside the helicopter And both the heir´s heir and the spares...

Quote:
Prince Henrik did not attend the service in Copenhagen. His adjutant, Niels Nyhave, explained that it was due to meetings that had been long scheduled.
I´m glad to hear some kind of explanation why Prince Henrik didn´t come to the memorial service, but couldn´t those meetings have been cancelled or moved?

Quote:
(******) Well, he could have walked to the fitness center. At the very most it can't have been more than a couple of kilometers from Gråsten Slot. That would have been excellent exercise!
An alternative approach to fitness is not unheard among older gentleman. My own late father used to swim for some time when he was at the beach. “To get the blood flowing”. What he neglected to say was that he walked on the bottom, while making swimming movements with his arms…..

Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I´m glad to hear some kind of explanation why Prince Henrik didn´t come to the memorial service, but couldn´t those meetings have been cancelled or moved?
That's what I thought as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
T

WOW, that´s a lot of people inside the helicopter And both the heir´s heir and the spares...
Well, if you are going to crash, better crash in a helicopter than in a fixed wing aircraft. As long as the rotors remain intact you have a very good change of surviving and that without too severe injuries.
They are here flying in a search and rescue version of the EH-101, with a crew of at least four, usually six or seven. Apart from room for stretchers and equipment there are sixteen (IRRC) comfortable seats. - So twelve additional passengers (the twins would most likely be strapped somewhere, so they don't need a seat) is no problem.

The alternative would be a minor caravan driving towards Gråsten. - And the crew get some flight time.

The transport version can accomodate 32 fully equipped infantry men.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Nice to see Ziggy again. Were those pictures taken now?

They were taken shortly before the photo session, on the last days of July
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Courtier

According to Billed Bladet Alexandra of Berleburg and kids spent a few days at Graasten before the photo session. And according to BB her husband -Jefferson preferred to stay with friends in Italy.

Am I imagining things - or are we actually seeing less and less of Jefferson? He didn't attend this year's Berleburg wedding, if I remember correctly!

viv
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

It's always a pleasure, Tiggersk8!

BurberryBrit, here's one, but maybe you've seen it before and it's not as close as you had hoped:

** Carina **
Thanks! I didn't see it before.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Quote:

And another gallery focussing on the twins:

** BB: Josephine og Vincent på Gråsten **
Both babies are beautiful but I'm totally in love with Vincent he's so cute!!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

In Billed Bladet #34, 2011.
A Martin Pedersen asks about the bracelet Frederik wore at the recent photoshoot.

Jon Bloch Skipper explains that it's rubber armband with the text: DABG RC(S) - HELMAND - AFGHANISTAN.
Frederik was presented with the armband when he last visited the Danish troops in Afghanistan and he is wearing it in support of the soldiers and not least acknowledging the work done by the volunteer Support Soldiers and Relatives association.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any news about the date of the 2012-photoshoot?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I presume it will be around late July and early August as usual, haven't heard about the date though. It's gonna be exciting to see how big the twins and little Athena have grown.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, July 10, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have started their annual summer holidays at Gråsten Slot.
They've arrived with the royal yacht:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** b.dk gallery: Dronningen starter sommerferien i Graasten **

** sn.dk gallery: Dronningen er taget i sommerhus **

** kongehuset.dk: Regentparret ankommer til Aabenraa Havn **

** nyhederne.tv2.dk video: Dronningen flytter ind på Gråsten Slot **
Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have given a vicinity reception at Gråsten Slot yesterday evening, July 12.
Princess Benedikte was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** jv.dk gallery: Se billederne fra regentparrets reception på Gråsten Slot **
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte watched the change of guards at Gråsten Slot yesterday, July 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** jv.dk gallery: GRÅSTEN: Tilskuere fik glimt af smilende dronning ** translation **
Old 07-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, July 15, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik received a rider association at Gråsten Slot.

According to the article below the annual photo session will take place on Friday, July 20.

** BB: Billeder - dronningen overdænget med blomster i Gråsten ** translation ** gallery **
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

Yesterday, July 15, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik received a rider association at Gråsten Slot.

According to the article below the annual photo session will take place on Friday, July 20.

** BB: Billeder - dronningen overdænget med blomster i Gråsten ** translation ** gallery **
Here is another picture gallery from kongehuset.dk and another gallery from the reception that was held.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

It has been confirmed today on the official website that the family summer photo session will take place on Friday, July 20, at 10.30 am!

** kongehuset.dk: Fotografering af den tilstedeværende kongelige familie på Gråsten Slot kl. 10.30. **
Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The first pictures from dr.dk
BILLEDER: Kongehuset i sommerhumør - dr.dk/P4/Syd/Nyheder/Aabenraa

PPE photo agency gallery

Josephine, youngest child of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess is apparently ill therefore she did not make an appearance today. The little Princess is suffering from a slight fever.
BB translated article
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Very nice pictures. Thanks Dazzling

I look forward to more and larger pictures. Mary looks lovely, Isabella looks just as charming as always and the little Vincent seems so cute with his big hair. A shame the little Josephine has a fever, I really would like to have seen her too
Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Dazzling

The keen eyed will notice that a dachshund is missing. Prince Henrik's beloved Evita died recently at age fourteen.
Evita was infamous for snapping at the guardsmen's heels.

Prince Henrik has no plans about getting a new dog.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Aristocracy

Where is Joachim and his familly? thamks
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Thank you, Dazzling

The keen eyed will notice that a dachshund is missing. Prince Henrik's beloved Evita died recently at age fourteen.
Evita was infamous for snapping at the guardsmen's heels.

Prince Henrik has no plans about getting a new dog.
Was Evita the only one known to snap or do the rest do the same?

Here is a lovely picture gallery
Kongefamilien på sommerferie i Gråsten | www.b.dk

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday