The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh well, we've all been there. A sulking teenager is worse, so there is more to come.
Isabella could have her moments too, yet she has turned out to be a sweet wellbehaved girl.
In the old days people used to soak a rag in schnapps and let the kids suckle on it if they were too... loud. If they continued to cry after a while then the parents knew something was genuinely wrong. Not so sure it was such a good idea, but I've been tempted to try.
And there have been times where I've been thinking: We could have had a Mercedes instead of those two...

My pleasure, dbarn67

ADDED: And for something much less pleasant. http://www.bt.dk/danmark/dronningen-...ivgarders-doed

A couple of days ago a conscript guardsman on duty at Gråsten Slot died from meningitis. Queen Margrethe has send a letter of condolences to the family of the soldier.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Kongehuset.dk has uploaded a new gallery
Vagtskifte på Gråsten Slot - Kongehuset

I noticed in the second picture that our always entertaining Bella tries to walk like the guardsmen - and Christian on his way to give daddy a hug.
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...asten-slot.img

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Another annual highlight of the holidays has taken place: the Legoland visit!

** BB: Kronprinsparrets sjove dag med børnene i LEGOLAND **

That frog-thing must be a favorite.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...63830722_n.jpg

Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of a number of articles in Billed Bladet #31, 2013.
All written by Ken Richter. - The good thing about Ken Richter is that he writes about what he actually see, nothing more, nothing less.

There are indeed a number of new details in the articles and the DRF going to Legoland will be featured next week.

22 members of the extended DRF were present and the photoshhot this year took place near the tea house in a corner of the private part of the park.
That area is a playground and some of the things there looks like they have also been played in by Joachim and Frederik.

Athena is still somewhat insecure when she walks.
The whole family found a place at two benches for the group photo. Mary looked after Josephine, while Frederik took care of Vincent, who initially wasn't that keen on being photographed and looked away. Dad then told him about the swing later on and that helped. - (Sucking on a thumb also helped I can imagne).
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson were seen embracing warmly in the background.
On her way to mother Athena stepped on QMII's toes. The Queen let out an audilbe auch! (I can tell from a picture that it did hurt).
As you know Athena was carried around a lot, also by her dad and at some point she...well, she leaked on her dad's hand. There is a great photo in the article showing the moment when Joachim is discovering just that. Athena does not look the least bit disturbed...

As you have seen the twins were transported in a cart. Christian told our reporter afterwards that "It wasn't hard" to pull the cart. - (I guess not, as sister Bella pulled it most of the time).

Finally it was time for the swings. The older children did fine, including Komtesse Ingrid, who may be a big girl now, but not too big to use the swings.
Josephine wasn't the only one who didn't think it was fair to leave the swing for another child. Bette Henrik ran over to mother and needed a little comforting. Fortunately he has a big brother in the shape of Nikolai who took pity on him, put Henrik on his lap and really gave him a swing! That was so cool! - Whatever Nikolai has been doing lately it must have had something to do with his feet because half his sole was getting lose from the rest of the shoe.
While Josephine was busy voicing her protests to Mary, Vincent was busy playing peek-a-boo around the swing with dad and he didn't need to be pushed either. Just a little shove to get going and he was swinging...
Isabella tried her very best to swing just as high as the boys.

Later on at noon it was time for the changing of the guards and as that takes place once a week with the Music Corps also attending, the DRF naturally showed up on the stairs as a curtesy.
That included the twins. Jospehine soon discovered that she could get a lot of people (onlookers) to shout back or wave if she shouted and waved to them, so she was busy yelling her lungs out.
Vincent didn't, he went through that last year, when Josephine was ill, so big deal! It was much more fun to lay on mother's legs and be padded on the back.
The twins were indeed busy on the stairs. In particularly Josephine, who not only had to dance around with Bella, who simply cannot stand still, jump in unisyn with Vincent but also being busy with (sort of) conducting the musicians. Not only that but she also had to go inside to fetch her doll.

Our reporter observes that Vincent is more secure on his legs than his twin sister.
He also observes that it's not only QMII who appears to have a permanent wardrobe at Gråsten, so does Frederik. Because he wore the same polo as he wore during the photoshoot last year.

Mary's dress is by Rabens Salonger.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Josephine leak on Frederik or did Athen leak on Joachim? I think you're mixing princesses.Frederik wore the same shirt 2 years ago. Last year he wore a button down shirt according to Youtube.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Did Josephine leak on Frederik or did Athen leak on Joachim? I think you're mixing princesses.Frederik wore the same shirt 2 years ago. Last year he wore a button down shirt according to Youtube.
You are right, fixed.
What can I say? There were ten children! I can hardly figure out the names of my own two.

It was Athena who...made dad's hand wet.

I don't know about two years ago, but Frederik wore that polo last year. There is a picture of that in the article.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

As you have seen the twins were transported in a cart. Christian told our reporter afterwards that "It wasn't hard" to pull the cart. - (I guess not, as sister Bella pulled it most of the time).
haha

i noticed also that and there is also a photo of it here in the thread. to have a little sister is good in many ways ;-) believe me i have a two years older brother as well and it was always me who did the "hard" work

vincent&josephine on billedebladets frontpage today :-)
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?...portHeight=416

and her og nus frontpage with them dancing
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...86791999_n.jpg
Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

And wrapping up the coverage of the Gråsten shoot, here are some funny pics from BB, as referred to in the summary above.

https://app.box.com/s/0u0x16mmqem59z2jlhi6
Vincent needing a little persuading in order to pose.
QMII being stepped on a sore toe by Athena.

https://app.box.com/s/fu9axtgpkxvesvf6l1kr
Athena "wetting" dad's hand.
A warm hug by the Berleburgs.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Another annual highlight of the holidays has taken place: the Legoland visit!

** BB: Kronprinsparrets sjove dag med børnene i LEGOLAND ** translation **

** ekstrabladet.dk: Mary på klodset besøg ** translation **

Here is another picture Instagram
Old 08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Here is another picture Instagram
nice picture...I think we can see Christian behind them by the tent
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the nice picture, fairytale I guess there were two who got an extra experience in Legoland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
nice picture...I think we can see Christian behind them by the tent
Yes and Isabella too. I can recognize their jerseys from this picture
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...09543138_n.jpg
Old 08-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some pics of the changing of the guard on August 2nd have been added to the official website:

** kongehuset.dk: Vagtskifte på Gråsten Slot den 2. august 2013 **
Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of prince Henrik from 24th July
"During the royal family's summer residence of Gråsten Palace HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark bicycles every day to the gym. During the trip home July 24th, he can not resist the tempting cherry that hangs out over the sidewalk."
All Over Press Finland
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of a number of articles in Billed Bladet #32, 2013.
All written by our man in Legoland, Ken Richter.

There are a number of seriously cute pics in the articles which I hope will eventually surface online.
M&F and their children went to Legoland about an hours drive or so north of Gråsten Slot along with Alexandra of Berleburg and her two children Richard and Ingrid. (*)
There were also as far as I can tell two nannies present.

One of the mandatory things for the royal children is to visit chief Long Ear residing outside the town of Legorado. Christian went straight up to the chief: "I remember my name is Strong Raccoon" (**). Isabella's name is Sweet Moonbeam. As is tradition royal children who visit Legoland for the first time get their Indian name by chief Long Ear and that happened to the twins as well. Vincent is now known as Brave Bear and Josephine's name is Little Dove.
The twins had to size up the chief first. Vincent sitting in the arms of Mary and Josephine standing on the ground, albeit maintaining a little distance. As Chief Long Ear, who in civillian life is called Jan Friborg (and he has been chief for 29 years now) explained: "We just had to size eachother up first and I could tell that I shouldn't get too close because then Prince Vincent would have been sad". As is proper for a chief he is sporting a huge feather bonnett, something that is no doubt novel for the twins.
Once the introduction was over it was time to ride out on the prairie and "hunt cowboys". (***) By now the twins felt safe with the chief and they were naturally presented with a hairband with a colorful feather when they had mounted their wooden horses. Bella and Christian were also on horseback and Sweet Moonbeam aka Isabella let out a real Indian woop. There is a charming picture of her doing just that in the article. While Josephine looked perhaps a little speculative, Vincent, now riding confidently beside the chief seemed to think this is pretty cool.

While chief Long Ear rode with the children M&F were observed watching their children with their arms around eachother.

However there is more to Legoland than just Indians. The whole family also tried the water roller coaster, where they sit in a canoe going through wild white water and when you are two years old that is perhaps a little bit dangerous, so it's good to sit in the arms of mom and dad.
Isabella sat in the front of one canoe, holding on tight to the thighs of a nanny right behind her. In the back sat Mary with Josephine in her arms. Josephine is seen laughing and it was enough fun for mother Mary to request another tour.
Frederik went into the second canoe. Christian boldly sat in the front and didn't need anyone to hold him. Daddy Frederik sat right behind with Vincent in his arms, while the Berleburgs formed the rearguard.

While Frederik took the oldest children on the more wild rides in Legoland, Mary took the twins to some of the less wild attractions. The first thing they all tried out was the Frog Hopper. If you are two years old it's a little bit high up, if you are Bella and Christian it's nothing. Again Jospehine was laughing while Vincent seemed more undisturbed and apparantly found time to point out something to mother.
Another more quiet thing to do was a merry-go-round/carousel. Where the twins were again sat on horses, with mother standing right behind them. At some point Mary must have suggested to Josephine that she could switch horse, the article don't say why. No! Josephine did not want to change horse!

All in all they appear to have had a great day.

(*) I don't know if there is a Legoland in France, where they used to live, but there is one in Germany I believe. Don't know where.

(**) Raccoon = vaskebjørn = washing bear in Danish.

(***) Despite early western movies in particular indianere (= all native peoples of the Americas. Indians living in India are called "indere") have more often than not been the heroes in childrens games here in DK for generations. "Indianere" have always had a romantic glow about them. Probably something to do with their exotic nature.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Nobility

thanks a lot muhler :-) sounds like a wonderful day for frederik&mary and all kids..
i will LOVE to see all the photos from the day
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

There are a number of seriously cute pics in the articles which I hopw will eventually surface online.

Finally there are some more - and as expected extremely cute

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery ** isopix gallery **
Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Iceflower.

This is the pic where Josephine informs her mother in no uncertain terms that she no intentions of switching horses! the royal family in legoland - All Over Press Denmark - 21155176-007 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Muhler for posting those wonderful pictures of the twins from the photoshoot. I have spent the most productive hour of the day looking at the pictures of the twins from the photo shoot and Legoland and could easily spend the whole day looking at pictures of them!
Love the one of Josephine trying to go down the stairs but won't let go of the doll!
Was surprised that American Indians, Native Americans, are so popular in Denmark! Looks like they did very well on the rides.
Does Josephine have blue eyes like the rest of them? Vincent surely does.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Finally there are some more - and as expected extremely cute

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery ** isopix gallery **
It sure is some really cute and lovely pictures, how adorable looks the children as little Indians. And Mary too - I saw she acted like an Indian as well Looks like everyone had a lovely and fun day. Vincent and Josephine are some incredibly cute toddlers. I love that age.

And I'm a woman, so of course I think this picture of F+M watching their children is sweet too
http://isopix.be/temp/preview/ISOPIX_21155176-018.JPG
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Nobility

many many thank you for the wonderful photos ,each of the kids are so sweet and as frelinghighness say i could also look at photos of mary&frederik&kids all day long :-) :-) :-)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Vincent is just the cutest little thing, I love his hairstyle.

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday