The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 06-25-2004, 05:28 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 55
Quote:
I really think that putting John Donaldson's CV on the internet were to foresee a lot of questions from journalist regarding his background. That's all...

Chatleen, I think not, putting John Donaldson's CV was a mistake, people against Mary would think that putting his CV only to boost Mary popularity. We all knew a professor CV must be full of something proud of. Why DRF didn't put Mary CV just the way she is, eventhough only in average level.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 06-25-2004, 05:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally posted by Wisnu@Jun 24th, 2004 - 9:54 pm
Jasl, I don't know if Mary was a Director in Belle property because it wasn't stated in her CV. If it was so obvious why she was too afraid to admit it, if i'm not wrong in the interview before her marriage the royal palace didn't allow to ask about carrier. It caused a question mark (?), didn't it ?

Looking back at what people say about Mary in this topic, why you and Mary fans can not admit that Alexandra CV is more impressive then Mary, because it's obvious stated in the CV. Even though you defense Mary but the fact is Mary don't put her carrier as you said in the kongehuset website. Then I think your defense is in vain. I'm not Alexandra fans, I prefer Masako, Maxima and Mathilde as crown princess because except their beauty they have beautiful CV, and dignity, no body doubt about it.

Being a royal family is not difficult job, i think people like us can do well, look at Mette Marit with lack of education, working experience far below Mary we can say she accomplish. I'm sure Mary will do better.
I see that your conclusions is partly based on the (what I believe is) mistaken belief that Mary was unwilling to discuss her career with the pres. But I don't think this is true at all.... anyone who saw the documentary she did (when they went back to Tasmania early this year) would know that she did in fact talk about her career. She said that straight out of law school, she got a graduate position with DDB Needham (graduate positions are pretty comptitive... basically international firms such as DDB Needham gets their pick of the best graduates across Australia.. the graduate applicants usually go through a rigorous assessment process sometimes lasting days on end, where the graduate applicants compete with other university graduates in group work to see how they relate and lead a group, written assessments, etc etc). She stayed there for 2 years. Mary said that she liked DDB but you could sense that she thought they were too traditional for her. So she moved to Mojo. She described Mojo as more young and invigorated (or something along those lines).

I think this is when her mum passed away. She said that she went back to work fairly much right away after her mum's death, but she said that things in her head had changed. So she went backpacking in Europe. In Europe (Scotland to be more precise) she got a 3 month contarct.

When she came back, she got a job with Young and Rubicam. I don't know how long she stayed there for (she was handling a Young and Rubicam account involving an airline wanting to promote itself during the Sydney Olympics so she was probably still there in 2000 or at least 1999). But after handling such deals, she was offered a job at Love Branding. In the newspapers here in Australia, it was a Love boss who was one of the first ones to speak to the press, so I dont think their (lack of) respect for her privacy endeared them to her. In any case, as we now note from one of the books released on Mary (where Chris Meehan was interviewed), Chris offered her a job at Belle Property, a company which grew and added about 100 more employees during the time Mary was there. Her CV shows that her position at Belles was as a "Sales Director and member of Management Team".

:flower:

My defense is based on what I think... so to me it doesn't feel that nice to be told that my defense is vain (because I don't think my beliefs are vain... that's quite an attack on a crucial part of me as a person... attacking my beliefs and how I process ideas and information). We all have different opinions - that's the crux.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 06-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 55
Sorry, Jasl if my word is uncomforting you, I really regret it.

After I followed many discussion about Mary, I thought that Mary fans didn't have strong reason, your clarification only known by you as Australian, if you didn't say, no one knew. Moreover, DRF made wrong propaganda, such as putting obviously Mary's father CV but Mary CV itself soundlike misterious if I couldn't say to be hidden. And for what purpose to include him, he is not DRF.
__________________
  #44  
Old 06-27-2004, 11:47 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Who cares what Mary's past is ... the main thing is that Frederik "fell for her", and accepted her. Now she is his wife, and a demi-god --- no criticizing now, yuh hear !!
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
  #45  
Old 06-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
The most important thing is that she and Frederik love and respect one another. It is important for Denmark that this marriage be successful. As far as her work /career is concerned, the most important thing is that she respects her position and tries to do a good job representing Denmark. I'm sure she now knows what is expected of her. I'm also sure that it is not easy to have to follow in the footsteps of the perfect Princess Alexandra. Mary needs to be given a chance and time to prove to people that she is worthy of being a member of the Danish royal family. Time will tell.
__________________
  #46  
Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Eliza's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 641
I think we should all stop this comparsion..afterall it's not as if we're comparing an apple with an apple!

In the beginning I did say that Mary wld hve a hard act to follow in the steps of Alexandra and Alexandra did a wonderful job, she's very polish and strive to be perfect in her role as princess of Denmark.

However, Mary has created her own style and it's wonderful and refreshing. In her own way, she's brought grace and poise to her role as future Queen of Denmark. Let's give her full credit for that!

Personally, I think both ladies have their own style, manner and grace, it's going to be a joy to see them together in future family events.

And you can see how she's changed Frederik for the better..he seems so much more at ease in a crowd and their love for each other is so evident for all to see.
__________________
  #47  
Old 08-15-2004, 03:24 AM
ingenue's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 64
i agree
i think mary has charisma and her relationship with fred is mutually beneficial to both IMO . go Denmark :)
makes me wanna go and visit !! (ive never been there)
__________________
  #48  
Old 08-15-2004, 11:07 AM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,688
OK, please help here. What is Marys CV or her fathers CV I am off! :(
__________________
  #49  
Old 08-16-2004, 03:53 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanel
OK, please help here. What is Marys CV or her fathers CV I am off! :(

Mary and her father's CVs means their curriculum vitae. It's a listing of their educational backgrounds, employment backgrounds, and some personal infomation. You can usually find this in a resume. Hope this helps!
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #50  
Old 08-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 38
I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :o ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO
__________________
  #51  
Old 08-18-2004, 11:55 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,688
HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, was born Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, in I believe England. Her family later moved to Tasmania, Austrailia where she later became a citizen. Mary and HRH Crown Prince Frederik (oldest son of HM Queen Margarethe II of Denmark and Prince Hennrik *born a french count*) The couple met at the 2000 olympics in Sydney, and have been a hot item since. They officially became engaged in Nov of 2003 after a three year courtship, and married earlier on May 14, this year in Copenhagen. Mary looked amazing. To see photos please visit the Something Old, New Royal and Blue thread. HOpe that this helps.
__________________
  #52  
Old 10-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,193
her CV was a thing many people has a opinion of when she was intruduced is it still something that you feel strong about
  #53  
Old 10-24-2004, 10:48 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlilly23
Why do you think mary needed to place her father cv below her own cv while alexandra's cv is standing alone on it own merite without her father's cv to back up her working carer.
because that's the way things are done in Europe, especially the old fashioned Establishment set, of which the Royal Family is at the prow. That is, that was a Royal Court decision, not Mary's.

And given that Mary will be Crown Princess, while Alexandra was never destined for that role .... also sets Mary apart from Alexandra. (I'd really like to know the reason(s) behind Alexandra's split with Joachim.)

I like that touch of Mary's father's cv being included ... it shows "class" on the part of the Royal Family. It also shows an "acceptance" of her dad to the Establishment .... and its working, what with Dad having been given a teaching post in Aarhus, and more to follow for sure. I mean, afterall, he has been pensioned off in Australia, right ?

It wouldn't surprise me a bit, that Mary visits with her Dad a lot.

The only thing - which is a pity really - is that Diana's frenzy with the media in the 1990'2 (or vice versa) and her tragic ending ..... has had a huge impact on PR and media management, and media has backed off, because another tragic ending would kill off the media for sure, and they 'know' that.

Quote:
What was dear mary trying to prove to the royal family of denmark i wonder.
as soon as she said "yes" to the marriage proposal from Fred, she turned control of what is disseminated about her over to the Royal Court. It wouldn't surprise me if she is highly relieved about this turn of events.
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
  #54  
Old 10-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
I think Mary married Fred b/c she wanted to be Princess and have all that privilege. And she did a good job of obtaining it. BUt she has it now so I don't think ppl should criticize anymore. Just live w/ it. Maybe someday Fred will see her true colors and they will prob. live separate lives.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #55  
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I think Mary married Fred b/c she wanted to be Princess and have all that privilege. And she did a good job of obtaining it. BUt she has it now so I don't think ppl should criticize anymore. Just live w/ it. Maybe someday Fred will see her true colors and they will prob. live separate lives.
Yeah, Mary wanted a "Princess"! Hahaha!!

Is that the new rumour going around now? LOL!!!

And yes, Mary's true colours - I hope its purple and pink. It would be so lovely if they found out she was really purple and pink... coz i looove those two colours! (nonsensical reply to a nonsensical....*wink*. Ok i'll stop now, lol! just funning with you! :))
__________________
  #56  
Old 10-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 210
If people knew how much they reveal about themselves by their judgments on other presumably unknown people, they would be much more careful, or at least give a reason for their negative assessment. For example, if one says Mary is a gold digger and just wanted to be a princess, and they give no evidence for such a statement, then it's probably safe to say that this accuser is a gold digger and just wanted to be a princess instead of Mary.
__________________
  #57  
Old 10-25-2004, 12:25 AM
hillary_nugent's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Australia
Posts: 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I think Mary married Fred b/c she wanted to be Princess and have all that privilege. And she did a good job of obtaining it. BUt she has it now so I don't think ppl should criticize anymore. Just live w/ it. Maybe someday Fred will see her true colors and they will prob. live separate lives.
I think Mary has more class then want to be some bimbo after the title of a princess...its the 21st century no one really cares about titles anymore...some do but that's because they haven't moved on to THE FUTURE...being royalty doesn't have that much privilege anyhow in fact there is more sacrifices than privileges...Yes Fred will see Mary's true colourS - he will see a more colourful and great person than he has ever seen in her.
__________________
I came. I saw. I posted.
  #58  
Old 11-07-2004, 11:40 AM
emslow's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: sydney, Australia
Posts: 4
i think that the people who continue to suggest that mary is a gold-digger are not only insulting this woman's integrity and character, but also that of her husband - CP frederik.

as for her father's CV, i thought it was published to provide some insight into mary's background and upbringing. especially with her being labelled a 'commoner' i think it was the royals way of showing that she came from a well educated middle-class family. it's not simply enough for her to have a combined university degree in commerce & law, people also want to know what her father's been up to as well (sheesh)
__________________
we are but mere mortals, so shut up.
  #59  
Old 11-07-2004, 01:33 PM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
I think Mary has more class then want to be some bimbo after the title of a princess...its the 21st century no one really cares about titles anymore...some do but that's because they haven't moved on to THE FUTURE...being royalty doesn't have that much privilege anyhow in fact there is more sacrifices than privileges...Yes Fred will see Mary's true colourS - he will see a more colourful and great person than he has ever seen in her.
Uhhh hillary_nugent I just love the way you say your things.
I think like you that CP Frederik will se a couour from CP Mary that is so strong that it will last for a lifetime with them.
I think that the persons who are calling Mary for a golddigger don´t know what they are talking about and that they are so jealous of Mary that she got Frederik and the did not get him.
__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

  #60  
Old 11-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslow
as for her father's CV, i thought it was published to provide some insight into mary's background and upbringing. especially with her being labelled a 'commoner' i think it was the royals way of showing that she came from a well educated middle-class family. it's not simply enough for her to have a combined university degree in commerce & law, people also want to know what her father's been up to as well (sheesh)
Alexandra is also a commoner and the CVs of her parents were not paraded for all to see to provide "insight" into her life. And considering that there was considerable racial discrimination against Alexandra when she became engaged to Joachim, even more justification to put up the education and career histories of her parents to show the Danes what an educated background her family and she both come from?

When it comes down to it, whatever Mary's education or her careers, there was no need for her father's CV to be put up there alongside hers to prove anything. Mary's CV should've stood on its own, and had it been left at that, there would be no discussion or comparison with Alexandra's CV. That John Donaldsn's CV was put up there alongside his daughter's just cast more suspicion on Mary's CV and why the Danish court felt it necessary to do so.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ingrid Alexandra's Baptism norwegianne Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 146 10-02-2013 11:27 AM
Mary's Weight bad_barbarella Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 43 11-14-2004 09:50 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]