Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Official Biography

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
hey!
i was trying to find an official biography of alexandra and since she is not a member of the royal house anymore, her official bio isn't there anymore. i was wondering if someone has it or if someone has a reliable biography of her to post.
thanks in advance!

Although I agree that Wikipedia isn't always the most relieable source
the infos which are given about Alexandra at the moment are correct.
The Hello profiles aren't to be trusted at all in general.
The one about Alexandra gives at least 3 misinformations.
1. She didn't buy the house where she is currently living, Queen Margrethe did.
2. She gave her first public speech in Danish a few days and not a few months before the wedding.
3. According to kongehuset's official page of Alexandra which now no longer exists Alexandra speaks Danish, English, German and French. Cantonese and Japanese were not listed.
These are only little things of course but it shows how untrustworthy the Hello profiles are.

Although I agree that Wikipedia isn't always the most relieable source
the infos which are given about Alexandra at the moment are correct.
The Hello profiles aren't to be trusted at all in general.
The one about Alexandra gives at least 3 misinformations.
1. She didn't buy the house where she is currently living, Queen Margrethe did.
Prince Joachim did, actually.
2. She gave her first public speech in Danish a few days and not a few months before the wedding.
She gave the speech 15. November - and the wedding was 18. November.
3. According to kongehuset's official page of Alexandra which now no longer exists Alexandra speaks Danish, English, German and French. Cantonese and Japanese were not listed.
There is an interview from Se & Hør where the private secretary of Alex and Joachim states that she is learning Mandarin. The same article also mentions her knowing Cantonese. How well she knows any of it, I wouldn't presume to know. http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Royalt Arkiv/20031210 Royalt article 224.aspx
These are only little things of course but it shows how untrustworthy the Hello profiles are.
I wouldn't trust the Hello profiles more than I trust the Wikipedia ones. The first ones seem to have a lack of good researchers/translators, and the second ones can be edited by anyone. :flowers:

The Hello! profiles are overly nice and praising of their subjects. Although wikipedia can be edited by anyone, they check it to make sure it's as unbiased as possible.

I wish the background on her official site was more lighter then this red.

I too am curious about why the biography doesn't say that she speaks Cantonese and Japanese, which the old one did.

I too am curious about why the biography doesn't say that she speaks Cantonese and Japanese, which the old one did.

Maybe she can speak some Japanese, but not enough to qualify as fluent?

The old one did not.
I saved it and it's exactly the same that is now online on her own homepage,
with the addition of her 2nd marriage.

Last edited:
Thanks GlitteringTiaras, those clips are great - I'd never seen her engagement interviews before.

I know that her Wikipedia biography stated she at least spoke Cantonese. But that's Wiki.

I was watching a video that GT posted somewhere, only in the last couple of days, showing the time of the J & A's engagement, and she certainly said that she spoke a little Cantonese.

Countess's web site from post #9 is quite informative, it's not bad but it shouldn't be red( my poor eyes:blink: ). I wonder who created this website, is it Alexandra private website? Has royal family something ot to with it?

RE languages: I think if she spoke even little Cantonese her website would say that.

I have found the video, she is discussing Cantonese and Mandarin about two minutes in. ;) :flowers:

I tihnk he's 28 or 29, but I'm not sure.

I have found the video, she is discussing Cantonese and Mandarin about two minutes in. ;) :flowers:

I think that, whilst not being totally fluent, she has improved since 1995; she told Costume magazine that she'd just come from 5 hours of Mandarin (I'm assuming Mandarin lessons) and she has made speeches in Mandarin, which is the Chinese spoken in most of the PRC for those of you who aren't fully up on the language situation in China, when she was in Shanghai.

However, I doubt that her written Chinese is as good; even we Chinese forget the characters if we don't use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom