The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

BT writes about an article in a reputable weekly called Søndag (Sunday): Alexandra: Jeg har ikke lyst til at få en toppost - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

Here Alexandra says that she's is not keen on a top job within commerce/business sector.
She has plenty to do as it is, being patron for various organisations as well as her honorary memberships, which she describes as practically a full-time job.

To the question: What is she really doing, she explains: "Just because you don't see me in a magazine every week, it doesn't mean that I don't do anything. I look after my protections and that means a lot to me and takes up a lot of my time. Apart from that I also have my membership of a board (Ferring Pharmaceutical) which also takes time. And I'm an honorary member of a number of organisations, which takes almost as much time as a protection".

There have been a good deal of speculations whether she would opt for a top job in commerce but Alexandra says: "But I'm not keen on a managers position in bussiness/within commerce. And I say that because I cannot and will not represent one single business. I have difficulties seeing myself as patron for among other things Danish UNICEF committee, Danisg Assciation of the Blind and the DR1 Girls Choir and then having to sit from nine to five every day at a business. I can't make that fit together. A place at a board perhaps or consulting work, where I don't have to put on a particular hat and say: I'm 90 % one business only, what were I to do with those protections and honorary memberships, I represent and with a great delight have worked with for fifteen-sixteen years? Should I just leave them standing there? Should I just say that they are no longer important"?

Her current membership of one board satisfy what she calls her commerce-gene: "There is still a lot of business woman within me, yes. But my commerce-gene I get satisfied when I attend board-meetings. I have also said no to a number of offers, because I felt it wasn't there I should put my name".

--------

- Well the cynic within me cannot help wondering that Alexandra is worried she would lose her semi-royal status, should she become an "ordinary" business-woman representing commercial interests.
A very human thing I'd say.

The problem is that time is running out. Even with her semi-royal status she is becoming less and less interesting. In ten-fifteen years when her sons have a life of their own. They are the ones, who will be interesting, not Alexandra.

Another matter is that she appears to be financial independent, so she doesn't have to work (lucky her!). She brought money of her own into the marriage, she appears to be a very competent investor. (I personally believe she had an important role in establishing Schackenborg as a sound business). She got a big house for free, quite a few money from Joachim and an apanage. - Which a high ranking politician made no attempts to hide were really to ensure that her boys, who are in the line of succession, can live a life bifitting of their status.
Not to mention that she is a member of a board.
Her mentioning that she would be interested in a seat at a board, sounds almost like a heads-up to headhunters.

Here is what is currently online at the magazine Søndag: Alexandra: Sådan holder jeg mig i form

Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Countess Alexandra have been walking her boys and dog today in the Ecco Walkathon.

Gallery from BT: Se billederne: Alexandra og familien gik for en god sag | www.bt.dk

And I notice Martin Jørgensen positioned his face too far from his shaver today.

A gallery from previous Ecco Walkathons from BT: Se Alexandras genbrug: Samme bluse - ny mand | www.bt.dk

The captions points out that Alexandra has changed husband, but not blouse.

In one of the pictures Martin Jørgensen is clean shaven. That one should live to see that....

You may notice in the background persons dressed in dark blue sports suits with a red anchor on the chest. They are cadets from the navy officers school and they provide unofficial bodyguards for Alexandra and her children.
One year there was panic. Nikolai was gone! They found him safely next to a cadet, whom he had been running with. - When you are a boy bursting with energy, walking is booooring!

For Danish members: I see Bubber is there as well. That man is everywhere!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Billed-Bladet has a short video of Alexandra, Martin and the boys at the ECCO Walkathon:

Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

the day ended with a banquet which she attended
Operaterrassens Trophy med guldkant | Vimmelprinsessan
Google Translation

more pictures: APA-PictureDesk
Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra as patron of UNICEF together with Prince Felix attended the opening of a photo exhibition about the daily life of children living in one the world's poorest countries, the Central African Republic, in Copenhagen yesterday, October 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Unicef Denmark:Officiel åbning af UNICEF/Jan Grarup udstilling på Nytorv i KBH **

** BB: Video: Prins Felix med mor på job for UNICEF ** translation **

Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

more pictures Prince Felix : Passionné de photo avec la comtesse Alexandra, comme beau-papa

http://www.herognu.com/nyheder/nyhed...orurenet-vand/
Google Translation
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

On Sunday, November 4, Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Infant Death Association attended a memorial service at Copenhagen Cathedral with parents and families who lost their babies.

"It was moving", Alexandra afterwards said "I think it was a very special and and beautiful atmosphere (..) But with death there is also life and it was great that there was so much life there", "you need to deal with grief and faith and religion is a way to do it. Now we have a son to be confirmed next year, so we are more often at church these days. And I think it's great to come and to be in church on Sunday. We all use it in different ways, but it's very cleansing for our souls".

** Pic ** bt.dk Små liv blev mindet: Alexandra tændte lys i kirken ** bt.dk gallery **
Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more additional pics:

** Tanskan Alexandra suojelee pikkulapsensa menettäneiden yhdistystä **
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

and some more pics Henrik de Danemark avec ses petits-fils les princes Felix et Nikolai le 12 novembre 2012 pour une so...
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

On December 9, Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish National Girls Choir together with her husband Martin and Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix attended the choir's Christmas concert in Copenhagen.

** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** svenskdam.se: Alexandra ute med sina pojkar ** translation **
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

some more pictures APA-PictureDesk
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Here's another gallery of the concert on Sunday:

** pp: Princes Nikolai et Felix : Deux ados ravis, entourés de charmantes demoiselles **
Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra as Patron together with Martin Jorgensen, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix participated in the "Parkinson Unity Walk 2013: Stop parkin' - Start walkin'!" in Copenhagen on May 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** gallery **
Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

BB reports that Alexandra went for a stroll with two of her boys. Felix and Martin Jørgensen (He's the unshaved one).
That was apart of the annual charity walk, Ecco Walkahton.

Nikolai is in Scotland with his class from school.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BB reports that Alexandra went for a stroll with two of her boys. Felix and Martin Jørgensen (He's the unshaved one).
That was apart of the annual charity walk, Ecco Walkahton.

Nikolai is in Scotland with his class from school.
Here is the link to the article
Grevinde Alexandra gik søndagstur for en god sag

Ekstra Bladet - Prins Nikolai droppede gåtur

Alexandra visited the Neurological Unit of the Bispebjerg Hospital two weeks ago, to hear about research in Parkinson disease. She is patron of the Parkinson Association and showed great interest in new research and treatment of the disease.
Alexandra så på hjerner - Nørrebro Nordvest Bladet
Translation
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more pics of this year's ECCO marathon:

** b.dk gallery: Alex, Martin og Felix travede for den gode sag **

** dagens.dk gallery: Alexandra, Martin og Felix gik tur med hundredevis af velgørende vandrere **

** svenskdam.se: Prins Joachims privatekonomi går inte ihop ** translation **

** pp gallery: Prince Felix: Tout sourire avec sa mère et son beau-papa-poule au Walkathon 2013 **
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

And here is a PPE agency gallery from the event
Old 09-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra has attended the launch of this year's Pink Ribbon campaign against breast cancer last week.

** brystkraeft.dk: Grevinde Alexandra: Tjek brysterne ** translation **

** BB: Grevinde Alexandra åbnede Støt brysterne kampagne ** translation **
Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #40, 2013.
Written by trine Larsen.

Alexandra went to Aarhus to take part in a radioshow called Cafe Hack.
Here she talked about herself and her life here in DK lasting about an hour.

She said: "I feel Danish. I am Danish... I tear up when I hear In Denmark I am Born. (*)
She was aksed about what had surprised her the most upon arriving in DK and the culture here. The word "skål = cheers" was very useful: "It is used at many of our traditions and solemn events and then it's international, something everybody can understand and it creates joy".

(*) That is the unofficial third national anthem. It is also half jokingly considered the intellectual anthem, whereas the official national anthem is considered more folksy. (You can remember the first verse almost no matter how drunk a football supporter you are ).
Written by HC Andersen during the national-romantic era it is a declaration of love for Denmark.
Here partly performed by the DRF:

---------------

But while in Aarhus Alexandra also opened the campaign Support the Breasts, for the Cancer Foundation, which takes place each year during the month of October.

Each year 4.300 women are diagnoced with breast cancer of those 1.300 die.
During the past ten years 100 million DKK have been rasied. Alexandra addressed 300 volunteers and said among other: "I don't live in fear of the desease. There are so many other unfortunate things that can afflict you. Therefore I will encourage all women to enjoy life and listen to their bodies...".

She said afterwards: "The curve has been broken, so that each year one percent less die. Apart from that there are better opportunities for reconstructing the breast and then a lot of voulnteers help by being open and offering council about breast cancer and there are free offers for screening for all over 40".

- Breast cancer is of course a thing that doesn't only affect women, but we husbands as well.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, patronages, princess alexandra