The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its always a pleasure to see her hunky husband around with her. I really do miss seeing Alexandra out and about on the scene, but she has done a great job transitioning to a private countess.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family **

Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra has launched this year's Pink Ribbon Campaign focussing on breast cancer
at the Congress & Culture Centre of Aalborg on October 1st, 2011.

** Pic ** nordjyske.dk: Alexandra på visit **

And onn September 27, Countess Alexandra as patron of the Church Day Care has handed out
the annual Gerda price in Odense.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** fyns.dk gallery and video **
Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2011.
Jeg synger i badet - I sing in the shower.
Written by Annelise Weimann.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...i%20badet.aspx

Countess Alexandra and her Martin attended a concert recently called "veiled in darkness", where the Danish Association for the Blind 100th anniverssary was celebrated. The DR1 Girls Choir entertained.
The entire concert took place in a completely darkened concert hall.

Alexandra said afterwards: "It was a fantastic concert. I cannot be done more beautifully. - It was an insanely delightful experience. When you closed the eyes and removed one sense, the other senses were allowed to grow. With the eyes closed you felt that the concert and the music was there just for you".

About her own children she said: "Nikolai both play piano and electric bass and Felix has a guitar, but he isn't the keenest".

About handicaps: "The nearest thing I know to a handicap is my bad back. I'm fortunately doing fantastic now, but there was a slipped disk, from which I fortunately don't suffer from anymore. But then I do remember my excersizes and eat healthy, because when you've been in that many pains as I was back then, you'll do a lot to prevent them from coming back".

About her own fondness for singing: "Music means a lot to me and I love to sing to myself, when I'm showering. I don't if I'm good at it, but I really like it".

- Martin Jørgensen was unusually neatly dressed, in suit and tie and well kempt hair. Alas, his shaver must have malfunctioned...

BB is up.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra attended a charity event the Cancer Society has organized for their
Pink Ribbon campaign in Copenhagen last Saturday, October 29:

** Pic ** BB gallery **
Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Alexandra loses a patronage!

The discussions about Countess Alexandras role - or rather, the lack of it - in connection with the Cambridge visit to Unicef Denmark prompted me to check her patronages on her website. She kept 14 patronages after her divorce, but now it appears that she is no longer patron of the Modern art museum ARKEN. - This thread reported of a visit a couple of years back, but now the museum is definetely off her list of patronages.
Does anyone know anything ??

viv
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't heard anything about that.

On October 30, Countess Alexandra as patron of the Parkinson Society has attended
a charity gala show at the theatre in Sønderborg.

** BB: Grevinden og Nicolas Bro stod sammen om en god sag ** translation **
Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra as patron and Martin Joergensen attended the event
Dancing for Unicef at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, November 13, 2011.

** ppe gallery ** Billed-Bladet gallery **
Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2011.
Alexandra i centrum - Alexandra in the centre (focus).
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

UNICEF had a charity gala at the Royal Theatre and Countess Alexandra was patron, host and guest of honer at the same time. As such it was she, and her Martin, who walked up the red carpet. - Not QMII and Princess Benedikte.
They entered the theatre by a side entrance.
They were actually expected also to arrive via the main entrance and walk the red carpet, but declined.
"When the court informed that the Queen would see the show, they at the same time made it clear that Her Majesty did not wish to arrive via the red carpet. That was out of respect for Countess Alexandra.
This was the night of Alexandra as patron for UNICEF and the Queen wished to respect that by arriving desreetly", explained a source at the Royal Theatre. (*)

Of course everybody stood up when QMII and Benedikte entered the royal lounge.
She and Alexandra did not meet during the intermission. QMII went backstage to chat with some of the dancers, while Alexandra and Martin went to a VIP area for shellfish and champagne.

(*) I'm of course biased but QMII is one cool Queen!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

I have read somewhere (perhaps in Her&Nu) that QMII and Pss Benedikte even had their own bisquits (småkager) with them :)
Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I have read somewhere (perhaps in Her&Nu) that QMII and Pss Benedikte even had their own bisquits (småkager) with them :)
As a matter of fact they did. There is a caption in the article mentioning that QMII and Benedikte brought their own "lunchbag".
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra as Patron together with her husband Martin Joergensen, Prince Nikolai
and Prince Felix attended the Christmas concert of the Danish National Girls Choir under the
direction of Chief Conductor Cecilia Martin-Löf at the Concert Hall in Copenhagen on Sunday
December 18, 2011.

Alexandra looked wonderful!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** gallery 1 ** gallery 2 **

** purepeople: Les princes Felix et Nikolai parfaits avec leur mère la comtesse Alexandra **

** svenskdam.se: Alexandra och prinsarna på julkonsert **
Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

She does indeed look lovely and her pixie haircut suits her. The older boy looks just like her, too.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra in her role as patron of UNICEF attended the ceremony in which Helsingør
was announced as the UNICEF City 2012 yesterday, January 20. Zambia in Southern Africa will
be supported by Helsingør with several projects during the year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** sn.dk gallery **

** helsingoer.lokalavisen.dk gallery: Helsingør blev UNICEF By 2012 **

** helsingordagblad.dk article and video: Unicef-år sparket i gang med en fest ** translation **
Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

And in connection with that Alexandra also told a bit about her won two boys.

Excerpt from article in Billed Bladet #08, 2012.
Mine skønne drenge - My lovely boys.
Written by Trine Larsen.

In Zambia there are children who have no school to go to and Alexandra said that there were probably children (here in DK) who thought how nice that would be.

Q: Do you also have boys who sometimes don't want to go to school?
Alexandra: "No, no, not al all. They love school! That is, there are of course days where it's a little harder to get out of bed, but thet always want to go to school. They are both very social and like to be with their mates. They like to be stimulated in that way".

In school they are commended for their good behaviour. Delighting Alexandra: "Yes, and then I become very proud of them. And I'm so glad other can see it as well.
People can see that they've had a super good upbringing and that they are very balanced (in nature). But we who are closest to them, that is Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Martin and I are also in complete agreement about their upbringing. And all four of us work on their well being, that they are happy and have the best terms (to grow up and be children in)".

Q: But you can't know how children will react to for example a divorce?
Alexandra: "No, that's right. But you do everything you can to help them get over it as easily as possible. And you can never predict either whether they will be best friends or if of jealousy will arise. But it's just fortunate that Nikolai and Felix are each other's best friends. There are really very few fights. There is a very high noise-leves at home - it's after all a couple of energetic boys - but that's how it is. They love life and each other - and yes, we are super well".

Q: A short time ago the family was in Austria to see Prince Nikolai run wil the Olympic torch in Inssbruck, prior to the first youth-winter-olympics.
Alexandra: "Yes, that was a big experience. And the boys got to see some snow and had a cosy time".

Q: And mormor (maternal grandmother) living in Austria, she was very proud?
Alexandra: "Oh yes, very much. You could actually on TV hear her voice much louder than everybody else, so enthusiastically did she shout".
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Courtier

I wish we had more coverage of Alexandra
Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen with the boys at the zoo
billedeserier picture gallery
Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra attended as patron of the Randers Rainforest, so I've moved the post over here.

A new part of that zoo and park has officially been opened.

** amtsavisen.dk gallery ** sn.dk gallery **

** BB: Grevinde Alexandra klappede grisen ** translation **

** sn.dk: Alexandra og prinser slap duer løs ** translation **
Old 06-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish National Girls Choir together with her husband Martin and Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix attended the choir's "Midsummer dreams" concert at the Tivoli in Copenhagen on June 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** translated svenskdam.se article **
Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #31, 2012.
En tur på landet - An outing to the countryside.
Written our agrarian reporter Ken Richter.

Countess Alexandra has for many years been patron of Randers Rainforest, (*) a large area in the town of Randers under a canopy. They have now opened a new and very large attraction called the Denmark Park, which exhibits animals that are and used to be common in Denmark, not least farm animals. All in outdoor facillities where the children can burn off some energy.

Sporting a short ginger-blondish hair Alexandra brought with her an unshaven Martin Jørgensen as well as Nikolai and Felix.
Over here in Jutland we don't let celebs cut ribbons, we put them to work!
Alexandra was issued a screwing machine half the size of herself and instructed to screw in the last screw and thereby inaugurating the new facillity.
Nikolai and Felix were issued with a feeding bottle and put to work feeding two marsh-lambs with milk.
They also held an adder and padded a piglet, which apparantly charmed Alexandra.

There is also a kind of obstacle course for children, which Nikolai and Felix negotiated without too many problems. Nikolai said afterwards: "I think the obstacle course (**) was the most fun, because there we were challenged in running fast, while we also had to leap and staying in balance". (***)

It is now sixteen years ago Alexandra inaugurated Randers Rainforest, which has now become very successful and big and she reflected on that: "Back then it was all so smal and today it's all so big and lush. And now the guests underneath the glass domes can experience plants and animals from exotic latitudes and after that they can walk out in the Danish nature and experience things they wouldn't see just like that. They can even get close and touch the animals".

(*) As Randers Rainforest is located about seven pitch fork-lengths (give or take) from our backyard, we've been there a number of time. It's good for rainy days and we look forward to visiting this new attraction.

(**) Farm animals are hardly a novelty for two boys whose father is a farmer and they are still too young to appreciate older Danish breeds.

(***) One of the founders of Randers Rainforest is an ex-army officer, so no points for guessing who came of with the idea of an obstacle course for children.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, patronages, princess alexandra