The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #261  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:46 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,903


Her sons are proud and not embarrassed at all, that's the best acknowledgement


** expressen.se article with video: Sönernas stöd – efter förra prinsessans debut **


** BB: Grevinde Alexandra får flot opbakning fra sønnerne: Vi er så stolte af hende ** translation **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 11-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,657
And as predicted we have a couple of photos of Alexandra on stage: https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-al...e-efter-showet

After the short press meeting Alexandra went home. Not to bed, but celebrating her stage-premiere with some of her close friends. Presumably Dennis Knudsen and her very enthusiastic private secretary, Helle von Wildenraath Løvgreen, who said she her tears in her eyes, during the performance.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,903
.

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Parkinson Society participated in the Parkinson's Unity Walk in Copenhagen last week:


** BB: Grevinde Alexandra hjælper syge ** translation **

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:56 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,903
.

Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix participated in the annual Ecco Walkathon in Copenhagen today, September 8. Alexandra plans to stop this annual tradition.


** bt: Grevinde Alexandra stopper mangeårig tradition ** The brothers **

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,561
What was the decision about her appanage? Didn't she agree to give it up? If so I can understand why she may no longer be able to commit to charity events any more.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:30 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,634
The agreement was that Alexandra would give up her appanage when Felix turned 18 in return for pension plan corresponding to that of a civil servant. A senior civil servant I believe.
I'm a bit surprised about her giving up the charity walk since she's always been both passionate and serious about her different patronages but I guess she wants to make a clear break and show that once she's off the state payroll she's a private citizen like anybody else. Something she in my opinion should be commended for. She's done a good job raising her sons, she has an excellent relationship with her former husband and in-laws and although she went through a divorce has never done anything that reflected badly on the Royal family or those patronages that she initially kept but have slowly been divesting herself off.
Ehm... As you might have noticed I'm a fan
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 09-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,429
Gallery at https://www.ppe-agency.com
Nice to see both Nikolai and Felix attend with their mom. It's not always possible to find time to attend official events but its nice when they do.

Another article on the walk today and where Alexandra was asked about Joachim's move to Paris
https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-k...ed-det-end-jeg

"Then Countess Alexandra cemented that it was certainly not her idea or desire to see her former hubby leave the country.
Because even though Prince Nikolai is just 20 years old and thus well on his way into the adult world, and Prince Felix is ​​turning 18 next year, the Countess is not quite thrilled to be a real single mom.
Had they ever seen Joachim stay home?
"I do not have to decide what he wants, and of course it is a big and exciting challenge for him, but it is nice when you are two parents of children," the Countess said of Prince Joachim's new life in France."

its google translate so apologize if the quote is wrong
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 09-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,561
I am a big Alex fan, I just wondered if her saying she probably won't be there next year is to do with the fact that by then Felix will be 18, she will no longer be receiving her appanage and maybe she has different plans for her future.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 09-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I am a big Alex fan, I just wondered if her saying she probably won't be there next year is to do with the fact that by then Felix will be 18, she will no longer be receiving her appanage and maybe she has different plans for her future.
That seems to be the case. I wonder whether she will give up all her patronages. On the one hand this would be the time for a 'clean' break, on the other hand it suggests she was only doing a few activities related to her patronages because she was paid for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Another article on the walk today and where Alexandra was asked about Joachim's move to Paris
https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-k...ed-det-end-jeg

"Then Countess Alexandra cemented that it was certainly not her idea or desire to see her former hubby leave the country.
Because even though Prince Nikolai is just 20 years old and thus well on his way into the adult world, and Prince Felix is ​​turning 18 next year, the Countess is not quite thrilled to be a real single mom.
Had they ever seen Joachim stay home?
"I do not have to decide what he wants, and of course it is a big and exciting challenge for him, but it is nice when you are two parents of children," the Countess said of Prince Joachim's new life in France."

its google translate so apologize if the quote is wrong
Given that they have shared custody, I can imagine Alexandra not being to happy about Joachim not living up to his part by moving to France.

I am sure Joachim discussed the move with his sons but still...
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:50 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Another article on the walk today and where Alexandra was asked about Joachim's move to Paris
https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-k...ed-det-end-jeg

"Then Countess Alexandra cemented that it was certainly not her idea or desire to see her former hubby leave the country.
Because even though Prince Nikolai is just 20 years old and thus well on his way into the adult world, and Prince Felix is ​​turning 18 next year, the Countess is not quite thrilled to be a real single mom.
Had they ever seen Joachim stay home?
"I do not have to decide what he wants, and of course it is a big and exciting challenge for him, but it is nice when you are two parents of children," the Countess said of Prince Joachim's new life in France."

its google translate so apologize if the quote is wrong
Wow. She sounds jealous and bitter IMHO.

Prince Nikolai is 20 years old, who works as a model and is about to start his tertiary education. If he wants to visit his father, a plane ticket from Copenhagen to Paris is not that expensive. I can imagine that if Prince Felix wants to visit his father, Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra can also pay for a ticket. Seriously, we have Skype, mobile phones, THE INTERNET! It's not like Prince Joachim has cut all ties with his sons! And they aren't two small children - they are young adults!

She is hardly a "real single mom" with an ex-husband who is completely out of the picture. He waited until his two eldest sons were at an age where he didn't need to hold their hand. She's making it sound like Prince Joachim didn't consult his eldest children, which I believe is highly unlikely.

I feel sorry for Princes Nikolai and Felix's future partners/spouses....
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,634
Calm your tits people. I don't get neither bitterness nor jealousy from the original Danish language article. It might come across as a strange comment given the age of her sons but as a mother I imagine that she feels that they still need having their father around.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:23 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,657
Okay, time for a full translation I think.
Polyesco's translation was correct, but Google doesn't get the nuances.

Q: How are the boys in regards to M&J moving to Paris?
A: (Laughing slightly.)
Jeg tror, de har det bedre, end jeg har. - Vi var to herhjemme.
"I think they feel better about it, than I do. - We were two here at home."

Q: Havde de helst set, at Joachim var blevet hjemme?
"Had You preferred that Joachim had stayed at home?"
A: Jeg skal ikke beslutte, hvad han vil, og selvfølgelig er det en stor og spændende udfordring for ham, men det er rart, når man er to forældre om børn,«
"I am not to decide what he wants and of course it's a big and exciting challenge for him, but it is nice when you are two parents taking care of/looking after children."

Nikolai and Felix are looking forward to visiting daddy in Paris:
A: (Grinning.) De siger, at nu har de et sted at bo der og en god guide,
"They say that they now have a place to stay there and a good guide."

They haven't yet visited J&M though.
A: Nej, ikke endnu. Han skal lige have lov til at falde på plads og have deres to børn dernede i skole og nyt job og det hele
"No, not yet. He needs time to settle in and have their two children start school down there and a new job and all."

Alexandra declined to get into too many details about her future plans, except that it involved giving lectures/speeches.

- It is my impression that Alexandra is a little miffed she wasn't counseled by Joachim before he (and our Marie) decided to move to Paris.
But come on, Nikolai has already moved away from home. He left home years ago in fact and he is not coming back, that's for sure! That's life and that's how it should be.
And Felix is still in high school and as such he lives at home anyway, so she still keeps an eye on him on a day to day basis. With Joachim until now basically standing in from time to time after school and during weekends.
So not much will have changed and it's no different from other divorced dads who are stationed abroad for a period. They can't come home and take an active part in their children's lives during that period either.

I also think it does smells like a clean break from her protections when her apanage ends.
We can discuss how much value she has as a figurehead for a cause today. It is after all quite a few years since she was royal. To put it brutally.
We can also discuss how sincere she was in regards to her protections if she drops them when her apanage ends. But to that you can argue, that there is nothing to hinder her from continuing to support causes, as a private person.
And if I am to be cynical. Nikolai and Felix are so far away from the throne that they will rarely have anything to do with the official side of the DRF anyway, so they will have to make a life for themselves. And while a title of Prince might be an advantage in some respects, I will claim that the less "royal" they are, the better for them. And having a mother who is acting semi-royal by being a patron of this and that might be a hindrance for Nikolai and Felix.
Out of sight, out of mind = much more freedom for Nikolai and Felix. - If you get my meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:36 AM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Okay, time for a full translation I think.
Polyesco's translation was correct, but Google doesn't get the nuances.

Q: How are the boys in regards to M&J moving to Paris?
A: (Laughing slightly.)
Jeg tror, de har det bedre, end jeg har. - Vi var to herhjemme.
"I think they feel better about it, than I do. - We were two here at home."

Q: Havde de helst set, at Joachim var blevet hjemme?
"Had You preferred that Joachim had stayed at home?"
A: Jeg skal ikke beslutte, hvad han vil, og selvfølgelig er det en stor og spændende udfordring for ham, men det er rart, når man er to forældre om børn,«
"I am not to decide what he wants and of course it's a big and exciting challenge for him, but it is nice when you are two parents taking care of/looking after children."

Nikolai and Felix are looking forward to visiting daddy in Paris:
A: (Grinning.) De siger, at nu har de et sted at bo der og en god guide,
"They say that they now have a place to stay there and a good guide."

They haven't yet visited J&M though.
A: Nej, ikke endnu. Han skal lige have lov til at falde på plads og have deres to børn dernede i skole og nyt job og det hele
"No, not yet. He needs time to settle in and have their two children start school down there and a new job and all."

Alexandra declined to get into too many details about her future plans, except that it involved giving lectures/speeches.

- It is my impression that Alexandra is a little miffed she wasn't counseled by Joachim before he (and our Marie) decided to move to Paris.
But come on, Nikolai has already moved away from home. He left home years ago in fact and he is not coming back, that's for sure! That's life and that's how it should be.
And Felix is still in high school and as such he lives at home anyway, so she still keeps an eye on him on a day to day basis. With Joachim until now basically standing in from time to time after school and during weekends.
So not much will have changed and it's no different from other divorced dads who are stationed abroad for a period. They can't come home and take an active part in their children's lives during that period either.

I also think it does smells like a clean break from her protections when her apanage ends.
We can discuss how much value she has as a figurehead for a cause today. It is after all quite a few years since she was royal. To put it brutally.
We can also discuss how sincere she was in regards to her protections if she drops them when her apanage ends. But to that you can argue, that there is nothing to hinder her from continuing to support causes, as a private person.
And if I am to be cynical. Nikolai and Felix are so far away from the throne that they will rarely have anything to do with the official side of the DRF anyway, so they will have to make a life for themselves. And while a title of Prince might be an advantage in some respects, I will claim that the less "royal" they are, the better for them. And having a mother who is acting semi-royal by being a patron of this and that might be a hindrance for Nikolai and Felix.
Out of sight, out of mind = much more freedom for Nikolai and Felix. - If you get my meaning.
Sounds like she a little more than just miffed. From the text I bolded, it's a dig at Joachim for going to Paris without consulting her. And I don't understand why he would need too. From the way she answered those questions, if I hadn't of known Nikolai and Felix were aged 20 and 17 respectively, I would have assumed her children were primary-school aged. And they are far from that.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 09-09-2019, 03:02 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,657
Permit me to venture into the realm of psychology here and present a thought:

Alexandra are seeing those nearest to her move on with their own lives, "leaving" her behind, - alone.

It is I think a very common and human feeling.

First Nikolai has left for good - and he has found girlfriend who is now the most important woman in his life and they are busy nesting. (Whether it will last is of course an open question, but right now they are nesting.)
Felix is 17, he is also becoming more and more independent - it would be terrible if he wasn't! Next year he is to appear before the draft-board, and in contrast to his brother, it is my impression that Felix is more physical, so he might sign up for the military.
He is unlikely to return home after that, except for a brief period, until he finds somewhere to live.
Joachim is happy in his life and has moved to France (permanently?) so she hasn't got him anymore either, to talk children (and anything else) with.
She is still hands on in regards to Nikolai's modelling career, but he is going to be very busy at CBS now, and in his spare time he has his girlfriend, so it will only be a matter of time before he either drops his modelling career (that has pretty much been hinted IMO) and/or tell his mother to back off in that regard.

On top of that I think Alexandra must still be smarting from her last two relationships, Martin Jørgensen and the fraudster. That would only be natural.

So for me, it would only be natural that she should feel a sense of abandonment, until she has come to terms with her sons leaving and settling into a new routine. Now even more out of the limelight.

You are after all both happy and proud when your children leave home - but also a little sad.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,334
It's called "Syndrom of abandoned nest".

Who is "fraudster"
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,460
JMHO, but I think Alexandra is going to be one of the sadder stories amongst royal families. She had hoped to find love and a life with someone new and, unfortunately, both relationships failed. I hope she finds a strong, permanent relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
It's called "Syndrom of abandoned nest".

Who is "fraudster"
I see, thanks.

Fraudster is this guy:
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Current Events Part 1: September 2015 -

Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Current Events Part 1: September 2015 -
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 09-09-2019, 06:51 AM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Permit me to venture into the realm of psychology here and present a thought:

Alexandra are seeing those nearest to her move on with their own lives, "leaving" her behind, - alone.

It is I think a very common and human feeling.

First Nikolai has left for good - and he has found girlfriend who is now the most important woman in his life and they are busy nesting. (Whether it will last is of course an open question, but right now they are nesting.)
Felix is 17, he is also becoming more and more independent - it would be terrible if he wasn't! Next year he is to appear before the draft-board, and in contrast to his brother, it is my impression that Felix is more physical, so he might sign up for the military.
He is unlikely to return home after that, except for a brief period, until he finds somewhere to live.
Joachim is happy in his life and has moved to France (permanently?) so she hasn't got him anymore either, to talk children (and anything else) with.
She is still hands on in regards to Nikolai's modelling career, but he is going to be very busy at CBS now, and in his spare time he has his girlfriend, so it will only be a matter of time before he either drops his modelling career (that has pretty much been hinted IMO) and/or tell his mother to back off in that regard.

On top of that I think Alexandra must still be smarting from her last two relationships, Martin Jørgensen and the fraudster. That would only be natural.

So for me, it would only be natural that she should feel a sense of abandonment, until she has come to terms with her sons leaving and settling into a new routine. Now even more out of the limelight.

You are after all both happy and proud when your children leave home - but also a little sad.
I couldn't agree more with your above comments, Muhler.

It's clear Alexandra is starting to feel more like an empty-nester; and her hold over her sons is slipping. Taking aim at her ex-husband's ambitions is making her seem bitter. Even worse when she's using her sons as the bullets.

I truly hope she finds inner peace and happiness in her life.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 10-05-2019, 06:33 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,657
BT is currently writing a series about the most wealthy businessmen and families in DK, some of whom are very discreet!
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/alexandras-...p-ad-den-roede

One of them is 62 year old Mikael Goldscmidt, who is a personal friend of Alexandra.
A self-made billionaire Goldschmidt has helped Alexandra on a number of occasions.
When Alexandra sold her house in Gentofte, a short while after the breark-up with Martin Jørgensen, it was Goldschmidt who offered her a luxury apartment he owns in downtown Copenhagen, that she could rent, until she was ready to move into her current home.

When Nikolai left the army, it was Goldschmidt, who offered him in internship in his business.

He is an extremely shrewd businessman, with an exceptional good nose for when to buy and especially for when to sell. As such he came out on top of the recent financial recession, because he sold most of his properties before the financial crisis was a fact.
I would not be the least bit surprised if he offer Alexandra advise on her investments - now.
It is certainly clear to me that Martin Jørgensen would never have been allowed to, let alone getting away, with squandering a not insignificant amount of Alexandra's money on his "investments" had Goldscmidt been in over it as well.

- I mention this because in order to get a fuller picture of the DRF (and former DRF-members) you need to look at who their friends are.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, patronages, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 192 05-27-2018 09:27 AM
Disparity of Patronages between Princess Marie and Countess Alexandra Empress Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 74 08-23-2009 04:19 PM
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Official Biography carlota Royal House of Denmark 22 03-07-2009 06:36 AM




Popular Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family bracelets castles charles of wales countess of wessex crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events danish royalty denmark discussão duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of sussex dutch royal family felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city future genealogy general news germany greece headship jerusalem kiko king salman lady louise mountbatten-windsor lithuanian palaces meghan markle memoir monaco christening monaco history monaco royal monarchism monogram mountbatten netflix nobel 2019 official visit pakistan prince daniel prince harry prince peter princess margaret princess royal rania of jordan rown royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia savoy saxony south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royalty trump visit from sweden


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×