The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us, Maggie

Now you have seen and experienced both Frederik and Mary live, right? I have Mary and Margrethe on my met-in-real-life list, but I hope to see Frederik too one day... Too bad I couldn't reach it in Roskilde today. Especially in uniform!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Courtier

frederik, mary, haakon :)
https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...36835406_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...49286660_o.jpg

photo gallery
BILLEDSERIE Norges uafhængighed fejret i Operaen | Nyheder | DR

Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Wow Maggie, two goodlooking Crown Princes, And in uniform. Nothing makes a girls heart flutter just a little bit faster than a guy in uniform. I am sure it made your day. Cheers
Old 05-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Courtier

it did tarlita :)

glad to share my little hour with you in here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna93 View Post
Wow, Frederik looks fantastic in his uniform!
In my opinion, he is the most good-looking Prince in Europe. :) I think Mary is a lucky woman for the reason that he found and chose her, young girl from Australia, to be his wife. :)
I am really happy that he loves her so much after all these years of their marriage.
same opinion here..his sweet down on earth personality makes it only better.
frederik is lucky too..what a influence mary has on him..he seems so happy..that was also the talk among the crowds after they have left..funny to hear peoples talk :)
Old 05-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
i can't stop smiling ...

i have just got a warm smile and a wave from frederik... a sweet and smiling man to watch.. he smiles all the time.. seriously.. :-) i live in roskilde and was in town today when i see many many people, police and guards men in front of our cathedral .. and how lucky are one allowed to be ... both our frederik and norwegian haakon arrive ... strategically planned i placed me completely away from everyone else so that when frederik drove past on the way home i waved to him and he smiled a big smile and waved back to me he waved to all the others too, but still ;-) lots of people, lots of sun .. Denmark from its best side to show haakon ..

thing to note ..
frederik and haakon arrived in the same car but left in their own...
you simply could not avoid hearing how much respect there is for frederik as a person among people on the street.
there was danish and norwegian flags at our shopping street.

that is good to hear, of the respect they have for him.
Im glad you were able to go and see both in person

and Denmark looks lovely
Old 05-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Courtier

thank you for all the lovely posts and pictures to allow non-Danes to share in this special event. Do the Danes know whether the televised concert is available on line? I also read that the Prince consort is giving cooking demonstrations (in a different context, sorry Mods!) on television, do we know if this will be available on line for those of us outside Denmark! mange tak
Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Courtier

nice photos

nice to see haakon, frederik and mary arriving together..two crown princes..one crown princess :)

guess haakon had spent his afternoon home at frederik&mary..
Old 05-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Was there a reason MM was a no show?
Old 05-24-2014, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
thank you for all the lovely posts and pictures to allow non-Danes to share in this special event. Do the Danes know whether the televised concert is available on line? I also read that the Prince consort is giving cooking demonstrations (in a different context, sorry Mods!) on television, do we know if this will be available on line for those of us outside Denmark! mange tak
Was it on TV? Didn't know. Mrs Muhler had friends visiting, so I sought refuge in my den and didn't see any TV.

Checked the TV-schedule. No live sending yesterday. - Perhaps it was shown on Norwegian TV?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Serene Highness

The bicentenary concert in Copenhagen:
Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

A gallery about CP Haakon together with Frederik in Roskilde at the tomb of Prince/ King Chr. Frederik:
Se billederne: To kronprinser – én historie | www.bt.dk

Love this one with Haakon looking extremely handsome:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/1...n-historie.jpg

and Queen Sonja lovely:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/1152x-u/7394481-.jpg
Old 05-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree about Haakon. He certainly lives up to his nickname, Hotkon . I like it when the Scandinavian Royals get together in events like this, they seem to enjoy each other's company a lot. I remember reading multiple times that most of them are very close.
Does anyone know why Mette-Marit wasn't there? All the others are present excluding King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia whom I think had an event that night, so perhaps she was ill.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree about Haakon. He certainly lives up to his nickname, Hotkon . I like it when the Scandinavian Royals get together in events like this, they seem to enjoy each other's company a lot. I remember reading multiple times that most of them are very close.
Does anyone know why Mette-Marit wasn't there? All the others are present excluding King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia whom I think had an event that night, so perhaps she was ill.
I don't think Mette-Marit was ill. She wasn't listed for this event in the calendar from the beginning. Same for King Harald, who also didn't attend...
Old 05-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

Not everyone was there - King Harald stayed in Norway, too!
And the swedish royal couple wasn´t there because this was a purely danish-norwegian affair (the concerts name was "2 countries, one history").
Old 05-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

from the NRF-website about yesterday kongehuset.no - «To land, én historie»
Translation

Today, Queen Sonja and Queen Margrethe attended a seminar on the bicentenary of the Norwegian Constitution, and unveiled the sculpture "Dobbeltlegeme" by Morten Stræde in Copenhagen, May 24, 2014.
Dronning Margrethe og dronning Sonja til festmøde | Billed Bladet
Translation
Old 05-25-2014, 01:49 AM
Majesty

Very good pics of Mary and Marie's dresses at the opera: Extravagant dresses at stormy gala event - Royalista

I see our Marie is wearing a bow on her shoulder. I thought it was a ribbon for an order, but it's a bowtie, so presumablt that's part of the dress.
Mary's dress is from Erdem. Shoes and clutch from Prada.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Majesty

Hmm, it's the first time I noticed it and have to admit it really doesn't belong there.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 24 - also in connection with the celebration for the 200th anniversary of Norway's constitution - Queen Margrethe and Queen Sonja attended a celebration and seminar by the Foundation for the Danish-Norwegian Co-operation.

** kongehuset.dk: Video: Festmøde på Schæffergården **

** BB: Dronning Margrethe og dronning Sonja til festmøde ** translation **
Old 05-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Majesty

I've been wondering about the blue ribbon worn by our Marie.

I agree with Marg, even I think it's odd as a part of a dress, so I wonder if it's a "female ribbon" to an order. And I've been doing a little digging and so far I haven't found anything.
The light blue color indicates that it might be one of the Danish comamorative orders/medals.

However I've also noted that both Frederik, Haakon and Joachim wore a little thing on their lapels. not the same thing though: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/2...n-historie.jpg
Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

A Danish MP is here seen wearing something on his lapel that resembles what Haakon is wearing: Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

Perhaps someone with knowledge can help?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Serene Highness

I think these are the miniature versions of the danish and norwegian orders respectively worn at black tie events other than white tie/ uniform and tiara events where full orders with sashes are used.