The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Serene Highness

It is possible ,but the U.S. security system affected to all members of the Committee.It could has not like to the members, the Committee has its jurisdiction.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Just so everyone is aware of the voting procedure and the possibilty of Chicago losing King Constantine's vote, Honorary and Honor Members do not get to vote. King Constantine is an Honorary Member of the IOC, thus he did not have a vote for the 2016 Summer Games host.

The information on who can and cannot vote can be found here, under '2016 Host City Election Procedure', then selecting '2016 Voting Membership'.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Just so everyone is aware of the voting procedure and the possibilty of Chicago losing King Constantine's vote, Honorary and Honor Members do not get to vote. King Constantine is an Honorary Member of the IOC, thus he did not have a vote for the 2016 Summer Games host.

The information on who can and cannot vote can be found here, under '2016 Host City Election Procedure', then selecting '2016 Voting Membership'.
Thanks for THIS!!!!
, this is true in the decision of Olympic cities do not participate in election the honor members , but again I repeat the security cordon of U.S. security services affected to all members of the Committee , also to members entitled to vote.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

.......royalty will always be more special than a president.
I think it's what you do, what you achieve, that makes you special.

At least Barack Obama had to go through a very tough campaign to become leader. Frederik and Joachim were just born royal. The accident of birth made them royal. They haven't done anything significant (yet).

The only male royal I admire is Britain's Prince Charles. He started his Prince's Trust when he was in his twenties. THAT is special, in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Haya in Denmark. She attended a event in the Opera.
http://i34.tinypic.com/15d9iqr.jpg

During last day she wore a blue outfit she was great.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Posts about Oprah Winfrey have been moved to this thread Olympic Games 2016 - It's decision time in Copenhagen, Oct 2nd!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
October 3rd-5th
13th Olympic Congress at the Bella Centre. Crown Prince Frederik will attend the opening day (he is a candidate for IOC membership).
P.Frederik's speech found here in english,
here is a video and here is another video which you have to watch about 10 or so minutes till Frederik talks
Old 10-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Beautiful speech, he has such a wonderful calming voice. Very passionate.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Danish Royal Family and US president Barack Obama with first lady Michelle Obama at the Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen.
2 October Myroyal’s Blog
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva greets Prince Albert of Monaco as he meets IOC members after the Rio de Janeiro 2016 bid presentation at the 121st International Olympic Committee session in the Bella Center in Copenhagen (2/10/2009).

http://i37.tinypic.com/2i0xch0.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/14vmiyd.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/ngosnq.jpg
Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
Thanks for THIS!!!!
, this is true in the decision of Olympic cities do not participate in election the honor members , but again I repeat the security cordon of U.S. security services affected to all members of the Committee , also to members entitled to vote.
If anything, I suspect this had a positive effect on the Committee. I was involved with both the Atlanta and Salt Lake City games, and as far as the IOC was concerned, the more security and the tighter the controls, the better.

It's also important to remember that the Secret Service has one duty in a case like this: Protect Michelle Obama. That's quite different from the IOC's general security for the entire event. Foreign dignitaries generally travel with their own security and coordinate with additional resources in their host countries. There was nothing unusual about the Secret Service's action in this case.

Although Constantine may have found it annoying, I doubt he would have taken it too personally. He has spent his entire life among people who are very well and closely guarded, so he would understand the issue. He has also lived in relative anonymity for the last 30 years, so he's probably also accustomed to things like this.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems as if HRH Prince Willem-Alexander has kept a rather low profile during his attendance at the IOC this session in Denmark. I would like to know what he is working on for/at the IOC. Has there been a press release stating such information?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Majesty

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Dutch CP speaks on future of Olympics

courtesy hja

The Prince of Orange will return to Copenhagen tomorrow,tuesday the 6th till friday the 9th,to attend the XIII Olympic Congress.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Would be lovely to see photo's of Willem Alexander, Frederik and Mary. Last time I recall seeing photo's of these three together was at the Beijing Olympics after a swimming tournament. Maxima was also present then.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Danish Crown Prince Frederik talks during the opening of the 13th Congress of the IOC
on October 3, 2009, in the Bella Center in Copenhagen.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
KELD NAVNTOFT/AFP/Getty Images
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

The remaining timetable is as follows:

The Olympic Congress closes today. The delegates will have discussed the five sub-themes (Athletes, the Games, Structure of the Olympic Movement, Olympism and Youth, the Digital Revolution).

October 7th to 9th: 121st IOC Session:
Election of IOC President and IOC Members
Election of new sports - golf? rugby?
Grand Closing Reception in Tivoli Garden.

There are some nice, downloadable photos by the Media Centre, of Crown Prince Frederik, Jacques Rogge etc.
For download - 121st IOC Session and XIII Olympic Congress in Copenhagen 2009
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Renata4711, this is the information on the remaining timeline and agenda that I was looking for on the IOC conference. It really takes so much work from so many dedicated people to keep the Olympics the wonderful worldly event that it is.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Oct 5, The Crown Prince and the Crown Princess participate in evening event for EOC (European Olympic Committees) at Carlsberg Museum's premises.
Here is a brief article and picture gallery from BB
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Election of new sports - golf? rugby?
I'd take rugby over golf! I was watching it in a sports bar during lunch once - first time I've ever seen it played. Man is that a brutal game! During the hour or so we were there, there must have been half a dozen guys carted off the field with head/neck stabilizers on!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Majesty

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe